Ponyville Minecraft server

Starburst

So, I just might make an appearance tomorrow if I can.

Username's the same as my forum name. In case I haven't told everyone everywhere yet, my name for everything is korok132.

Also, the picture of the filly flying in front of the fan for the rules is just adorable.

Minecraft Contest time!

So here's the deal. I happen to have one heavily enchanted diamond sword, and Ponyville at the moment needs more buildings, as it seems quite empty.

The person who builds the most impressive structure wins 1x Heavily Enchanted ( Level 50 ) Diamond sword, as well as the gratitude of the ponies who frequent the server.

Judging will be done by myself, based upon criteria I will loosely outline below.

• Buildings must fit the theme. ( Ponyville Construction, Non-canon buildings )
  • Structures must be built of primarily wood, glass, or colored wool.
  • Materials must be gathered by yourself. ( No outside materials can be used. )
  • Buildings for the contest must be marked with a block of red wool ontop of a post outside the building with a sign on it, showing your forum name and minecraft name.
    • This means only Canterlot registered users can apply for the contest.

[*]Buildings must contain furnishings of some sort. Redstone use is optional, but encouraged.

The Prize

2012-01-21_020459.png

• Diamond Sword
    • Sharpness IV
    • Fire-Aspect II
    • Knockback II

Beyond that, anything goes. Don't hesitate to build something really impressive to wow me. The best structure wins. Good luck everypony!

Welcome back 'Blitz' you missed the fun of Pinkie explaining to Dash how it's 'not cool' to have 500 cows in a 20x20 pen! lol ("a pet is cool, so more pets are more cool!")

If we're consistently full when I have it at 8, I'll raise it up to 10.

It kinda amazes me since when I first joined we had what 3 people max at once? Now we're saying 8 could be common? Not that I'm not happy to see it grow, just amazing how fast it's growing!

Welp, as expected, I cant log in anymore...

I guess this means Rainbow Dash and Spitfire are avalible again

If blitz logs in again in the next few days (I doubt he will) tell him I unlocked all the chests, including my vault and it's all his now.

If blitz doesnt show up, give it all to Jim

If jim doesnt want it (I seem to recall him saying something about not wanting freebies) give it ti vinyl/Lychan

Whoever gets it, PM me and I'll tell you how to get to the vault where all my diamonds and such are stored.

Been great playing with you all!

And remember, Hoarding = Bans! Dont try to collect more than 1 stack of anything!

As far as I'm aware, Ashton, no one's been banned for anything, yet. The only 'hoarding' we're really concerned about is either using a glitch or a mod to dupe items or create materials from nothing, or when you raid public chests and take most of the contents within.

However, we have had some problems.

ADMIN NEWS REPORT

I am sad to report that we have been hit by our first griefer. Yesterday we discovered a massive chasm blasted away under half of Ponyville reaching all the way down to bedrock, along with a public chest full of over a thousand blocks of TNT still waiting to be used. We had to roll back the server in order to undo the griefing. We do not know, at this point, who did this, though we have suspicions and will be keeping our eyes open.

In addition, Starburst has installed the 'Big Brother' mod, so that in the future we will be able to tell *exactly* who has been griefing, and pass out the bans accordingly.

This is very sad, to me. We have been operating for months without any griefing, and I have been proud of us ponies. Sadly, in the past week, our server has been made public on brohoof.com, and with that new surge of ponies wanting in seems to have come a griefer. Well, now we have to put up our defenses. And so we shall. If anyone is affected by the rollback, please let the admins know (barbariccius, brianblackberry, and noirdes) and we will try to help you out in any way we can.

And to the griefer: Please stop. It's just an annoyance, but it is sad when we have to spend the time to undo your damage.

Welp, as expected, I cant log in anymore...

I guess this means Rainbow Dash and Spitfire are avalible again

If blitz logs in again in the next few days (I doubt he will) tell him I unlocked all the chests, including my vault and it's all his now.

If blitz doesnt show up, give it all to Jim

If jim doesnt want it (I seem to recall him saying something about not wanting freebies) give it ti vinyl/Lychan

Whoever gets it, PM me and I'll tell you how to get to the vault where all my diamonds and such are stored.

Been great playing with you all!

And remember, Hoarding = Bans! Dont try to collect more than 1 stack of anything!

Do you know for sure you are banned, or that you just couldn't get in because the server was unavailable? The latter has happened to me a few times for whatever reason, it certainly didn't mean banned. What did the game say to you when you couldn't get in. I wager it was a communication error.

A ton of us hold multiple stacks of a lot of things. I had at once point a large chest full of brick just so I could build that barn, then a chest full of wool because people needed it and I had sheep (which regrew wool in 1.1); I know people with chests loaded from their adventures and I think you are assuming things.

Minecraft Name: Slub77

Hello there, I would like to request a position on the server. I am not a griefeer, from the Minecraft link in my signature it will take you to my Planet minecraft account, if you would like to do a background check on me just take a look at my posts and what ot, I am sure you will find me to be a trust worthy pony.

In terms of what I can do, well pretty much anything I set to. I have a good knowledge of redstone, including all the gates. I would be more then happy to assist someone who needs a helping hove.

Just so everyone knows -

Someone released some lava behind Canterlot, today, doing some damage to Danton_Damark's place. We found out who it was, undid the damage, and banned the person who had released the lava.

If the banned individual wishes to plead their case, all they have to do is come here to this thread and do so.

Um ...

The railroad from Canterlot to Ponyville is very well-built and nicely designed ... and I do not want to discourage such projects. It's a beautiful piece of work, and thank you very much for the initiative.

But it goes right through the Froggybottom Natural Preserve... going right past two signs saying 'Don't build here' and right *OVER* a third sign, clear-cutting a route through the trees that used to be there...

I went ahead and re-routed it around the Froggybottom, I hope you do not mind. I kept your design work.

I went ahead and re-routed it around the Froggybottom, I hope you do not mind. I kept your design work.

I do not mind (being the one who took the time to gather all the materials legitamitely and spend 6 hours building it).

As long as it works, as in it still transfers ponies at the optimal speed I had layed it out for.

I actually only built it through Froggybottom because that was where Jim (Forgot his Canterlot name :blush: ) originally started it in that direction. (Part of the remaining tracks of his were in that area)

-------------

In other news, those who were around at ~1:00 AM EST may recall my idea for my contest entry.

So if anypony wants to give me some matterials, I could use the following:

• 10 Stacks of Dirt
  • At least 5 stacks of Cyan Wool (Light Blue)
  • Several Stacks of Tree Saplings
  • A lot of wood (Birch, Hardword or Normal; not Planks)
  • A lot of Jack-o-laterns & Glowstone Blocks
  • And a Diamond Pick + Shovel incase my Enchanted Diamond Pick dies

Things I already have:

• Buckets for Water & Fire Resistance Potions for pesky Lava
  • Armor - For Pesky Mobs
  • Enchanted Diamond Pick
  • A few stacks of dirt

Help with the project would be appreciated, but is not required. Also, I am doing this; Contest or No Contest.

Any questions?