Blueberry Blossom

BlindJester

Name: Blueberry 'Midnight Dove' Blossom

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Pelt Color: Violet

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Mane and tail are Fuschia she keeps her mane and tail long enough to touch the ground, but when she flies with the shadowbolts she usually ties it back.

Eye Color: Royal Blue

Cutie Mark: A bush of berries

Physique: Lean and fit with strong wings

Origin: Cloudsdale

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Motivation: To become famously know for her great and daring flying skills or for great berries

Likes: Berries, flowers, fast pace, flying, night, wine, speed

Dislikes: Creatures who steal her berries, bugs, foals, nothing to do

Character Summary: Blueberry Blossom was an average foal she wasn't too unique got average grades and a good pair of friends, but she always never seemed to enjoy anything. Nothing could truly make her smile; try as she might to find something that could thrill her like she's seen every other pony excited about one thing or another. Blueberry found her life to be quite dull through most of her foalhood and the first few months into fillyhood until one day she passed by a bushel of fruit on a short flying trip to Nimbusgait Lake. She'd never seen this sort of fruit in Cloudsdale something about this fruit intrigued her Blueberry landed right next to the bush and picked off the ripest fruit on the bush. It was a blackberry and the flavour of it sent her heart a flutter the sweetly bitter taste made her want more, to make more, to share it all with the world!

There was only one problem sooner or later ponies will get sick of just one berry. So she searched the fields and found a few more blueberries, raspberries and such she took some of each and planted them excited for the first time in her life. Her mouth watered slightly at the thought of these seeds growing into the delicious berries she just ate. After an hour or two of hard work she tore herself away from her work and flew home eager to go back and check on it the next day. She continued checking on them for almost two months until the berries were fully grown Blueberry taste tested each berry they all tasted exactly how it did when she first tried it except it felt even sweeter because she grew them on her own. Suddenly it hits her that this is what she was meant to do, to grow berries and sell them for all to enjoy. Maybe even become famous for her home grown fruits! Turning around to fly back home she noticed something on her flank at first she thought it was a piece of dirt that got stuck to it, but upon further inspection Blueberry learned that she had earned her cutie-mark! She flew home head held high thanks to those little berries.

Once Blueberry was old enough to live a life on her own she soon moved to a nice plot of land near Whitetail woods. She heard that the soil there was rich enough to support a whole field of any sort of plant life, shortly after planting everything Blueberry was once again bored with life she loved planting berries and getting the results back, but it all took so long to do! She wondered around the nearest town Canterlot in search of something to do to pass the time. She looked everywhere for a good part time job, but nothing satisfied her feeling lost and hopeless she heard a rumour about a new team on the rise a aerial team of pegasi who do dangerous stunts for fun and money. This peaked Blueberry's interests seeing as her plants will do fine without her for a few weeks the young mare set out to find this team who were known as the ShadowBolts.

Blueberry traveled from Whitetail woods to Manehattan to Fillydelphia and then to Ponyville. All unsuccessful in hopes of finding the ShadowBolts as she got home to tend to her berries a good friend of hers informed her that the Shadowbolts were in Canterlot but only for a few more hours it was almost sundown. Excitement pulsed through her veins at such news quickly she tended to her garden then dashed off to Canterlot hoping to meet the famous team. She didn't find the Shadowbolts but she found the next best thing, their manager! Blueberry begged and pleaded for the pony to give her one shot after 5 minutes he caved and told her to show him what she's got. Immediately Blueberry shot into the air not wanting to waste time. During her trips to the other cities Blueberry worked on her flying maneuvers and tricks preparing for when she'd finally get this chance. She not only displayed her grace, but her speed and control of how she flies for her final trick she flew high into the sky her shadow caste down onto the manager in the rising moonlight she dived straight for the ground wings tucked in at her sides a few moments before she hit the Blueberry opened her wings and pulled up, but not fast enough she hitting her front hoof on the ground but didn't slow down she zigzagged between the line of trees at fast speed grazing her wings on the bark a few times, but she finished her trick and landed in front of the manger out of breath. The manager was impressed with her work even though she needs a little more fine tuning, but would be an excellent addition to the Shadowbolts. That day was one of the best days of her life, next to the day she earned her cutie-mark that is, she earned the nickname Midnight Dove and was guaranteed that she could work for the Shadowbolts and be a fruit merchant during the off seasons.

Blueberry Blossom is a laid back sort of pony she doesn't find much excitement in almost anything most think she's cold and heartless because of this. Most don't understand how she can grow such fine berries with that attitude Blueberry doesn't care about what other ponies think of her and never tries to go out of her way to please anypony. Blueberry Blossom took the starter position in the Shadowbolts because she wants to do every show she can before the harvest begins and when she leaves for home a reserve pony member takes her place.

Picture:

02504a868a7d42733f7c5cbdb325e052.png

med_gallery_312_14_81743.png

Art by me

Edited by BlindJester

Jester, my Love. Strawberry Blossom had a character called Raspberry Blossom: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/858-earth-pony-raspberry-blossom/

is this adopted from her, or is that otherwise a problem? I think she might be gone forever....

I like the app, although it looks like you may be the last full time Shadowbolt, and by full time I don't mean full time, I simply mean the last non-reserve slot may be taken by you. Unless you plan on being a Shadowbolt reserve. We've gotten a ton of Shadowbolt apps, but nobody has really specified on if they want to be reserves or main, so hopefully theyll figure out what they want to be before they get accepted.

At first I had a small issue with the pony's name, then after reading, I found her nickname "NightDove" much more fitting for her Shadowbolt ties. Although I would recommend changing her nickname to something else simply because there are a ton of Shadowbolt apps with "Night" in their name, so it would become a bit confusing, should we call each other by shortened names. I'm not forcing you to do this, it's simply a recommendation. I like the app a lot though!

~Vinyl Scratch

EDIT: Forget the second paragraph, looking at the apps again, I'm the only one with "Night" in their name, lawl @ misjudgment :)

This character reminds me of my best friend. Who is a baker and vintage dress wearer and you would expect to be all kinds of mild-mannered. Until she gets bored, and then she raises hell to degrees that is absurd, and does all kinds of reckless things that haven't gotten her seriously injured yet, but will.

For example, earlier this week we were camping and had cute handmade well-planned out breakfast that was picturesque to the point that it could have been in a prop in a J. Crew catalog....and she capped off the day by flinging off most of her clothes and jumping into fast rushing water that she could have been seriously hurt in if she had slipped and the current caught her (not to mention in serious trouble if the park ranger caught her). Just because we told her not to. And her heel had just healed from needlessly jumping out of a second story window.

No what I did was that Blueberry is a fruit merchant and a shadowbolt by nature. She does both at certain times not just one during the day and one at night and it's not a secret.

I'm just trying to find out if she's a berry farmer who gets her kicks out of being a Shadowbolt or a Shadowbolt who's secret totally mundane hobby is berry farming

from your app and responses it looks like you're trying to play it down the middle, hence my comments about a double life. I'm not saying its a problem or anything I just want to know her priorities

I'm just trying to find out if she's a berry farmer who gets her kicks out of being a Shadowbolt or a Shadowbolt who's secret totally mundane hobby is berry farming

from your app and responses it looks like you're trying to play it down the middle, hence my comments about a double life. I'm not saying its a problem or anything I just want to know her priorities

It's not a double life(Since everypony knows who she is in and out of uniform) she just happens to be a berry farmer first and a shadowbolt second. She doesn't get a kick out of being a shadowbolt it's more of her second calling, a craving for more. She has no problem about sharing her life outside of competition with the other Sbolts if asked she doesn't keep it a secret at all.

It's not a double life(Since everypony knows who she is in and out of uniform) she just happens to be a berry farmer first and a shadowbolt second. She doesn't get a kick out of being a shadowbolt it's more of her second calling, a craving for more. She has no problem about sharing her life outside of competition with the other Sbolts if asked she doesn't keep it a secret at all.

duly noted

at least she isn't as driven and ultra competitive like the rest :P

I can definitely see her as a reserve member due to her potential scheduling conflicts; reserve members still do some shows (small shows) and opening for big shows, and it would allow her more leeway to take extended breaks for harvest season. Than again she could do this as a starter too (because a reservist can take her place during harvest season), it just seems a little more nature as a reserve member (but as I say, either way is good). I would just mention somewhere if she is a starter or reserves in the app and maybe what happens in her place in the Shadowbolts when she is doing the harvest (reserve member taking over if she is a starter or example), outside of that, this is a pretty set. :)

I can definitely see her as a reserve member due to her potential scheduling conflicts; reserve members still do some shows (small shows) and opening for big shows, and it would allow her more leeway to take extended breaks for harvest season. Than again she could do this as a starter too (because a reservist can take her place during harvest season), it just seems a little more nature as a reserve member (but as I say, either way is good). I would just mention somewhere if she is a starter or reserves in the app and maybe what happens in her place in the Shadowbolts when she is doing the harvest (reserve member taking over if she is a starter or example), outside of that, this is a pretty set. :)

U-u-u-updated!