do kids watch this show?

Angie Cakes

so I've been doing research on my little pony toys for homework, and I've come across a few toy reviews from parents saying how much the kids love the toys and that they don't care that the toys aren't accurate.

so that got me wondering, what kind of experiences have you guys had with kids and mlp: fim?

my little cousin owns the gift set with the plastic haired toys and she loves them, but when I tried to show her the show, she ignored it except for the musical parts. (to be expected of a three year old I guess... this is a bit too high level for her still)

the only other time I've seen a kid with a fim toy was at a baseball game that I was volunteering at. she had the Fluttershy toy from McDonald's, but she called it a different name.

My three year old "niece" (bff's daughter) is just starting to take notice of the show, thanks to her friends from preschool, and I'm psyched. I've been a pony fan from the get go, and I have all sorts of toys to pass on to her. She doesn't pay attention to television much, so the show isn't something she's taken notice of yet, but she's starting to take interest in the toys. I've been reminded several times that she still needs a year or two before I go full-pony on her and pass along some of my less-than-mint G1 ponies...

I suspect that is why there are so many converts among the "older than college age" set, they put it on for their kids and go "Wait a minute, this is actually fun!"

Furry artist Jim Groat was at an airport waiting to travel home and saw about 5 guys in 3 piece suits, one was showing off a McDonalds Pinkie Pie, and a few minutes later they wee clustered around a laptop with the MLP theme clearly heard. The guy with Pinkie noticed him watching and looked embarrased, but Jim smiled and put his fist out, saying "Brohoof!"...

My Little Pony doesn't show on TV where I live, so I'm not sure if kids are into it at all, over here. It's all thanks to the internet that I got to know about most of the things I'm into.

I got my little 9 year old brother to watch it on Youtube with me, and he loved it!

I think if it was showing here on TV, all the kids'll love it. What kid can resist such a colorful show of great characters! :kissy:

I've seen a few little girls buying the toys when I've been browsing my local Toys R Us, there's also the inncident when this woman put one of the Pinkie Pie ornaments on hold for her little Colt the same day I bought mine and the clerk thought that I was the woman's daughter or sister.

In terms of the T.V. show I know that one of my mom's student brought her son to our house once and he saw a bit of one episode before his mother took him to show him another room and she's shown him episodes online since then (to be honest I don't know very many people with young children)

Well, MLP:FiM hasn't been shown here yet but some of the older teens do know about the older generations (G2 and G3). Another reason is because this country is saturated in Anime/Manga stuff since we're near to Japan, and there's this silly notion going around that watching "Western Animation" makes you lame because it's just for kids while Anime/Manga is for the grown-ups.

• 3 weeks later...
My little sister loves the show and is always asking me to head to youtube and watch an episode with her.

Same thing kinda happens with my sister! Every once in awhile, she'll be like... "Can you put on ponies?" Because I have to go to YouTube on the Wii and I'm the only one who knows how to look up the episodes. I got her a pony coloring book and Twilight Sparkle toy for her Birthday. For Christmas, I asked her what she wanted... she said ponies. So did my other little sister, who is older than her but still young (okay I can't remember their ages).

Also, it's not above my little brother, who is like in junior high, to watch whatever is on the TV... even if it IS ponies. Or Barbie. He's compared FiM to 'Anime ponies'. Even though he's never seen Anime because he's not allowed.

Anyway... my siblings watch it so... But I brought it to the house!

Tons of my friends' kids watch it. Then again I have very few friends at this point who do NOT have kids.

One of my friend's kids in particular, who is an 8 year old boy knows I watch it and has decided to torment me because anything his 5 year old little sister likes is automatically lame.

Heh, after I made a series of MLP/brony posts on Facebook, my great aunt messaged me to say she had no idea what a "Brony" was, but after looking the term and the show up, she was going to try to be one with her great granddaughter (who apparently loves the toys but hasn't seen the new show). So I might have ended up getting my great aunt and one of my kid relatives (what do you call the great granndaughter of your great aunt? I have no idea) to watch the show. Score! :D

• 1 month later...

My mom's friend's daughter likes the show (I made references to it when my mom was visiting, the little 8 year old girl looked at me like "wtf?" and pointed out that it's supposively a "girl's show." I call BS.), and since I work with my mom (who is a party clown), I've seen.... one little girl who watches the show. My mom used Angel as an excuse for the little girl to accept a little stuffed animal rabbit, worked like a charm.

I've only seen 2 little girls out of the lord-knows-how-many little girls I've seen (plus, I live a block away from an elementary school, so that adds on quite a bit ot hte number) who like MLP; FiM (Or, at least, the TV show).

Now, high school girls are different. They think "WTF YOU WATCH MLP?!"

Even the friendly nerd ones....

.... but, if you word it right (if you make pony themed fanart, music, fangames, etc.), you can use it to impress some of the gorgeous girls I go to school with...

.... I have no clue how I went from seeing little girls who like MLP: FiM to pcking up some of my hot classmates with subtle ponies.

I was babysitting my neighbour the other day (like a month ago), and I searched the guide to see if mlp would be on while I was over. she got really annoyed, but when we saw that it wouldn't be on, she threw a mini party