do kids watch this show?

Angie Cakes

My mom's friend's daughter likes the show (I made references to it when my mom was visiting, the little 8 year old girl looked at me like "wtf?" and pointed out that it's supposively a "girl's show." I call BS.), and since I work with my mom (who is a party clown), I've seen.... one little girl who watches the show. My mom used Angel as an excuse for the little girl to accept a little stuffed animal rabbit, worked like a charm.

I've only seen 2 little girls out of the lord-knows-how-many little girls I've seen (plus, I live a block away from an elementary school, so that adds on quite a bit ot hte number) who like MLP; FiM (Or, at least, the TV show).

Now, high school girls are different. They think "WTF YOU WATCH MLP?!"

Even the friendly nerd ones....

.... but, if you word it right (if you make pony themed fanart, music, fangames, etc.), you can use it to impress some of the gorgeous girls I go to school with...

.... I have no clue how I went from seeing little girls who like MLP: FiM to pcking up some of my hot classmates with subtle ponies.

You know, all of the girls at my school haven't even got a clue what a meme is, let alone the awesomeness of MLP:FiM. They literally think that My Little Ponies are gross. Even G4.

Seriously, you must go to an awesome school to pick up girls who are attracted to bronies.

Props to you, fellow brony. :smirk:

You know, all of the girls at my school haven't even got a clue what a meme is, let alone the awesomeness of MLP:FiM. They literally think that My Little Ponies are gross. Even G4.

Seriously, you must go to an awesome school to pick up girls who are attracted to bronies.

Props to you, fellow brony. :smirk:

The trick is to avoid saying "pony." Seriously, it works great. "I'm working on a fangame" for me. If you're an artist "I'm good at drawing." Writers.... "I'm skilled at weaving a tale."

Those last 2 are merely and theoretical.

.... Oh, and I've seen more high school nerds who like MLP than little girls.

not sure about here in the netherlands because its not aired...... and we dont have many cartoons left here (wich is a treu shame) most of em are live action (bleh)

but i wanna bet as soon as the kids of my aunt show up here there seven and nine years old i'l get them hooked on the show ^^

I dont have any direct experiance with little kids (small family) but it's interesting what I've noticed based on numerous sites is this:

-for the most part, anyone under 8 doesnt watch the show (or cant follow it)

-from 8 to 12, it's a random mix of boys and girls, though mostly girls because boys are in the "I'm MANLY!" phase

-from 13 plus again its fairly random but the concentration of males rises the older the demographic gets...

I think part of the reason it's not more popular, in genneral, is because it's run on some obscure cable channel that aparently very few people get and fewer watch...

I'm almost certain there are more young kids that watch it then adults. On TV, anyway. If Bronies were the majority of viewers, then there'd be a lot more merchandise aimed at us, and they'd be realeasing DVDs in Seasons, ETC.

I'm questioning that. We are a rather large demographic and really we have NOTHING (most of the Tshirt sites are 'fan made') In fact until recently I'm not sure Hasbro even admitted we exist - I think they were trying to keep MLP as a "little kids only" franchise. But with the update on their website, they're finally offically acknowledging us and I think we may see a few things now and then... (you'd think they would see this has the potential with so many demographics to be the next "Star Wars" as far as merchandising goes!)

I'm questioning that. We are a rather large demographic and really we have NOTHING (most of the Tshirt sites are 'fan made') In fact until recently I'm not sure Hasbro even admitted we exist - I think they were trying to keep MLP as a "little kids only" franchise. But with the update on their website, they're finally offically acknowledging us and I think we may see a few things now and then... (you'd think they would see this has the potential with so many demographics to be the next "Star Wars" as far as merchandising goes!)

You do have a point, especially since they're hiring a new market manager that understands it's "relevance in pop culture" or something along those lines. I'd still say there are more kids watching it, though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure there are only a few thousand Bronies (I say only) while I'm sure there are countless little kids that'll watch it.

Considering the amount of hits the episodes get on Youtube, the amount of hits EqD gets daily, and the simple fact that this one fansite were on now has had 1,499 people interested enough at one time to sign up as members, I think a few thousand is a really low estimate. The Brony population is undoubtedly much larger than that. I don't really know the numbers myself, but I would be surprised if it wasn't a lot closer then you state.

You do have a point, especially since they're hiring a new market manager that understands it's "relevance in pop culture" or something along those lines. I'd still say there are more kids watching it, though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure there are only a few thousand Bronies (I say only) while I'm sure there are countless little kids that'll watch it.

Honestly, I'm not sure what the ratio would be due to it only being shown on a high-tier cable channel or over the internet which most 'kids' don't really encounter in full until their teenage years (which is beyond most of MLP's target demographic) Now, when/if the show is syndicated, I think that will change radically, but right now I'd venture to say there are probably a lot more adults watching than expected and a lot fewer kids watching than expected due to the available outlets.

As I said in another thread: Most of the greatest inventions were mistakes, not people aiming to achieve something. I'm not asking Hasbro to go whole-hog on brony products, just something to show they recognize us, with a little more filtering out over time. (heck start with making show-accurate toys and plushies, that alone would increase their revenue and garner good faith without any real "risk")