Hidden message adressed to bronies?????

I noticed something during Lesson Zero. After the spell had worn off, Macintosh looked carefully to the left and right as if to make sure no pony was looking at him. Then he happily picked up Smartypants, and ran off. Was that some sort of message the creators were showing towards closeted bronies? Exemplifying that "Hmm, no ones looking..sweet!! Ill go watch mlp or play with their toys". What do you all think?

BTW: It was rather humourous of Mainctosh :D

• Like 2

I dont think it was a direct message to Bronies still hiding in the stables, but it is a bit of a hint that "Hey, just because other people think its childish doesnt mean you can't enjoy it."

I suppose it could be thought of as a message, but i think it was intended to be a bit broader than that...

I like to think Big Mac's now the representative of all the bronies who collect the show's toys, though I doubt the show's writers intended that. Considering these scripts were probably hammered out... what? A year ago? I don't think there's any intended symbolism.

Though it would be freakin' hilarious if Big Mac pops up with Mr. Smartypants later in the season.

• Like 1

hi hi

I dunno... If Hasbro released a Smarty Pants rag-doll, I'd probably buy it, but since that seems unlikely I don't know for sure if that was the intent. On the other hoof, even though the scripts were already written since near the beginning, I don't think the storyboards were. I can't attest to why they put it in, but it does seem to have something to do with someone liking unpopular things.

Well, my thoughts are this. I just told my dad the other day that I like love MLP FiM... Aswell as everyone else knows in my family. I still feel uncomfertable when people watch me watching MLP. Unless they are bronies, or people who can watch the show without making annoying comments while I try to watch it (Like my brothers). I mean, they can now expect it from me, but I still feel akward... I know I probably shouldn't, but I'm not yet a the stage of telling everyone I know (For reasons such as that they may look at me differently, and sometimes it's a good thing, and vise versa). I was trying to watch Lesson Zero yesterday, with my older brother behind me, and I still had to press pause and compell him not to watch it with me. I know it's not a nessicary action, I just need to work on it.

IRockZ28, boy howdy, do I know how you feel. Everypony in my family always makes fun of me for being a brony. Why can't everypony be who everypony wants to be! :wail:

If I have a reason to put it... it would be society's way of defining the perfect person. It's hard to change people mindsets. Lots of people in my area still view cartoons are for kids. I guess the only way is "Love" &"Tolerance"

On topic:

Maybe Big Mac had a crush on that doll as a little colt/foal & it brought back memories.....?

If I have a reason to put it... it would be society's way of defining the perfect person. It's hard to change people mindsets. Lots of people in my area still view cartoons are for kids. I guess the only way is "Love" &"Tolerance"

On topic:

Maybe Big Mac had a crush on that doll as a little colt/foal & it brought back memories.....?

Mac didn't know twilight, and it was her doll.

Well, my thoughts are this. I just told my dad the other day that I like love MLP FiM... Aswell as everyone else knows in my family. I still feel uncomfertable when people watch me watching MLP. Unless they are bronies, or people who can watch the show without making annoying comments while I try to watch it (Like my brothers). I mean, they can now expect it from me, but I still feel akward... I know I probably shouldn't, but I'm not yet a the stage of telling everyone I know (For reasons such as that they may look at me differently, and sometimes it's a good thing, and vise versa). I was trying to watch Lesson Zero yesterday, with my older brother behind me, and I still had to press pause and compell him not to watch it with me. I know it's not a nessicary action, I just need to work on it.

I only told my online friends and two others, one of them being my best friend. One of them laughed and didn't think much of it, and my best friend looked like he'd disown me. In an attempt at burying the awkwardness, I told him it was only for trolling. I still feel like a coward for not being outright about it.

On topic:

I don't really think it was a source of symbolism, but it was certainly an interesting thought.

IRockZ28, boy howdy, do I know how you feel. Everypony in my family always makes fun of me for being a brony. Why can't everypony be who everypony wants to be! :wail:

On topic:

I only told my online friends and two others, one of them being my best friend. One of them laughed and didn't think much of it, and my best friend looked like he'd disown me. In an attempt at burying the awkwardness, I told him it was only for trolling. I still feel like a coward for not being outright about it.

On topic:

I don't really think it was a source of symbolism, but it was certainly an interesting thought.

Thanks for your comments to this. Each of you had a good point!

Another good point... Though it does, at times, mean more when people can apreciate it outside of these forums... I'm still quite content with just the forums, don't get me wrong.