I saw a guy wearing a leather jacket, and I thought "man, that is cool".

then I saw a guy wearing a leather vest, and I though "man, that is not cool".

that's when I realized...

being cool is all about leather sleeves

When I arrived at the Eskimo village that I visited last week, I discovered that a local Alaska State Trooper was to be my host. He was a good guy. When I got into his police truck, he stopped me from putting on my seat belt. A few minutes later, we made a quick stop and we got back in. I reflexively reached for the belt, and he stopped me again: "we're going to break you of that bad habit eventually". It was amusing to hear this from a Trooper. I guess there aren't many fatal accidents if the speed limit is 15 MPH across your whole village.

• Like 1
When I arrived at the Eskimo village that I visited last week, I discovered that a local Alaska State Trooper was to be my host. He was a good guy. When I got into his police truck, he stopped me from putting on my seat belt. A few minutes later, we made a quick stop and we got back in. I reflexively reached for the belt, and he stopped me again: "we're going to break you of that bad habit eventually". It was amusing to hear this from a Trooper. I guess there aren't many fatal accidents if the speed limit is 15 MPH across your whole village.

Lol, I would still put my seat belt on. You can get into an accident in a parking lot.

Lol, I would still put my seat belt on. You can get into an accident in a parking lot.

It was extremely uncomfortable at first, but I got used to it quickly.

The habit kicked right back in upon arriving home though.

Other village fun fact. There is apparently a hierarchy of locations in Alaska.

People in the small cities like Fairbanks and Juneau don't consider Anchorage to be "real" Alaska

People in large villages don't consider ANY part of Alaska to be real if you can drive out of the state in a car.

People in the small villages don't consider villages large enough to have a market or restaurant to be "real" Alaska

People living off the land in the bush don't consider any place with an airport to be "real" Alaska.

I saw a guy wearing a leather jacket, and I thought "man, that is cool".

then I saw a guy wearing a leather vest, and I though "man, that is not cool".

that's when I realized...

being cool is all about leather sleeves

Anthro?

i wish i had a jacket like his.

What?*Shifty eyes*

A kid walks up to his grandad after a rainy day in the garden and says:"I bet you Five pounds I can get a worm into one of those little holes in the ground"The grandad says:"You can't,they're too slippery and wiggly"So the kid goes into the house,and takes a can of starch into the garden.He sprays the worm,and it goes straight.He easily puts it into the hole.Grandad goes "Can I borrow that?",so the kid gives it to him.The grandad goes into the house,and 15 minutes later,comes back out with ten pounds.

"But Grandad,it was just for five pounds."when grandad tries to give it to him.The grandad goes "I know,but Grandma chipped in too"