Ponies at Conventions?

Starfox64x

Anyone gone to any conventions lately and seen Ponies? I just came back from Anime Weekend and i was surprisied to see how big the fanbase was there! most of the guys were Macintosh, but there were multiple versions of the mane six (except Rarity...) Vinyl Scratch, Photo Finish, i even saw a little girl dressed as Apple Bloom, THAT was adorable ^_^

But was i found funny was that a good number of the people who were wearing MLP shirts also had either A: A fez, or B: A Tardis backpack that was being sold at the con.... So it seems like Pony and Dr Who fans are part of the same demographic.

When I was at FanExpo I didn't see any pony cosplay (sadly) but I did see a METRIC TONNE of pony art in the artist alley. A lot of artists had a least one pony themed item in their portfolio to buy, and I ended up getting a couple of sets of pony and humanized pony buttons (also got humanized colt buttons, which is like double fan derived)!

comic-con is the last weekend in October, and I intend to keep a lookout for mlp stuff ò^ó usually I only go for the manga, but this year I've got something more to look out for!

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody hear about that Summer Sun Celebration brony get together next year? Apparently donors of $150+ or something like that get a VIP access pass to meet the "special guests of honor" too, hint hint.

[They weren't exactly off to a good start though.... Goal was like $35,000 and they were up to like $1,041 total when I last checked a few weeks ago)

There's one anime convention, that I go to every year and they had a My Little Pony panel, but I didn't go see it since it was before I became a fan.

However I did go to the My Little Pony panel at another convention in the summer (though I missed half because my Mother was driving me back and was getting a migrene and it was a long drive), I saw a girl dressed as Fluttershy in her Gala Dress (I have a photograph of her) and bought three Ponies at one of the booths (Twilight Sparkle, Rarity & Lily Blossom, they had Cheerilee too but I didn't bring very much cash and since this was one of the first years of the convention so it was fairly small and cash only)

• 3 weeks later...