Good morning, good afternoon, or good evening.

Trilobite

About myself.: A simple man and fan of good food, good friends, and good stories.

How did you hear about Canterlot.com?: From the most excellent Bronyville podcast!

How did you became a fan of FiM?: A fellow posted about in on forum I frequent, and I checked it out. Hooked after the second episode.

My one favourite main cast pony?: Twilight Sparkle

I am an inveterate roleplayer, champion procrastinator (tri-state procrastination championship 1997-1999), voracious reader, and am equipped with a brain that's more a repository for trivia than an organ of cognition.

I dig the show because it's well put-together by people who love it, and you can see this not just in the visuals, but in the sound production, and, even more importantly for me, in the feeling that there is a whole world and entire characters in it, with the stories flowing out of those two facts. That's hard enough to do when writing, and for a television series, with all the pressures and influences the creators are subject to, I imagine it's darn near impossible.

It's because of that intriguing world and those well-told stories that I'm here: I want to see more of the world and help make some stories myself that I and other players will be able to talk about fondly long after they've been completed.

I see a little note here suggesting talking about passions. I am a simple man (part and parcel of having a dim intellect) and my passions are for simple things: peace, good food, sleep, conversation, interesting ideas and hot running water.

As part of what I suppose is a passion for roleplaying, I'm part of a very modest podcast called Porcelain Llama Theater, which presents actual play sessions of different games. Don't worry, I won't podcast anything from here! Well, it might be mentioned during normal talk on the show, but that'd be about it. Have no fear.

I'm also a fur--what can I say? I dig on some of the art, and I liked the community back in the day. I trust you're all smart enough not to buy into the nonsense that's floating around about furs, or assume that an aspect of a thing is the thing in total. Love and tolerate. I mention it up front out of courtesy, and if I'm not welcome, let me know and I'll be happy to move on, and good luck to you all.

Hope everyone (everypony?) is doing well. Stop by here and say hi! I'm off to do the same at a few other introductions.

Edited by Trilobite

Hey!

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot.com. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

There's hopefully something for everypony around here! If you're looking to meet new Bronies, a good place to do that is the Chat Room & live roleplay. The Creativity section is the place for artists, musicians, and writers! Oh, and what kind of forum would this be without the MLP Discussion area, hmm?

If you're looking to Roleplay, check the Canterlot RP Rules and the Applicaton Form. Unless you're going for the FiM Free-For-All section, then you don't need either of those things! :D But if you're going for Equestria Crossovers RP, you just need the Application Form, then you can make your crazy cool pony! The Equestria Mane RP, which is a really cool Roleplay area, requires you to read both the Canterlot RP Rules and the Applicaton Form.

Wow, that's a lot of links! :o Feel free to explore the site yourself at your own pace, and let myself or one of the other staff know if you have any questions.

Welcome to Canterlot!

Thanks for putting all that together in one place, not to mention all the other work you and other mods have to do to keep this place looking as smart as it does.

Isn't that the truth? Aesthetics are important to me. The look of this place is quite appealing.

• Like 1

Weesh, gotta agree with you. Top to bottom, this place looks nice, is easy to use (even for me) and has a good tenor. That's a rare darn thing, and it ain't easy to do. That's why I'm here.

Also, totally gotta agree with your sig. X chromone or Y, it doesn't matter--it's about trying to be a better human being.

Will, thanks for the tip. The IRC is indeed active and fun! And Will looks like he'd be interesting to meet, just from the personality projected by his expression and the way his name is done in your signature.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...