Rising to Sanity with Ponies

Centauri

Hi all,

I guess I'm the new brony here, so I'd better tell you a bit about myself.

I'm fairly new to bronyship so don't judge me. I'm into a few hobbies: I sing, play flute, recently did karate, but now do squash. I also sit on the edge of my seat eagerly awaiting the rest of Season 2 to come out and read shipping on EQD and these things known as "books".

Meanwhile, I have been characterised to fit Twilight's description, tried learning the Winter Wrap-up song (I'm pretty much there) and follow many of the EQD stories.

I was one of the later bronies in my group. It started off - for me, that is - by my friends COMMANDING me to not read cupcakes; I then asked what cupcakes was. All they said was an "MLP reference". When questioned about MLP, they told me, and I thought they were trolling me... I have since finished all 28 episodes. And read cupcakes.

So... How it started...

I was not quite sure how this came to be, but I understand that one of my friends made a bet to another that the couldn't watch four episodes of My Little Pony. The outcome? One of them lost the bet. Guess which.

Well, that's me. Don't feel any obligation to post, but go for your life if you want to. I'll reply in due course, because that's what I do.

Edited by Centauri

Hello!

How did you hear about Canterlot?

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

You'll also need to make at least 3 comments anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the board.

A good place to go if you're looking to meet a lot of new Bronies is the IRC Chat.

Welcome to Canterlot!

How did you hear about Canterlot?

Hmm... I thought I answered that...

My friends told me about Cupcakes, and when I inquired further, I found out about My Little Pony.

I read cupcakes! I don't understand what all the commotion was about though. Wasn't that bad.

Welcome to Canterlot. *twitch :mad:

Strangely, I don't believe you. No-one can come out of that and be sane.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes so far, I'm sure it'll be great.

And an IRC channel?! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!

• Like 1

I used to do Karate! I never got any further then green belt because I'm lazy and bad at committing when it comes to physical activity, haha. My dad and younger sister both reached brown 8I

As for Cupcakes (because I cant resist talking about this fic for some reason) while I can understand its fame, honestly? I was kind of disappointed. I was expecting it to be scary, creepy. It was mostly just. really gross. It probably COULD have been really scary, but the entire thing was pretty much just, graphic description. No suspense, no atmosphere- and I'll just stop there because this entire post is turning into a Cupcakes rant, haha.

Welcome to Canterlot :)

Oh my! Cupcakes. How silly!

Now Sweet Apple Massacre, THAT'S a good read ;3

Oh and I LOVE that sig! Sad Luna is so sad...

Pleasure ta meetcha, Centauri!

Imma Fawkes.

WELCOME TO THE ROYAL CITY!~

Hey Fawkes, Dapper One,

Thanks for giving me a nice warm welcome. I made the sig myself with PS, and I've made a few more for bronies on forum.canterlot.net since then.

Dapper One, I left Karate at green belt, as well. Mainly because there were too many people there who didn't take it seriously enough... well, what can you do.

Thanks everyone again for a welcoming greeting; I'm sure it'll be a great time here.

Welcome to Canterlot! Be sure to stop by Getting Started for a whole saddlebag full of goodies and useful information, including free avatars and templates! We hope you enjoy your stay and have a great time!

We've got many different things to do here, from the random chitchat and chattertalk, to out and out Roleplay! We do encourage you to explore and settle in, find your own little place here. Perhaps you draw? We have a section for art! We also have a Gallery! Do you write? We'd love to see your fanfics, stories and lore! There's a section for that! And if you're into the Roleplay, well, then you came to the right place! Compose music? We'd love to hear it!