Ponyville Minecraft server

Starburst

Not sure if I should be saying this or not here but- there's a little glitch that's really starting to bother me.

Upon teleporting to someones home, I sometimes glitch into the floor and die by "Suffocating in the wall"

This is the fifth time today this has happened to me- (most of the times I can save myself by quickly typing it again), and the second I've died from it.

After dying, I lose all my gear, and going back to the spot where I died, even digging that area of ground up is useless-

I've lost Full Diamond Armor (again), A Diamond Pick, Sword, and Shovel, a half stack of Lapis Lazuli blocks, 1 Gold Block, and a fair amount of less valuable items-

Not sure if this is something we can fix, but just throwing it out there.

The only thing I can really do is reimburse your items and disable the Myhome plugin until an update is released on it. Who's home are you teleporting to that's causing this?

The only thing I can really do is reimburse your items and disable the Myhome plugin until an update is released on it. Who's home are you teleporting to that's causing this?

Most of the time mine, this last one was to Wolfey180's, with the same problem-

Fleur's /home also gives me the same issue, but where it is set has a tall empty room underneath it, which, I usually end up in- my guess is that whatever this is cause the player to teleport 3-4 blocks under the /home spot, rather than the spot itself.

Im going to solve the problem in my own home by making the spawn point in mid air

The problem is present due to Minecraft itself and it's chunk rendering.

I have experienced this problem several times and think I have narrowed down a few "causes and fixes".

It seems it is caused by "bad chunks" which will not render if you move to the location too fast. This will cause you to never load the chunk and thus cannot move and such. As for the suffocation thing, there are 2 possibilities. The first is that the teleporting location is only 2 or 3 blocks high of space. The Teleporting takes you ~ 1/2 blocks above the location, to prevent getting stuck in the ground. It could also be that the location you are teleporting to has been replaced with blocks (unless the mod moves you if that is so...)

TL:DR? Here are the fixes

• Move within rendering range of chunk. Kinda eliminates the necessity of a Teleport (Unless it is underground)
  • Have the Teleport location moved to a new chunk
  • Right-click blocks near the edge of the chunk (in another chunk, only works if you are close enough)
    • Right clicking the block (with anything; another block, bare hands[recommended]) will cause the adjacent block to render, allowing you to create a bridge to your "stuck" location"

Anything else I can help with?

I also had this problem, except it went from 'suffocating' to just 'stuck' because the chunk simply did not load (unless I logged out and back in), I moved my /home to another chunk and it's fine but if I try to place it in my main room, the chunk fails to load on /home

Oh what great unlucky luck this is.

Today I warped to Wolfey's house again, (the same place I was upon losing all my stuff) and the glitch happened again, which I got out of quickly going back /home

I dont know how- but I have all my stuff again o3o, as if the glitch brought me back to them.

*happyponyishappy*

Oh what great unlucky luck this is.

Today I warped to Wolfey's house again, (the same place I was upon losing all my stuff) and the glitch happened again, which I got out of quickly going back /home

I dont know how- but I have all my stuff again o3o, as if the glitch brought me back to them.

*happyponyishappy*

Well, you teleported to where you died. And since the server had not reset since, your items were still there

However, I now recall another strange, teleport /home related death. I teleported but Minecraft read the "unrendered" chunk as "rendered" and I fell into the gap. My brother saw me (it was to his home) and said I "fell through the floor".

I haven't experienced this since then, but still.

However, I now recall another strange, teleport /home related death. I teleported but Minecraft read the "unrendered" chunk as "rendered" and I fell into the gap. My brother saw me (it was to his home) and said I "fell through the floor".

I haven't experienced this since then, but still.

I get this quite often when I log in but it's usually just the block or so I'm standing on so I end up 'falling' for 1 black then reappearing atop it, then repeating. Moving doesn't help, only way to get out of the 'one-block-fall' is to fly or jump (and sometimes jumping doesn't work) I dont recall if I was flying when I logged out, that could be the whole cause of mine (I fly like 90% of the time (Dash: Well flying *IS* My life, ya know!)) I'll try to pay attention to see if it might help solve part of the issue

Today I found something a bit out of place- this is not a serious problem but I do want to bring it up just so anyone can keep an eye out.

I logged on minecraft and found a number of creeper holes across my desert. It's not much of a problem at all, no real harm was done- It was more or less just an annoyance, I had just filled in all holes around the section of desert I'm reffering to, and now have to do it again.

I have not walked in the desert since I last cleaned it with the exception of tending my cactus farm (the holes being on the other half) so it had to have been someone else in the area. Danton gave the theory it could have been someone "training" or XP farming. I don't really have a problem with this, but it is a bit annoying the first thing I see after logging in is random holes in a spot I just cleaned up.

Please let's not let this become a future problem.

Hmm, perhaps I'll download it soon and join in, to check what your creativity came up with :)

Anyway, if I was about to appear, take in mind that my nick will sound: Volteer.

Curiosity is an evil thing.

Hmm, perhaps I'll download it soon and join in, to check what your creativity came up with :)

Anyway, if I was about to appear, take in mind that my nick will sound: Volteer.

Curiosity is an evil thing.

You're gonna need a tour guide... Unless you don't mind getting lost for hours on end...

You're gonna need a tour guide... Unless you don't mind getting lost for hours on end...

Oh, not at all. I always was a lone hunter. As long as I can walk the streets without interrupting, you wouldn't even notice me. And, well, I've explored whole Morrowind, Cyrodiil and most part of Skyrim by foot. So I guess I have patience to check it out on my own ;D

As long as there are at least a few signs saying where's what, heh.

I logged on minecraft and found a number of creeper holes across my desert.

(...)

You all need to define your territory better. the general rule i normally see is "5 blocks past the outermost structure" the rest is wilderness (and you all wonder why i build so far away, everyone has such huge nebulous claims!)

Today I found something a bit out of place- this is not a serious problem but I do want to bring it up just so anyone can keep an eye out.

I logged on minecraft and found a number of creeper holes across my desert. It's not much of a problem at all, no real harm was done- It was more or less just an annoyance, I had just filled in all holes around the section of desert I'm reffering to, and now have to do it again.

I have not walked in the desert since I last cleaned it with the exception of tending my cactus farm (the holes being on the other half) so it had to have been someone else in the area. Danton gave the theory it could have been someone "training" or XP farming. I don't really have a problem with this, but it is a bit annoying the first thing I see after logging in is random holes in a spot I just cleaned up.

This is very frustrating indeed - especially since players are supposed to fix *all* the creeper holes they cause, whether it's in someone's territory or not.

You all need to define your territory better. the general rule i normally see is "5 blocks past the outermost structure" the rest is wilderness (and you all wonder why i build so far away, everyone has such huge nebulous claims!)

Well, this would certainly explain why people build so close together, and don't leave yards or open areas ...

But no, that shouldn't matter. If you cause a creeper hole, you fix it. If you cause creeper damage, you fix it - even if it's just to empty desert.

Well, this would certainly explain why people build so close together, and don't leave yards or open areas ...

There's a difference between having 'space' and claiming a whole biome for yourself, as I remember at least 1 member did...

If no one has built near you, like Cuddleshy's home is, I think it would make sense that all you can see is "potentially" there's. Though that does NOT excuse not fixing Creeper divots or using someones property. :twisted:

That being said, I'd like to remind everypony that the forest in Southern Ponyville (Next to the track to Appleloosa) did not exist until I came around.

Edit: Also, Zombies have been spawning in the Train House Building thing. I put some torches in there, but they don't look that nice...