Who is best pony? Mane6!

SkyMunki

Best Mane Cast Pony...  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who is best pony?

But...I...just...can't...get...past...applebucking.

Pinkie Sense is more logical.

Really? You are going to slam your hooves into a tree without damaging it, or even the leaves, but every single apple is going to fall precisely into prearranged buckets without bruising the fruit? And it is really hard to forget it when you see it at the start of every episode. I just can't give her a fair judgement because she is a walking reminder of applebucking.

Earth pony magic! No, seriously. All of the ponies have some magic of their own. Unicorns can harness it, Pegasi can walk on and move clouds and control the weather, and Earth ponies are naturally good at farming and understanding animals, along with other things to do with the earth/ground. Faust may have even spoken on this, though I can't recall at the moment.

Af for your apple bucking comments, it never seemed all that odd to me. I mean, it's not realistic, but where is the FIM world ever particularly realistic? And with the latest episode confirming that the magic of earth ponies is in growing and harvesting food, apple bucking probably taps into some kind of magic to work as it does, which makes it even more reasonable to me.

^ Also this.

Earth pony magic! No, seriously. All of the ponies have some magic of their own. Unicorns can harness it, Pegasi can walk on and move clouds and control the weather, and Earth ponies are naturally good at farming and understanding animals, along with other things to do with the earth/ground. Faust may have even spoken on this, though I can't recall at the moment.

Af for your apple bucking comments, it never seemed all that odd to me. I mean, it's not realistic, but where is the FIM world ever particularly realistic? And with the latest episode confirming that the magic of earth ponies is in growing and harvesting food, apple bucking probably taps into some kind of magic to work as it does, which makes it even more reasonable to me.

That....

Actually helps a little bit. It is awfully lame, but it is way better than trying to logically piece the thing together.

I am an engineer! What else would I use to analyze the minutia of a cartoon about ponies?

I hereby christen thee 'Spock'! *smacks you on the head with a champagne bottle* hummm... it didnt break, so what was that loud CRACK sound? O_o (lol)

On that note, I just realized that by showing the airship christening, alcohol is now canon...

I disagree that just letting her friends walk all over her somehow makes Fluttershy a better friend. Rarity brings Fluttershy to the spa because she's trying to share something that she enjoys with her. Fluttershy pretending to enjoy it for Rarity's sake is just another example of the comminication problems that were central to that episode.

Likewise, Fluttershy is quiet, but being a good listener is more than just staying quiet, you have to actually prompt people to keep talking. Fluttershy only really shines when she gets excited about something and her actual personality comes through, something which has only really happened maybe 5 times total over the course of the show.

• Like 1

I hereby christen thee 'Spock'! *smacks you on the head with a champagne bottle* hummm... it didnt break, so what was that loud CRACK sound? O_o (lol)

On that note, I just realized that by showing the airship christening, alcohol is now canon...

Yeah, I have almost no connection to star trek, seeing as I burned myself out on sci-fi with SG-1.

If I recall correctly, the bottle didn't break! Isn't that supposed to spell doom and gloom for the airship? Also, maybe it was sparkling apple juice?

I disagree that just letting her friends walk all over her somehow makes Fluttershy a better friend. Rarity brings Fluttershy to the spa because she's trying to share something that she enjoys with her. Fluttershy pretending to enjoy it for Rarity's sake is just another example of the comminication problems that were central to that episode.

Likewise, Fluttershy is quiet, but being a good listener is more than just staying quiet, you have to actually prompt people to keep talking. Fluttershy only really shines when she gets excited about something and her actual personality comes through, something which has only really happened maybe 5 times total over the course of the show.

You think Fluttershy was pretending to enjoy it? Sure she got much less pampering than Rarity, but...

Its times like these that I wish I had seen the episodes more than once.

I thought I saw somepony else bring that up as an example, actually, but now I don't see the post I was thinking of. Maybe I imagined it. I'm sure she enjoys the spa somewhat, as she did seem to miss it when she couldn't make it, but part of it is probably just the social aspect of going out with her friend. She's obviously not into it as much as Rarity.

My impression was that she was enjoying it as much as Rarity, but it took way less pampering for her to get that same amount of enjoyment. However, that was just one example. I see where you are coming from regarding letting others walk over her.

I see a lot of Fluttershy in myself. I have conversations with people where I say less than 10% of the words.

but being a good listener is more than just staying quiet, you have to actually prompt people to keep talking

That, consequently, hits pretty close to home. I'm good at listening, and need some work at the responding part.

My opinion for who is "best" is that it's a matter of perspective. Before reading this thread, I would have answered Fluttershy without a second thought and moved on. But weesh said that "best" was "what criteria people are using to define 'best'", or as I interpret: "what's your definition of 'best?'" My definition: Who I most likely hang out with the most if I met the mane 6? My answer: Twilight Sparkle. The reason: She and I share common interests, at least more so than the rest of the mane 6. While some of the other ponies would be fun to be around, most of what they do bugs me or I'm just simply not good at. Dash likes racing, and I'm probably the least athletic kid I know, AJ would most likely be working on the farm, applebucking, Rarity would be doing something with fashion, which I'm not a huge fan of, Fluttershy would be doing something with animals, which is again something I dislike, and Pinkie's WAY too hyper for me.That leaves Twilight, who I imagine is probably studying something or another, and although I don't like to study I could occasionally have an intelligent conversation with her, and maybe learn something in the process, plus she has a ton of books, so in the event I got sent to Equestria, I could maybe learn something about their world. Not saying the others are dumb, I'm just saying Twilight is probably the smartest.

• Like 1

My answer: Twilight Sparkle.

If you define best as "the pony I would most like to chat with anonymously online" I would be with you. I bet Fluttershy can't type for crap.

I can think of off the wall definitions that favor the other ponies too...except for Pinkie Pie.

You'd generally want to hang out with the pony most like you...

Well lets see how bronyland did for me: (comments are my general feelings about hanging out)

7bacb848fa9661ade91f81dd0107ecab.jpg

AJ: 100% - No

RD: 70% - Yes

Ra: 50% - Meh

FS: 45% - Big Yes

TS: 35% - Yes

PP: 35% - Big No

...Well that was all over the map.

I think that is more a function of bronyland messing it up though.

From most to least I think it is actually:

TS-FS-RD-Ra-AJ-PP

Dang, you guys are being too analytical - just choose who you like naturally without having to think about it. xP

As for me, RD is the most fun to watch for me, so I pick her, followed closely by AJ for the same reason (heck, episode 4 was the turning point for me becoming a brony - I was about to drop it after the first 3).