Fears and Phobias

Total-Tortilla

I'm a germaphobe. I have to moisturize my hands a couple of times a day to keep up with all of the hand-washing I do. ;_; Even though science says that your immune system is better off being exposed to some germs than no germs, I sanitize almost everything. (Student teaching has been an interesting experience. I will either end up in a crumpled heap, or I will just end up being too tired to care. We'll see!)

I also find little tiny holes in things irrationally bothersome. Like those lotus seed pod things? I look at them and I just want to set them on fire or rip them up.

Other than that, I really, really fear walking around alone at night. That's probably just self-preservation, though, especially being of the lady-persuasion. Worse is when I'm by myself, and I see a dude walking around or something. I just start panicking, grip my keys between my fingers like Wolverine, and bolt back to my car. He could just be outside for a smoke break or something, and my brain will be screaming at me that I'm gonna be next on the missing persons list. Le sigh.

I'm not comfortable in cars since an accident I was in a few years ago. I rarely ever talk during car journeys... it's kind of like a selective muteness, I think because I'm scared that I'd distract the driver and cause a crash.

I don't mind heights, but I don't like elevators. I like to think I can love my fellow man... but I simply don't feel the faith needed to put my life in a contraption he threw together with bits of wire and metal. No thank you!

I'm a germaphobe. I have to moisturize my hands a couple of times a day to keep up with all of the hand-washing I do. ;_; Even though science says that your immune system is better off being exposed to some germs than no germs, I sanitize almost everything. (Student teaching has been an interesting experience. I will either end up in a crumpled heap, or I will just end up being too tired to care. We'll see!)

I also find little tiny holes in things irrationally bothersome. Like those lotus seed pod things? I look at them and I just want to set them on fire or rip them up.

Other than that, I really, really fear walking around alone at night. That's probably just self-preservation, though, especially being of the lady-persuasion. Worse is when I'm by myself, and I see a dude walking around or something. I just start panicking, grip my keys between my fingers like Wolverine, and bolt back to my car. He could just be outside for a smoke break or something, and my brain will be screaming at me that I'm gonna be next on the missing persons list. Le sigh.

I'm a germaphobe too, but i do more to practice good hygene...is that still a fear?

Spiders and creepy-crawlies get me every time. Especially spiders. Blegh.

Als, needles are a big problem for me. Give me mahoosive panic attacks. Once went with a friend as support when she went to give blood and passed out in the entry way.

Recently had to be irradiated as part of a bonescan. Nurse left the needle in my arm while she set the scanner up (injected radioactivity, and not a super power gained *sadface*) and I promptly had the longest panic attack I've ever had, until she took it out. Took all day to recover.

~peace

Edit because, Grammar fail.

No joke im scared of people hiding behind my shower curtain

ah, I always triple check for people behind my shower curtain before I do anything in the bathroom D:

I'm a germaphobe too, but i do more to practice good hygene...is that still a fear?

If you are constantly worried about germs, yes. Otherwise no.

And learning microbiology ruined any chances of me being a germaphobe. That textbook basically told me "everything you do to fight germs is pointless" while laughing manically.

Also the fact that I want to work with microorganisms kinda makes being a germaphobe hard....

On topic of my irrational fear of wasps! I had a dream where I was stung by a giant wasp :(. It hurt :( it also woke me up 5h before I wanted to.

ah, I always triple check for people behind my shower curtain before I do anything in the bathroom D:

As lame as it is, I have that habit, but I'm looking for xenomorphs as opposed to people. However, it's usually when I'm half asleep when I wake up to go to the bathroom.

This may sound awkward but I have the fear of riding ponies and/or horses. It all started when I was about 9 years old. We were on vacation with relatives. We went to this ranch and there were pony rides. I took a ride in one of the Ponies and was getting the hang of it until something spooked it and it suddenly went from a trot to a full gallop. I just froze until one of the handlers managed to come by my side and calm it down a bit, but then the saddle got loose when the pony slowed down, and naturally I slid off the side and hit my right shoulder on the ground real hard. It was sore for days. That Pony was still at a medium trot when I fell from the saddle. I've never ridden another Pony/Horse since then. Yet here I am, a Brony! XD

I had a nightmare last night. I had boarded an drifting boat on calm seas. All the crew and passengers were nowhere to be found. I small creature of some sort began making quick attacks on us until we were all huddled into a small room together with our shotguns and hope of reaching our own boat was dwindling.

Then it revealed itself. It was a kitten. I'm scared of tiny cats...

know what else freaks me out that I forgot to mention? other people's babies. maybe my own babies would freak me out too, but I wouldn't know since I don't have any :P

well, I guess it's not so much scared of babies as it is completely disgusted by them. once they know how to walk and talk, I have no problem with them, but before that I avoid them at all costs. the worst is when people force me to hold their babies, then that's two of my fears on me at once. my fear of gross babies and my fear of doing something wrong.

This one too, but for me it's until they're fully toilet trained.

I can't stand when people try to hand their children to me, if they ask if I want to hold them I usually only hold them for a few seconds so I can explain that I don't feel comfortable doing it without seeming rude and oh the horror if they leave them with me for a few minutes (there was one inccident a few months ago where my mom's student brought her two and a half year old and set him down on the sofa I was sitting on....It was interesting to say the least....Thank You My Little Pony for saving me from a really uncomfortable 5 minutes)

And my blanket rule is under no circumstance will I baby sit anything under the age of 4 (3 if there's someone to handle anything disgusting they might do) they have to be fully toilet trained, able to wash their hands properly and everything and long enough that there's a low chance of them having an accident

The worst part is I'm reasonably alright in terms of handling them, it would be much easier if I were that one girl who's bad with small children and babies, normally they can sense if you're nervous or upset too but for some reason they completely ignore it when it's me. But I'm fine with actual children, especially if they're more intelligent than average

The strange thing is that I find babies of other animals cute and the same applies to baby versions of T.V. characters (actually that's what the most popular picture in my deviant art gallery is)

I have a fear of large groups of people that I do not know.... If I am at some sort of function where people gather and many of them I do not recognize, I just sort of shut down and retreat inside myself or do my best to get to a location where I can be alone or be around fewer people... Otherwise, I am a very friendly and open person.... This could stem from my treatment during my younger years at school where I was isolated or constantly being ganged up on by large groups of kids.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention it... But I used be afraid of the toaster. I used to be afraid of it because I nearly set the house on fire when I put bread in the toaster. I set the temperature too high. It took my dad four months to get it into my head that toasters aren't trying to burn down the house. Now that I think of it, it was kind of a silly fear... But, I was only fourteen at the time. Everyone makes mistakes.

I have a fear of large groups of people that I do not know.... If I am at some sort of function where people gather and many of them I do not recognize, I just sort of shut down and retreat inside myself or do my best to get to a location where I can be alone or be around fewer people... Otherwise, I am a very friendly and open person.... This could stem from my treatment during my younger years at school where I was isolated or constantly being ganged up on by large groups of kids.

Ohhh man, this so much for me. Both the groups thing and the bullying.

• Like 1

I had a nightmare last night. I had boarded an drifting boat on calm seas. All the crew and passengers were nowhere to be found. I small creature of some sort began making quick attacks on us until we were all huddled into a small room together with our shotguns and hope of reaching our own boat was dwindling.

Then it revealed itself. It was a kitten. I'm scared of tiny cats...

Speaking of nightmares....

8 years ago I had a nightmare, and it was the only one nightmare I had. Hehehe.

Well, let's go on to the fear and stuff subject...

Fear? Well, I would be scared of jumping off tall heights, because if I did a wrong move I'd injure my self real bad.

Hmm... well I believe in God, so I fear Him. But its not a scary fear, more of a respectful fear.

So what else.... I don't have Tanatophobia... or Escalaphobia... so, the only thing left is that I would be scared of you guys if you knew me in real life.

One: I would never give away my identity on the internet...

And Two: I would not want to meet you(Unless I give permission to and from a person), because you might've been stalking me or actually tried to surprise me if you were whoever I knew from the internet. I hope you understand that this is a reasonable state of being afraid for me. lol