IMPORTANT! Regarding New Prefix Tags

Skye

Hi there!

Some of you may have noticed, there's been splashes of new color on the board! We've implemented a new Prefix Tags system as part of an upgrade to better improve the look and functionality of the board. Now you can select a prefix tag (Most notably for Applications, but there's others out there for different purposes) when you make a new post. For applications, this means it makes it easier and prettier to categorize your application. For other posts, it means it'll make them easier to find.

However, during the course of upgrading applications with the new prefix tags, I have found that some of you have had bad or damaged links in your applications. Some of these have had to be removed as a result, which means that some of your applications that had pictures in them no longer have pictures. I've tried to repair the ones I could fix, but others simply have had the links removed. Any links that pointed to images in the gallery will definitely need to be fixed, because there seems to be a gallery bug that actually just shows a random image. You'll need to actually link to the image itself (Right click on it, and click Copy Link Location for Firefox or its equivalent in Chrome or Internet Explorer) and use that instead of the topic link. Better yet, save it and upload it as an attachment!

Hopefully the new Prefix Tags will help keep everything neat and orderly. I'd urge all of you to go into any past posts you can remember and update the tags though I know that'd be asking you do to a lot of work. I've already been working on Approved Applications, and all new Applications will have these fixed as they are sent through. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, or PM a member of the staff!

Some of the prefix tags don't work. When I started a new RP I was looking for the checkbox to make the first tag the prefix but it didn't appear. Oh wait nevermind. So these tags only work on the applications for now right?

Ok. I have a comment/question. I'm not really sure what changes were made recently. I'm not that observant unfortunately. But what I did notice is that I was unable to label my topics with prefix tabs if I tried to edit the ones that I forgot to add one. I'm not sure if this was part of the update, or if prefixes have always been only able to be added when you make your OP. Either way, I was wondering if prefix tabs could be changed and edited, or if whatever tab it's labeled with its stuck with that forever.

Ok. I have a comment/question. I'm not really sure what changes were made recently. I'm not that observant unfortunately. But what I did notice is that I was unable to label my topics with prefix tabs if I tried to edit the ones that I forgot to add one. I'm not sure if this was part of the update, or if prefixes have always been only able to be added when you make your OP. Either way, I was wondering if prefix tabs could be changed and edited, or if whatever tab it's labeled with its stuck with that forever.

Did you try through the full editor? You cannot change them in the normal edit mode, you have to go into the full editor to change tags.

Did you try through the full editor? You cannot change them in the normal edit mode, you have to go into the full editor to change tags.

Yes. There is no checkbox or dropdown when using the full editor of an original post. I can add tabs, but I can't assign one a prefix.

Yes. There is no checkbox or dropdown when using the full editor of an original post. I can add tabs, but I can't assign one a prefix.

Ahh I understand now. Just checked some of the thread I started, including ones were it is the only post, and I cannot assign a prefix tag to an already created post either, so it looks that you are correct; we can add tags but not make one a prefix if we go back to edit an already created post.

Because of the update to the topic tags system, the checkbox is no longer present. We're looking into having it restored. However, if a forum needs commonly selectable prefix tags in the dropdown box, please let us know where and which tags we need to add. In this way we're hoping to prettify, standardize and streamline the site. From what I understand, it's supposed to help make them more searchable, too. For example, with the applications, by having the selected tags, we eliminate typos in the prefix tags so it makes it easier and more universal to categorize and search for specific applications.

• 2 weeks later...