Season 3 confirmed

By Tara Strong, voice of Twilight.

Capture.JPG

Fantastic news if I do say so myself. I hope all voice actors return: If I recall correctly Ashleigh Ball's group canceled a tour because of throat damage recently. I hope she will still be back to voice RD and AJ.

EDIT: Some more information. Not sure how to feel about these.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The biggest concern right now is only 13 episodes got green lit. Not sure how it works over there, but I do hope we get a 26-episode season again.

I thought I remembered one of the voice actors mentioning season 3 in an earlier interview. I think it was Nicole Oliver.

Anyway, I"m not at all surprised there's going to be a third season.

I am certainly delighted though. :D

And I hadn't heard about Ashleigh Ball. That sucks. She is needed. Her Dash and AJ are perfect.

Its sound like the people who work on this show are pretty passionate about it. Almost like if they were out of contract with the production team, they would say, "No, please! Just one more episode..."

I'm a little concerned about the "ugly" leaving of Lauren and Rob. Not specifically because I don't think the show can survive without them, but because it suggests that the show is being taken in a direction that they substantially disagreed with. It's only a possibility, but it's cause for concern.

A confirmed Season 3 is great, but I do hope the producers are able to end the show on a fitting note rather than let it peter out. There are so many things that could be done in a good final episode (such as mane characters achieving their goals outside Ponyville, and the Crusaders getting their cutie marks) that can't be done while there are more episodes looming. A final lesson about accepting when friends have to move on with their lives, while still staying friends, could be amazingly good if written well.

Still, hooray! Season 3!

I hope Hasbro and the Hub realize the 'gold mine' they found here in MLP FiM.

But all 'fads' end eventually. Maybe this is why there's only 13 eps ordered for Season 3 (so far).

Let's hope this sensation doesn't end soon...

:D:D:D:D

13 episodes could mean they are only trying to reach broadcast syndication.

On the other hoof, it could also mean that they are testing the waters since many of the writers left along with Lauren and Rob.

Also, even if the show ends at S3, there can still be animated movies made from it anyway.

G3 had 12 Direct-to-TV adaptations, if I recall.

13 episodes could mean they are only trying to reach broadcast syndication.

On the other hoof, it could also mean that they are testing the waters since many of the writers left along with Lauren and Rob.

I'm hoping it's that, rather than anything more... "the show gets cancelled"-ish. Isn't My Little Pony one of Hasbro's biggest moneymakers at the moment? I can't imagine they'd want to put the cash cow out to pasture while it's still earning.

I don't think a 13 episode season is too much to worry about. Or at least I'll choose to remain optimistic about it. They're probably just being more cautious about production.

I mean, to some the MLP thing probably looks like a fad. I can't blame them for not wanting to throw a bunch of money into producing new episodes when they really don't know how much of the enthusiasm will have waned for the show a year from now.

hi hi

It boggles my mind to think what is going on over there in HUB land, its like black is white, up is down and I'm stuck with the room next to the noisy ice machine for all eternity. I've got high hopes either way, I mean the show has already evoked a whole lot of great work from people who aren't even connected to the show, so I don't doubt that it could continue to be awesome even without the original team. As for what is actually going to happen... I guess we'll see when we get there.

hi hi

It boggles my mind to think what is going on over there in HUB land, its like black is white, up is down and I'm stuck with the room next to the noisy ice machine for all eternity. I've got high hopes either way, I mean the show has already evoked a whole lot of great work from people who aren't even connected to the show, so I don't doubt that it could continue to be awesome even without the original team. As for what is actually going to happen... I guess we'll see when we get there.

Off topic. But did you just quote Weird Al?

Are those screen shots from the writers' phones?

How could you even get that?

I'm not sure. But I bet a fancy shmancy owner of an iPhone would be able to tell us 'how simple' it is.

hi hi

Perhaps someone who worked on the show sent the screenshots to someone else and the spread out from there? I dunno, I'd like to make assumptions about what is going on, but there really isn't much to go on. Perhaps their success in MLP has caused other companies to offer them ridiculous sums of money for their expertise? Who knows? ((Other than The Shadow, obviously.))

Also: yes Kirby, I did. :)