Last post wins

Bah. But all my best characters are tragic or evil...

Tragic isn't quite as much of a problem as evil. The Mane Equestrian Roleplay section is fostered to be generally warm-hearted and friendly. Think like an episode of My Little Pony. Most roleplays and characters are encouraged to be as close to the overall feel of the show as possible.

That's not to say that tragedy doesn't occur or isn't allowed. It just can't be like... anywhere near the level of something like Silent Hill.

But Conor is right.

Certainly, before anypony begins, I would suggest reading through the Character Creation and Roleplay Guide Threads.

A cursory glance through the Lore section wouldn't hurt either.

Want to be a partner for my character Idea.

Infact, guys. My character may need some members on his side.

If anyone interested.

My ideas is that my pony was born with a illness called "Hedricnomira" a genetic problem that makes him technically count as all ponies although his body dosen't properly develope any of the add on genres of ponies-example, he has a unicorn horn but it stops at child level, meaning he can barely do magic, his wings are incapable of flight and his body is weak, his bones are brittle. He also can't get a cutie mark)

The idea is that he makes up for it all by pretty much being a genius in pyschologly and he enters ponies mnid through traditional practice and magic-which he needs a helper to activate the spell for him-where when hes in the mind realm, his own or his subject hes far more powerful. He primarily treats crazy ponies although he jsut as capable to driving them to insanity.

I might make him a villian, saying he becomes scarred from the things hes seen in Ponies minds.

I'm not really used to making ponies so...yea..this idea may not fit.

....... I was only going to make my OC have kleptomania..

Tragic isn't quite as much of a problem as evil. The Mane Equestrian Roleplay section is fostered to be generally warm-hearted and friendly. Think like an episode of My Little Pony. Most roleplays and characters are encouraged to be as close to the overall feel of the show as possible.

That's not to say that tragedy doesn't occur or isn't allowed. It just can't be like... anywhere near the level of something like Silent Hill.

But Conor is right.

Certainly, before anypony begins, I would suggest reading through the Character Creation and Roleplay Guide Threads.

A cursory glance through the Lore section wouldn't hurt either.

Well, It was just a random spontanious idea. So nothing lost.

Well, I wouldn't say its really that dark. Its pretty much just a sick pony who a master of pyschology. I guess it could be dark, it has open windows for it to be. I don't really know if I want him to go evil anyway. It would be a cool idea for him to go crazy though for a grimdark book or something, trap everyone in a pyschotic mind world or along those lines.

*shrug*

Not going to lie. I am going to get stuck then.

And that's entirely alright.

What you should do is write up an application in the Application section with your ideas for your character. Make sure it's labeled as a Work In Progress, WIP. Or HELP might be even more appropriate. Try to trim back the darker aspects as best as possible, but if you can't that's alright.

The Roleplay Helpstaff as well as any members who see it will lend a helping hoof to help you edit your character to make him appropriate for the Mane Roleplay.

soooo, did you guys know that sulvie only has 28 posts outside of spam stables? if they took away his posts, he'd be knocked down to two apples

I have 438 posts outside spam stables. not even a brony yet

One other thing I'll say is, if and when you post a Character Application, don't be discouraged by critique.

The guidelines for getting into the Mane Roleplay are VERY strict.

There are A LOT of things which aren't acceptable in the Mane Roleplay.

Chances are, you might be asked to change quite a few things about your character. You can question those things if you don't entirely understand what is being asked of you or if you truly believe what you're being asked to change should be acceptable in the Mane Roleplay, but at the end of the day, the RP Helpstaff and the Admins have the final say. Again, I emphasize the importance of reading the Character Creation guides.

But just take the critique in stride. Don't let it get you down. The Staff only want to help make your character fit as best as possible into the world of Equestria. They aren't trying to belittle your ideas or your character. They just want to help make them better~

soooo, did you guys know that sulvie only has 28 posts outside of spam stables? if they took away his posts, he'd be knocked down to two apples

I have 438 posts outside spam stables. not even a brony yet

THIS xD

Yeah, I think I only have like, 100-200 or so posts outside of the Spam Stables.

I used to post in the Introduction thread a lot. I used to welcome all the new ponies.

I should really start that up again~

One other thing I'll say is, if and when you post a Character Application, don't be discouraged by critique.

The guidelines for getting into the Mane Roleplay are VERY strict.

There are A LOT of things which aren't acceptable in the Mane Roleplay.

Chances are, you might be asked to change quite a few things about your character. You can question those things if you don't entirely understand what is being asked of you, but at the end of the day, the RP Helpstaff and the Admins have the final say.

Just take the critique in stride. Don't let it get you down. The Staff only want to help make your character fit as best as possible into the world of Equestria. They aren't trying to belittle your ideas or your character. They just want to help make them better~

You're being awfully helpful.

Who are you and what have you done with Fawkes