Anyone know a good MKV -> Avi Converter

lordbrony

http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

I use freemake. It can convert anything. AVI, MP4, MP3, MKV... you name it. It even has specific options for converting videos for Ipod/Iphone play, Android play, PSP/PS3/XBOX playback and etc.

Did I mention its totally free?

http://www.freemake....ideo_converter/

I use freemake. It can convert anything. AVI, MP4, MP3, MKV... you name it. It even has specific options for converting videos for Ipod/Iphone play, Android play, PSP/PS3/XBOX playback and etc.

Did I mention its totally free?

do I need to pay anything to get rid of that watermark?

PS3 Video 9 (Red Kawa)

http://www.redkawa.c...ters/ps3video9/

This is the one I use. It's a good converter for videos you want to put on your PS3 or PSP. However, you don't need an actual PS3 to use the software. I always use it to turn the mkv itunes rips to avi and voila! HQ Pony episodes on my PS3. The software works slow, but is very well made and works great. Also, it's freeware!

Watermarks really show up depending on what codec you use. XVid, for example, is a big no-no. Lagarith is my stand-by. It used to be Huffy, but it's just a piece of dance now.

Uh? Mine don't show any watermarks, oh wait, I use ver. 3.2.3 it nags me about update, I say no, no ,no....

I mean, maybe only the new version does this... then on oldversion sites you can find mine.

Also I use CCCP "comunity codec pack" again maybe those codecs don't do watermark.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Change the file extension from .mkv to .avi.

Yes, it is that simple.

^This! I don't think people realize that .avi and .mkv are containers, nothing more. You can interchange them all you want. Now, the only time you need a converter is if you have a conflict with codecs (like PS3 doesn't play nice with certain codecs, or doesn't play them at all), otherwise, you can do everything through simpler softwares, from changing the size of the picture to changing the container.

What are you converting it for? Depending on the device it might be easier to use either a live streamer like PMS or add a new program like DICE player... I know I've seen MKVs take hours to convert to other formats...

What are you converting it for? Depending on the device it might be easier to use either a live streamer like PMS or add a new program like DICE player... I know I've seen MKVs take hours to convert to other formats...

more to keep than anything else; I just like the flexibility of avi

also converting time is not a problem