For now this is just a signup thread (unless I'm not allowed to make a new thread for the actual game later, at which point I'll convert it when I have enough ponies.)

For those who don't know how to play Mafia, the rules are simple, especially for this, the first game.

1) Once I have enough ponies, the game will begin. A certain number of players will be sent a PM informing them that they're Mafia, as well as the other members of the Mafia. All other ponies are "town"

2) Town's job is to eliminate all members of the Mafia. Mafia's is to eliminate all members of the Town.

3) Gameplay is divided into two phases, Day and Night.

4) At the beginning of each day, I'll be giving a count of players still in the game, and the number of votes needed for a majority.

5) Each player may vote for any one other player. Only their last vote counts, but they can change at any time. (For sake of ease, please bold your vote and put it on a separate line.)

6) Day ends when a majority is reached, at which point the selected pony is 'lynched', or eliminated from play. I will reveal then whether they were Mafia or Town. Alternately, a vote of 'No-Lynch' can be reached by a majority, which will cause the game to proceed directly to night.

7) Mafia, AND ONLY MAFIA, may PM one another to select one player from the remaining Town.

8) Night ends when the Mafia leader PMs me the Mafia's choice for the night, who is then 'executed', or eliminated from play.

9) Play ends when either all Mafia are eliminated or the Mafia forms the majority.

Incidentally, in case there was confusion, for this first game, everyone is a vanilla pony except for Mafia, who are all Mafia-vanilla. If this works and we do more games, we can add in the other roles. (Or even do a lazy mod version, which is a smidge more complicated.)

EDIT: Removed an extranneous 'the'

Also, since I forgot to include it: In the spirit of fair play, once the game gets underway, please don't edit your posts. Consider this rule 0.