Interested in starting a pony fan animation group thing

MyLittlePonyTales

Epic Animation Time!  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think (another) fan animation group is a good idea?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What are you skilled in?

• Animating
    • Writing
    • Voice Acting
    • Other
  3. 3. Do you think the director for an animation group should be able to animate?

• Yes
    • No, period
    • No, if they have other skills

So, I was thinking that I might like to start up a pony animation group thing. I've only seen a couple out there, so it's not really a big thing—probably because it takes a lot of work! I was just wondering if anyone would be at all interested in helping with something like this. I was also thinking of calling it 'Epic Animation Time!' The idea would be to start off doing pony animations, however this could possibly move forward from that and we could work on different or even original projects.

The main thing I think that would be needed at this point would be ANIMATORS. I don't do any type of art because I am kinda terrible at it. But, I have story ideas and I can do voice work. So I'm not entirely useless. I can also be good at organizing things, like Twilight Sparkle.

Anyway, post below if you're interested, and please answer the polls. If you are seriously interested in helping rather than just interested in seeing what we could produce, please use this format (you can also make other comments in addition):

Name you would like to go by:

Skilled in: Animating, writing, voice acting, other (can choose multiple):

Examples of work (if you don't wish to post they can be emailed to epicanimationtime@gmail.com):

Skype, Messenger, AIM, other-online-chat name (Skype is preferred):

How many hours you think you'd be able to dedicate on average per week:

This is still just a general interest query, nothing is final yet.

More fan animation is always a good thing.

I've never written a script, but I have experience writing a lot of fanfiction. I don't know how useful that is. No art/animation talent, and I doubt I'd be good for voice acting.

I use to be alright with animating... I'm pretty good with writing, but as for voice acting, i THINK i'm alright... but i'm not entirely sure...

I havent animated in a LONG time, but here are my best pieces.

(EDIT: FYI, the voice for the Zelda animation... its NOT me.. .I asked my cousin to do his voice... and after we finished we both kinda agreed it stunk...)

http://starfox64x.de...allery/26428277

I'm also pretty good with writing humorous stuff. Me and some friends made a MLP Abridged, and for the most part, people liked it!

Hm, what else?... I think that's about it... Let me know what you think!

• Like 2

I use to be alright with animating... I'm pretty good with writing, but as for voice acting, i THINK i'm alright... but i'm not entirely sure...

I havent animated in a LONG time, but here are my best pieces.

(EDIT: FYI, the voice for the Zelda animation... its NOT me.. .I asked my cousin to do his voice... and after we finished we both kinda agreed it stunk...)

http://starfox64x.de...allery/26428277

I'm also pretty good with writing humorous stuff. Me and some friends made a MLP Abridged, and for the most part, people liked it!

Hm, what else?... I think that's about it... Let me know what you think!

Hahaha, that was hilarious, Starfox! xD

Sorry for copying your post idea, but my brothers and I also did a voice over a few weeks back. It wasn't MLP related, though, and we just did it for kicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCn30JFOhE&list=UUYQJKu2ZAk_3RYhBiOFpKKQ&feature=plcp

(I played Batman and the Veggies guys :P )

I can prolly do some technical stuff, like video editing and subtitles. I don't mind other jobs as well. All I really want is to contribute and help with something in the animation, even if it's just moral support. XD

Well, I never got past drawing stick-ponies, but I seem to have a flare for writing. I have never tried script-writing, but I can't help think it would be fun.

I could try voice acting, but honestly, do you really want a pony sounding like me?!

Hey, it's me again!

I'd like this to happen for real, so it would be cool if you guys could email me so I can better keep track. I've inquired about this on some other forums, and it would be easier to be able to see everyone I've got if I have you all on my email.

I kind of asked for the same thing before, but I fixed up the format a bit.

Forum you are from and username:

Skilled in (anything you think would be helpful, disregard what I've listed I need, I need everything):

Example(s) of work (if you don't have anything prepared that's okay):

Skype (if you have it; this will probably be where the main communication will be):

Email that to epicanimationtime@gmail.com

Skype is NinjaFanpire if you would like to add me, please make sure to mention where you are from.

Thanks!

I might be able to voice act, it depends on the Part/what I need to sound like.

Also I could be part of the writing/storyboard team.

One more thing, what kind of "animation" exactly? Flash? Traditional? Because for Flash I might be able to create object the animators can uses. I also could ask the Vector Community to provide PSD/SVGs of actual Characters and Props from the show.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done voices before in games, and have years of experience in modelling, level design, technical and creative writing. However, unless you need a male voice I can't be of much help, as I've only done female voices occasionally before and everything else there save perhaps creative writing is not particularly useful. As for the voice acting though, I can do F1 - D5 in singing, and F1-F4 or so in voice. I've always liked Celestia Radio because the announcer sounds like me, go figure.

Give me a buzz if you want something.