What Movie Did you Just Watch?

Tenkan

Your enjoyment may depend on how high your standards are on the night that you rent it. It did poor on rotten tomatoes.

Also, the ending is poor. I felt compelled to go back and watch a handful of my favorite scenes to end on a high note.

Being as it is an animated feature, my standards are not unreasonably high. Would you say it did better than something like Hotel Transylvania or The Lorax? Because those were on my suck list. Though I didn't see Rise of the Guardians, I have a feeling it would make my high list, but be an ambitious comparison for something as whimsical as Hop.

Being as it is an animated feature, my standards are not unreasonably high. Would you say it did better than something like Hotel Transylvania or The Lorax? Because those were on my suck list. Though I didn't see Rise of the Guardians, I have a feeling it would make my high list, but be an ambitious comparison for something as whimsical as Hop.

Uh, Hop might not clear the Hotel Transylvania bar. It has higher highs, and lower lows. And more lows. Also, whimsy is not a defining trait of Hop. There is a bit, but the majority of the movie happens away from Easter Island, and focuses on the goals and relationships of the two main characters.

Looper. What a time traveling science fiction movie should have.

I can't stand time travel, because it always has holes. I'll make an exception for the stellar stories. but everything else gets judged harshly. The part that most irritated me about the concept for looper is that it makes no sense for the LAST kill to be yourself. The way it SHOULD work is that they send you yourself first, and if you pass the test, you get to keep going.

I can't stand time travel, because it always has holes. I'll make an exception for the stellar stories. but everything else gets judged harshly. The part that most irritated me about the concept for looper is that it makes no sense for the LAST kill to be yourself. The way it SHOULD work is that they send you yourself first, and if you pass the test, you get to keep going.

And that's the big hole of the whole story. It's most likely proposing that time travel can still be done by simply creating other "dimensions" or time lines.

At least you don't see overuse of time travel. That happens too much on other science fiction movies, and make things have less sense in them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rewatched Kill Bill, a magnificent film, more than just pointless violence and cathartic revenge. I'm not sure how many times I've seen it (a great number of times I'm sure), but I keep picking out new things every time I do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Double Indemnity (1944 dir. Billy Wilder) an amazing crime film that has basically set the standard for all film noirs.

Memories of Murder (2003 dir. Joon-ho Bong) a very suspenseful Korean crime film that showcases why Korea seems to be having a sort of film renaissance.

Witness for the Prosecution (1957 dir. Billy Wilder) just a brilliant court room drama, masterly directed by the auteur, Billy Wilder.

^^^This

Pulp Fiction just yesterday.

"Does he look like a Brony!" - Jules Winnfield

Had fun watching it for a first time. Might actually watch it again to understand it better.