Ponyville Minecraft server

Starburst

I'm putting this here for when the OP gets around to updating the original post:

CANON CHARACTERS:

AshtonDurkhun - Rainbow Dash

BrianBlackBerry - Pinkie Pie

PizzaPizza - Twilight Sparkle

??? - Fluttershy (sorry dont remember who it was, I only saw them for like 10 min)

"famous" Fanon characters:

Darkhaxxor - Rainbow Blitz

If I missed somone it means I havn't seen you, post and I'll edit the list (I'll keep this list running till the OP gets it added to the first post)

Just letting everyone know, Starburst was banned from this site, so untill she gets s/he gets the ban resolved or we can delegate somone more responcible than myself to make and update a new thread, I'll be posting updated memberlists/announcements here when somone joins, since I was maintaining the Canon character list,

Just letting everyone know, Starburst was banned from this site, so untill she gets s/he gets the ban resolved or we can delegate somone more responcible than myself to make and update a new thread, I'll be posting updated memberlists/announcements here when somone joins, since I was maintaining the Canon character list,

As far as I can determine, Starburst in not banned from the site. O_o

As far as I can determine, Starburst in not banned from the site. O_o

That's odd, I just saw her in Minecraft and she said Artax banned her...?

That's odd, I just saw her in Minecraft and she said Artax banned her...?

Alright, I be updated on the situation, everything relevant for her has been sent to her (via PM I assume). Any questions she may have she can ask me via Minecraft.

Alright, I be updated on the situation, everything relevant for her has been sent to her (via PM I assume). Any questions she may have she can ask me via Minecraft.

Is it safe to assume that you will be in charge of modifying the front page to this topic, in the event that it would need changing, at this time?

Is it safe to assume that you will be in charge of modifying the front page to this topic, in the event that it would need changing, at this time?

Woot! Already we've delegated somone else! *hands brian the 'canon characters' list (1 page back and like 4 posts up)* Have fun! :D

I can modify the front page to this topic until Star returns. Just list in response what you all needed changed or added.

I'm putting this here for when the OP gets around to updating the original post:

CANON CHARACTERS:

AshtonDurkhun - Rainbow Dash

BrianBlackBerry - Pinkie Pie

PizzaPizza - Twilight Sparkle

??? - Fluttershy (sorry dont remember who it was, I only saw them for like 10 min)

"famous" Fanon characters:

Darkhaxxor - Rainbow Blitz

If I missed somone it means I havn't seen you, post and I'll edit the list (I'll keep this list running till the OP gets it added to the first post)

...Huh? Do we have to call dibs on skins or something? I'm Lyra on there.

By the way, I just haven't had the time for Minecraft lately, so I'm afraid that stadium I was gonna build will take a while longer. Sorry guys, I'll let you know when I'm more active.

...Huh? Do we have to call dibs on skins or something? I'm Lyra on there.

By the way, I just haven't had the time for Minecraft lately, so I'm afraid that stadium I was gonna build will take a while longer. Sorry guys, I'll let you know when I'm more active.

Yes, if you want a canon pony you have to call it first, we already've had a few disagreements on here (though they were solved quickly with no hard feelings) so you need to 'claim' your canon pony if you want to use that skin. (and likewise if your playing a canon and quit the server, let everyone know so they can make the pony available again)

The area outside of Canterlot had suffered from extensive Creeper damage. Chonico, Ashton, and I managed to repair it all. As far as I know, everything is back the way it should be looking, the only exception is the subway entrance (I think its supposed to be a subway). I did my best with that, rebuilding the entrance, putting up doors, and most of the glass but I am not sure I got it right.

Updated the original post also to the best of my knowledge.

Main post has been updated with current donation status. Anypony is free to get on the server at anytime. Since Its gotten a bit.. empty, I've emptied out the whitelist. No reserved slots for anypony.

How many can be on at once?

Hi I was just curious if I could use Rarity as my minecraft skin in the server if its not already taken?

ooo, we could use a Rarity! As of right now, no she's not taken :)

ooo, we could use a Rarity! As of right now, no she's not taken :)

Ooh awesome! I would love to play as Rarity, you would have to excuse my weird minecraft name though, made it quite awhile ago when I was frequenting a completely unrelated to ponies forum and used my forum name at the time. Still hoping they make a name change for the game soon!

Hey there! This thread was recently brought to my attention, and its really cool and I admire how much work has gone into it! However, there are a few concerns that I have to ask you must be clearly addressed asap!

1.) This minecraft server is a great idea, but it is a fan-based project by users of the board, and is in no way officially affiliated with canterlot.com, or its staff. We have not been asked to endorse, nor given any permission for the use of our name and likeness, affiliation or reference to the site Canterlot.com. We are in no way involved in the project, and cannot be expected to resolve issues, inquiries, or held liable in any way towards this fan-based project. I certainly dont mind fans of the site getting together to build and create something fun on minecraft, but its very important that it be clear to everyone on every front that the minecraft server is not an official part of our website, nor are its members staff of our site. A disclaimer to this nature needs to be clearly present in the first post of this thread, and anywhere else this appears, as to eliminate any chance of misunderstanding.

2.) The other concern is a global board policy about donations and soliciting- it is not acceptable for any group to advertise, solicit, or directly link to requests for donations or trafficking tools (Add us, Join us, Facebook us, Twitter us, etc). This implies endorsement from our site for unrelated 3rd party activities, and I am not comfortable hosting links on the forum asking for monetary support for causes I will not be able to research, follow, or take responsibility for. I fully encourage you to advertise and provide links to your donation pages from your landing site or the server itself, but please do not advertise or link directly to them from our forum. Once again, when asking for donations, if you are making reference to our site or using our name in any way, you must make it clear that your project is not officially affiliated with our site. I am going to go ahead and remove the problematic donation information in the original post now- I will save the information I am deleting temporarily incase it is information you need and have not saved elsewhere. I will only save this information for 72 hours- so please PM me if you need it before then.

sorry if I'm being a party pooper- but it is very important that we at canterlot not be held liable for things we are not involved in- and that our name or our board not be used in any manner to solicit and advertise for funds to a cause separate of ours. I trust completely that you will recognize the reasons I ask for these conditions and respect our efforts here at Canterlot by helping to clear any confusion that might lead to liability.

I hope that your minecraft server does well, and that I will be able to come in and enjoy it with you all at some point! I think its a great idea, the thread just needs a little make-over to better protect us and educate users. Once again, I greatly appreciate your understanding and cooperation in fixing this! :)

Lesson Learned today:

Don't get too greedy.

Found a mineshaft way out int he wilderness (not sure how far, 2-3 game days or more), filled up on about everything after a couple hours and about to leave, try to pick up one more item and killed by a zombie. Goodbye diamond sword, axe, hoe, enchanted shovel, diamond pickaxe, 60 arrows, my bow, a dozen blocks of iron, a whole lot of clay, coal, map, clock, compass, feathers, my leather... Everything. LOL.. Such a massive blow it'll keep me off the game for many days as I don't know how to recover.

That is the lesson, don't get greedy, or if you do, have someone with you. :P

*sigh*

Goodbye diamond sword, axe, hoe, enchanted shovel, diamond pickaxe, 60 arrows, my bow, a dozen blocks of iron, a whole lot of clay, coal, map, clock, compass, feathers, my leather... Everything. LOL.. Such a massive blow it'll keep me off the game for many days as I don't know how to recover.

Pfft, If you need your equipment replaced just ask! I have plenty diamonds for pinkie ;) and oh sweet celestia, I have TONS of redstone and gold to make a new compass for you... in fact the only things I cant help you with are the arrows and feathers (I'm constantly running out of those myself) and the clay (though there is plenty clay near my cave so I wouldn't mind helping mine more for you.

Lesson Learned today:

Don't get too greedy.

Found a mineshaft way out int he wilderness (not sure how far, 2-3 game days or more), filled up on about everything after a couple hours and about to leave, try to pick up one more item and killed by a zombie. Goodbye diamond sword, axe, hoe, enchanted shovel, diamond pickaxe, 60 arrows, my bow, a dozen blocks of iron, a whole lot of clay, coal, map, clock, compass, feathers, my leather... Everything. LOL.. Such a massive blow it'll keep me off the game for many days as I don't know how to recover.

That is the lesson, don't get greedy, or if you do, have someone with you. :P

*sigh*

Should write to Celestia about that one. That's a good lesson to learn. :b