Genderbends?

ThunderFlash

I was considering making an app for Rainbow Blitz, but I was unsure as to whether he would be restricted to Crossover/Free-For-All or not. I would think that if it were explained, he might be able to work in with the Mane RP, but that could be stretching it. The method I speak of would be similar to how the Mane 6 were transported to the genderbent world ('On a Cross and Arrow'), but I needed to be sure it was alright.

yes, but gender often has to do with sexual orientation, which is deemed inappropriate for the board. In fact, anything sexually related is prohibited. So. yeah. That is what I was meaning. I know it has been mentioned in the past that if your characters focus point has to do with gender, it's not really that good of an idea. Like...they don't want to know or something. *shrug* but I guess, for example...If I wanted to make a crossover....Ranma 1/2 pony, that when he was splashed with cold water, turns female...I don't think anypony would have a problem with it...because it doesn't actually have to do with who the pony is as a pony...so....therein lies my confuzzlement.

I assure you, I never intended it to be innapropriate. It was merely a question about whether a 'colt' version Rainbow Dash, and as to what boards he would be restricted to. Nothing more.

I can understand what you mean though, just know that this was a harmless question. Even still, I hadn't even made the application yet. If I had, and you reported that, then I suppose that would be a bit more understandable. It was just a harmless question, and actually didn't expect a whole lot of love for the idea...

Gender and sexual orientation are independent of eachother, and everybody has a gender identity and a sexual orientation (even if they don't identify themselves as such), so they'd have to ban straight, cisgendered (non trans, non genderswapped) characters for sexual content too.

In this case, I'd say it's not a matter of gender ID OR sex orientation, as you're simply talking about a character who is just like Rainbow Dash, but male. The issue that will probably catch ThunderFLash up here is the whole Only One May Play Cast thing (in mane RP. I'm sure this is allowed in free-for-all).

As for the rule, basically, you can have a character that bends or blurs gender, but you have to pick an identifier, either male or female, and you can't use the labels "Transgendered, Cisgendered, Straight, GLBT, etc." The labels are seen as out of theme. In a world where acceptance is the norm, there's no need for these largely political labels. That's the in-game explanation. The real world one is that the politics of this can get thorny and they don't want all kinds of fights starting all the time.

• Like 1

Genderbending is the wrong word for this. What you are referring to is "Rule 63." For what you are suggesting, crossover/FFA would be the most appropriate place for the character, if you intend on playing him as the male counterpart to Rainbow Dash.

Hope that clears things up.

• Like 1

Gender and sexual orientation are independent of eachother, and everybody has a gender identity and a sexual orientation (even if they don't identify themselves as such), so they'd have to ban straight, cisgendered (non trans, non genderswapped) characters for sexual content too.

I am aware of this, it is just the title of the topic that gets me, to be honest, and the idea of gender bending often has to do with transexuality or transgender, etc. So, while I am an open-minded individual, there are others, say, children on this website, who may not assertain that difference.

I was not saying I see this as inappropriate. I was saying if it should have any sort of relation to sexual orientation....that is all. Forgive me if I sounded cruel, judgemental or ignorant. :sleep:

I am aware of this, it is just the title of the topic that gets me, to be honest, and the idea of gender bending often has to do with transexuality or transgender, etc. So, while I am an open-minded individual, there are others, say, children on this website, who may not assertain that difference.

I was not saying I see this as inappropriate. I was saying if it should have any sort of relation to sexual orientation....that is all. Forgive me if I sounded cruel, judgemental or ignorant. :sleep:

Oh, no, you're fine. It was a simple misunderstanding, and I should have been clearer as to my intentions. I am aware of the younger audiences that frequent the site, and had no intention of the idea being related to orientation. Dio cleared it up nicely, to whom I thank.

There is nothing wrong with discussing the sex or gender identity of a pony, but like Dessa says, labelling is not within the scope of this board. Within this, the difference is clear: It is the identity of the pony from a physical standpoint is appropriate, as was said 'Rule 63', but discussion of the pony's preferred dating partners, preferences or experiences is not appropriate.

Dio has already given the answer though, however, it would be appropriate for Crossover and FFA. Neither of those areas require an app (Though Crossover is allowed to have apps and they are not judged in the same manner as Mane RP applications) but any roleplays that focus on the pony's sex, either for intimate experiences or for expressing bias and discrimination are not appropriate for the forum. However, humorous situations in which the pony's sex causes a comedic situation (Such as being used to being female and accidentally walking into the female's changing room and getting embarassed as a subjective example) could be appropriate but the line for this is very thin indeed. Mostly the idea is to display masculine or feminine traits that would contribute to the roleplay as a whole as long as intimate interplay is kept out of it.

I hope this better answers your question, and any others you might have had! If you have any further questions, feel free to PM a member of the staff.

There is nothing wrong with discussing the sex or gender identity of a pony, but like Dessa says, labelling is not within the scope of this board. Within this, the difference is clear: It is the identity of the pony from a physical standpoint is appropriate, as was said 'Rule 63', but discussion of the pony's preferred dating partners, preferences or experiences is not appropriate.

Dio has already given the answer though, however, it would be appropriate for Crossover and FFA. Neither of those areas require an app (Though Crossover is allowed to have apps and they are not judged in the same manner as Mane RP applications) but any roleplays that focus on the pony's sex, either for intimate experiences or for expressing bias and discrimination are not appropriate for the forum. However, humorous situations in which the pony's sex causes a comedic situation (Such as being used to being female and accidentally walking into the female's changing room and getting embarassed as a subjective example) could be appropriate but the line for this is very thin indeed. Mostly the idea is to display masculine or feminine traits that would contribute to the roleplay as a whole as long as intimate interplay is kept out of it.

I hope this better answers your question, and any others you might have had! If you have any further questions, feel free to PM a member of the staff.

On that note...could my Ranma 1/2 character work? Like, a character whom, when splashed with cold/hot water, becomes the opposite gender? It would be for crossover, of course, but I'm curious.

On that note...could my Ranma 1/2 character work? Like, a character whom, when splashed with cold/hot water, becomes the opposite gender? It would be for crossover, of course, but I'm curious.

For Crossover, Sure. Just as long as you don't make it the focus of the character. Remember that even in Ranma 1/2, most of the time the episode is about what happens to the character that they cope with despite their gender, not what happens to them because of their gender. And technically, above all, none of the characters in any roleplay in the Non 18+ areas technically have fiddlybits at all, so gender is practically a state of mind and build of body. Nothing you wouldn't see in a cartoon.

• Like 1

For Crossover, Sure. Just as long as you don't make it the focus of the character. Remember that even in Ranma 1/2, most of the time the episode is about what happens to the character that they cope with despite their gender, not what happens to them because of their gender. And technically, above all, none of the characters in any roleplay in the Non 18+ areas technically have fiddlybits at all, so gender is practically a state of mind and build of body. Nothing you wouldn't see in a cartoon.

Alright! Now I'm gonna go make mah first crossover character! >3< HUZZAH!

And technically, above all, none of the characters (...) have fiddlybits at all,

This raises interesting questions about rarity asking to use the little fillies room... or why there even is a little fillies room...

So food goes in... then what?