Iron Pony 2012

ZeroHero

Because even New Year's Resolutions need to be ponified. ;P

Anyway, just a random idea that popped into my mind today. Post something you're currently working on or plan to work on soon, that has some sort of milestone system to it. For example, maybe you're trying to increase the weight you can bench or your running time or endurance. Maybe there's some sort of video game escalade you're trying to accomplish or beat your previous record. Maybe you enjoy an activity that involves tournaments or some other sort of competition and you're trying to reach a certain place or rank. Maybe even something in your career, given it's self-paced.

Anything you can think of, post it here and see if one or more other people on this forum are striving for the same thing. Then simply keep in touch with them, keeping track of your progress and try to push each other to excel at whatever you're trying to do. Should be a fun way to meet others who share similar interests and to motivate yourself to reach your own short-term goals.

• Like 1

ah, I have a lot of artwork that's been piling up that I need to get done.

lesee here...

my drawing of Fawkes

Beat Match's request

my last three ponies for my themed adoptables set

I want to try customizing the pony toys I got for Christmas

I have an unfinished animation from last summer that I need to finish

I have to draw that pony for Conor

aaaaaaand... I think that's my list so far. I hope to get everything done by the time school starts up again.

-Gotta get around to rehairing my first pony custom. Everything else is done, but I... really... don't want to rehair her :| so boring

-Start the skirt I promised to make my friend (I'm not getting paid, I can take as long as I want! :blah: )

-Start the shorts I'm making for myself

-Start the dress I'm making for sale

-Actually, I have like 438838329832 things I need to get on making for sale

-Get around to making my Yuno Gasai cosplay

I've made a New Year's resolution to finally get a job. I've been trying, but I haven't really put all I can behind it.

I did do one thing good for New Year's already, though. I got my Mom to agree to quit smoking on the first of January if I promise to go to college. I was already planning on going anyway, but she doesn't need to know that.

I'd like my serious curling team to win the league. We have come in 2nd twice in a row, and lost this time by the skin of our teeth. The top two teams were 7-2, but they beat us in the tie breaker calculation. This would be really cool because we always give our opponents the advantage on the first end (because we like the color yellow), and we have a handicapped player.

Also, I want to save enough money by next December to leave work for 3 months on an adventure.

Post something you're currently working on or plan to work on soon, that has some sort of milestone system to it.

Emphasis is mine.

Upon further reflection, I find the sentence wonderful.

You could have straight up asked for new years resolutions. But my understanding is that those don't tend to go very well, if they even make it out of the month of January.

Two things cool about your post: Firstly, it is asking for pre-existing projects or plans, rather than starting something new. That seems way more likely to succeed, since you start out invested in it. Secondly, the requirement of a quantifiable way to track progress decreases the chance of frustration and forces the person to clarify the goal, and the more specific the goal, the more likely you are to complete it.

Up until just now, I didn't realize that you had forced me into the realization that I only had 12 months left for my saving project. Though I had been thinking about it, and making arrangements for over a year, I am suddenly cognizant of the amount per month that I likely need to save in order to make this a reality.