Greetings, everypony! (Or: Spare My Roommates my Ponymania)

Dunes

About myself.: Hallo! My name is Kirah, but I picked up the nickname "Dunes" somewhere along the line and I tend to roll with it. I'm a college student, majoring in studio art and art teacher education. I hail from Texas, and other than art, my hobbies are reading, comic books, video games, learning CSS/PHP/that sort of thing, and exploring the great outdoors with my dog.

How did you hear about Canterlot.com?: Someone mentioned it on a Brony meetup group and I thought I'd give it a shot.

How did you became a fan of FiM?: I thought the FiM trailer mashups were amusing and decided to see what the fuss was about.

My one favourite main cast pony?: AppleJack

^... Though Rainbow Dash is a close second.

I'm new to My Little Pony in general. Growing up, I knew it existed, but I didn't care for the shows and I preferred toys that looked like realistic animals (I had strange standards as a kid). I really have no nostalgic connection to MLP; which is why my newfound, unabashed love for FiM took me completely by surprise.

I don't remember where I saw the first trailer mashup video. I think it was probably "The Elder Scrolls VI: Equestria" that I saw first. I thought it was funny, and then forgot about it. Then I read an article on the show, and why the internet loves it, and thought, "Huh! Cool." Then I forgot about it again, until a few weeks ago when someone linked me the "My Little Serenity" video and I just thought, "Hey, what the heck? I'll watch a couple of episodes. It's supposed to be pretty good for a little girls' show."

Yyyeah. A couple of episodes turned into fourteen episodes in one night and me asking, "Whoa! When did 4 AM happen?!" I don't really understand it, or how a show about magic, candy colored ponies learning about friendship has me glued to my monitor for hours on end with a doofy grin on my face. But it does! But I've found that some of my friends are bronies, and that my actual, related-by-blood brothers are bronies, and they get it. I think I may even be converting one of my roommates. :shifty: Though I'm sure the others feel like they've heard more than enough about the whole thing by now, so I figured I oughta go somewhere and channel all these ponies in my brain.

This show has cracked my cynical, sarcastic exterior! I find myself surprised and delighted by the whole thing. PONIES. <3

So, yes! Hi. :D

Try looking into that place where you dare not look! You'll find me there, staring out at you!

I... I might like Dune too, just a little. >.>

*brohoof!* Dune is win.

*brohoof!* Dune is win.

*Brohoof!* :3 Dune is the first novel I ever sat and read, cover-to-cover, for fun. It took me fifty pages to even get the hang of reading Herbert's writing style, but I was determined and it was well worth it.

I have been known to shout "I AM THE KWISATZ HADERACH!" at the apex of roller coasters. It's highly satisfying! One day, I may even be riding with someone who knows what I'm saying. >:|

Hello!

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

A good place to go if you're looking to meet a lot of new Bronies is the IRC Chat.

Welcome to Canterlot!

Welcome to Canterlot! Be sure to stop by Getting Started for a whole saddlebag full of goodies and useful information, including free avatars and templates! We hope you enjoy your stay and have a great time!

We've got many different things to do here, from the random chitchat and chattertalk, to out and out Roleplay! We do encourage you to explore and settle in, find your own little place here. Perhaps you draw? We have a section for art! We also have a Gallery! Do you write? We'd love to see your fanfics, stories and lore! There's a section for that! And if you're into the Roleplay, well, then you came to the right place! Compose music? We'd love to hear it!