What Movie Did you Just Watch?

Tenkan

Watched the Amazing Spiderman on the plane. I'm indifferent about this reboot. The cast, story, and acting was definitely more interesting than the old one, but it didn't feel as comic book-ish. Maybe I just miss the cheesiness of the old one.

Earlier I saw "The Green Mile" and I am not watching "Lawrence of Arabia"

The Green Mile! Haven't seen it in ages, yet I still remember how powerful that movie was. As for Lawrence of Arabia, it's very slow and usually puts me to sleep. Plus, I don't really like how it romanticizes the story of a spy. :/

Alright! I have finally seen Dr. Horrible! (And I own it. Thanks, sis)

Fantastic. It really sets your imagination going. And the music is jaw-dropping.

Also, I finally saw Batman...and I could have skipped it. Worst of the three by a decent margin. Perhaps I had my expectations way too high after "the dark knight".

That bad? I admit, the story wasn't as complicated as the first or second. It did have its' "But why didn't he just do that?" moments.

That bad? I admit, the story wasn't as complicated as the first or second. It did have its' "But why didn't he just do that?" moments.

The problem was more the "did they really just do that?" moments. At one point I turned to my dad and said: "is it just me or, is this movie kinda silly?" and he agreed. I wouldn't say it was bad as much as I would say it wasn't very good.

I just saw "Hotel Transylvania". It is full of cliches and is rather predictable. However, that did not stop me from enjoying it. The clever animation, and many fresh monster jokes kept the movie moving, and there was at least one heartwarming moment.

Worth renting/streaming. One of only two movies that I can think of with no antagonists. Which is funny given that the characters are based in form off of the antagonists of many horror films.

Step Up Revolution.

Makes me want to dance since my classmates are doing dance workouts. :P

I also want to go back to Miami/Florida, my home place. Warm and sunny, unlike the Pacific Northwest, wet and cold. :/

Ben-Hur (dir. William Wyler)

A brilliant historical epic, beautifully shot with masterful story telling. I miss historical epics, I really do.

They don't make movies like they use to.

By which I mean, actors aren't generally trampled to death while filming the epic scenes now a days.

They don't make movies like they use to.

By which I mean, actors aren't generally trampled to death while filming the epic scenes now a days.

Actually, that was just a rumor. No one actually died on the filming of that scene. The infirmary was filled mostly with people with sun burn. The worst injury was a stunt double who was injured when his chariot jumped up on him and nearly sent him flying off.

The City of Life and Death.

I try to use the term 'Perfect' very loosely when describing movies, though this movie is the epitome of cinematic brilliance. Dare I say, the best movie I have ever seen in my life.

Lesson learned: Watch the movie's reviews before renting the movie.

Pathfinders: In the Company of Strangers was pretty bad, in my opinion; poor special effects, no actual storyline and barely any sense of logic.

But that's just me, it depends on you if you think it's good or not, but be warned. I don't think anyone wants to hear my movie criticism, anyway.

Watched Taken 2 after that, more action-packed, though a bit predictable. The first movie in the Taken series was better, however.

I just saw "Hop"...

E.B.: I've got a problem...I love drumming, but when my friend needed me most, I left him in a house full of highly trained ninja bunnies...what am I going to do?

David Hasselhoff: Hmmm...a dilemma as old as time itself.

It was a good movie to rent on a slow evening. Sure it had a few painful moments, but it was super cute, and the dialog was wonderful.

Hank Azaria (of "The Simpsons") does the voices of two chicks, and talks to himself in hilarious fashion. And Hugh Laurie (of "House") is the Easter Bunny. And, of course, the Hoff plays himself. Five other cameos as well

I laughed loudly on at least 3 occasions.

There is also a good bonus scene after the credits.

Ah, good to know! Hop looked like one of those movies that could be absolutely terrible (for an adult watching a kids film), or that could actually shine and be something not so terrible. Unique sounding stories are iffy like that.

Your enjoyment may depend on how high your standards are on the night that you rent it. It did poor on rotten tomatoes.

Also, the ending is poor. I felt compelled to go back and watch a handful of my favorite scenes to end on a high note.