What's Your Problem?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my CO teacher:

You were right, it was hell. It was the hardest thing I'd ever done. You taught me how to have a spine, and to stop letting people walk all over me. You taught me that I should live only for my dreams, and what makes me happy. I just don't understand why you had to be such a critical person to show me these things. When I needed help, you gave me a harder class. When I needed inspiration, you gave me the hardest criticism of my life. I looked up to you, I respected you. But I never told you that I was in a same sex relationship just like you; I never even sent you the thank you/birthday card I had written for your birthday, because I was afraid of you. Your tough love taught me a lot- but it left its scars. I left teaching because I had seen what it did to you, and I don't want to be you.

To my students, especially the bad ones:

You'll never believe it, but I really loved you guys. I put so much work into you guys- cut you every break I could in the class. I even liberally graded some of your assignments, just so you wouldnt fail and have no shot at college- yes I am talking to you that boy in my classroom that I kicked out almost every day. You were a good kid, you just dont belong in a broken system that expects me to fix your home problems; expects me to fill you up with the awe of education. I liked you a lot. You were one of my favorite students. I'm sorry that I couldn't help you. I wish that you would have let me.

And to the kid who wrote that sex story the day you moved into my class from out of town- Your a genius. It was well written, and I wish I could have told you so. I hope you continue writing, I don't care what it is you write- just do it if it makes you happy. I'm sorry about your father. I'm sorry I had to be the bad cop.

I remember what high school was like, but teaching you kids broke my heart. You ruined me because I cared about all of you, and I had to watch life screw you all over, and instead of being able to give you what you needed, I had to instruct you. I still cry about it sometimes. You kids changed me. I hope that I did something right for all of you.

To my college, and the Board of Education

You lied to me, and to everyone in the credentialing program. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

To that jerk parent

Your son is bright, and it was not a waste of his time. He was in 6th grade, reading at a Sophmore level, and answering advanced critical thinking questions. He memorized over 200 new words in under two months, and he learned all the grammatical principles I had to teach him in a mere two hours. He would be a much better tester if you would stop looking down on him, and talking crap about the world. His problem is you, and everyone in a mile radius could see so. You shattered your son's confidence right in front of me, he really deserves better than that.

hi hi

You're not alone Manestream, your post reminded me of something I read only a few days ago.

'Imagine, going to work each day knowing a great deal of what you are doing is fraudulent, knowing in no way are you preparing your students for life in an ever more brutal world, knowing that if you don't continue along your scripted test prep course and indeed get better at it you will be out of a job.'
- an anonymous public school teacher in New York City.
hi hi

You're not alone Manestream, your post reminded me of something I read only a few days ago.

'Imagine, going to work each day knowing a great deal of what you are doing is fraudulent, knowing in no way are you preparing your students for life in an ever more brutal world, knowing that if you don't continue along your scripted test prep course and indeed get better at it you will be out of a job.'
- an anonymous public school teacher in New York City.

So true, and it only scratches the surface. I really hope something gives, for the good of everyone.

I told myself I wouldn't air my problem out like this...but this morning, I felt like I just needed to get something offa my chest...

Ugh, whatever...this is quietly addressed to my oh-so loving fiancee. Not that she'll read my thoughts yet, It's too soon and I'm probably just airing this crap out early without any specific grounds...but it's kinda driving me a little nuts right now.

Yes, I agreed you could cling/love/sleep with your female friend Nochi...I know that you said you needed physical intimacy I can't give you owing to being several hundred ****ing miles across the ocean - but you get back from your trip on the weekend, and what do I get instead of a warm hello and the normal relaxing evening call on skype?

I get moar Nochi talk. Oh, and Spoony.

How can I forget your single minded overwhelming 'love' of that one internet reviewer and his multiple personas?

{And then You almost demand I watch more of his videos. Not ask, Demand! WHAT THE HELL was with that?}

You don't ask much about my weekend, you don't bother to sit down and have any real time with me and the other guys in the group - you just head right back into ****ing calls or private talks with her and I have to make do with leftovers, or virtually nothing at all...despite the fact that we've been together for 4 damn years and shared some of the best time together we can.

Apparently it doesn't matter as much as 2 nights sleeping with another female with the aim of finding yourself as a pansexual?

I've held off writing an email expressing how I feel and that it's probably for the best that I just leave you to it...with all this space in your heart taken up with your love of Nochi, Spoony and all the rest, I feel like there's no room left for me, and it's getting old - fast. I'mma give this a couple of days...but I am seriously disappoint and upset right now, deep down.

I honestly thought better from you, of all people.

I'll see what happens by the weekend - I'll even instigate hugs and conversation, but I hope I'm not wasting my time.

Perhaps our time is up, perhaps it isn't...I guess we'll soon see.

/rant

The aggrevations of what's otherwise been a successful Online relationship so far - oh, how I laugh. :roll:

I freaking hate commuters. I always feel when they are shoving me out of the way on the train that if there was an emergency, these assholes would be stomping on me because I am polite (to a point). it puts me in a bad mood for most of the morning.

7 years. We were together 7 whole years and you threw it all away for drugs and your "bros". Honestly this is the most painful thing I've ever done; I love you so much, I wanted to be your wife and live happily ever after with you but today you made it painfully clear who and what you love more than me and I can't be with someone like that. You made it oh so clear that you'd rather get high, trip out, and be with your friends than hang out with me on the one day I have off. I can't believe I believed you when you said you'd propose to me when we got on our feet. I even believed it when you said we'd move out together, and the worst I can't believe I believed it when you said you loved me more than anything. I hope getting high was worth it.

If anyone needs me I'll be in the corner attempting to fix my broken heart.

To all my beloved customers, present and past:

I am sorry you had a bad day. I am sorry that life is hard, unfair, painful, and gloomy. I am sorry that your best laid plans have gone kaboom in your face and left you feeling angry, sad, violated and weak. I am truly sorry and I understand how you feel because I too have had days that make me wish to crawl back into bed and forget the world exists. But, you need to realize something. Something very important... You need to realize that feeling like this does not give you the right to lash out at everyone around you. It does not give you the right to yell and throw tantrums like a child. It does not give you the right to scream at me, call me names, threaten me and try to pick fights with me. Believe it or not, I am not there to be talked to and treated like a mongrel.

I am there to do my job. A job that more often than not isn't worth me having to put up with your irate, immature behavior. A job that has me trying to help you find something or bring you something tasty that will maybe brighten your day. That smile that you see on my face, after you are done screaming at me, is not because I am happy. That smile is the only thing keeping my mouth shut after you've poisoned me with your anger. After you've caused a scene in front of every other customer.

But you know what? Oddly enough, for as painfully as your poison spreads, I manage to keep it under control. I don't let it spread to my co-workers or the customers I come into contact with. I manage to work through it. I Keep it under control, constantly reminding myself that I am not you. Reminding myself that unlike you, I can keep myself in check and act like an adult. That no matter how horrible things get and make me feel, I can push through them in hopes of something better.

...For this, I guess I should thank you. No matter how much your anger poisons me, I thank you for reminding me of what I can do. I thank you for showing me how an individual should not behave. For reminding me of just how different I am from you, and being thankful for it.

I thank you my beloved customers. I hope things get better for ya'll. That ya'll may one day look back and realize what a horrible spectacle you made of yourselves, and learn from it.

WOW! That felt really good.

If you need to reach out, we've got a lot of bronies with their im/skype information who I'm sure can sympathize, and maybe talk about other, lighter things. Heart bleeds for you hon, but you would be right to walk away from that.

Hrm, well I hate ranting… but I think I need to get this out of me… this is to all you rich city kids that keep moving on to are farm land as we and other farms die.

Why? Why do you NEED are land? The land we have had for YEARS! YEARS! Long before you got that barking paper that says you can just come and take it. WE held this land with are blood and guns for years, we have died for are land and you just come here and take it from us. You know we can't pay for that bull you pull up, we can't stop you under you shield of cash and bull. But know this; you kill us farmers and ranchers you kill the U.S.A.

And stop moving you bull on us! We do not need schools! I was just fine un tell you pulled us in to the schools and now I can't help on the farm do to all the barking work I have! And calling us 'special needs' due to lack of school? I'm smarter than half the school! So what, yes I suck at spelling and grammar. Yes I suck at math, but you know what? WE lived just fine without it for a long time. You know of the Homestead Act? We have been just fine out here for that long, without your schools, mails and all that bull you pulled over here! Go back east! We do not want you!

….well that was a nice tiny rant. And if I got some one mad, sorry. But seeing my home die like this is killing me in side. Win i was a kid it was farm land far as i can see, now it's mini mails, cheep rent a homes and cookie cutter homes. It's heart braking.

Hrm, well I hate ranting… but I think I need to get this out of me… this is to all you rich city kids that keep moving on to are farm land as we and other farms die.

I understand this one. I lived in West Virginia and watched places, well, become ****ing Wal-Marts. Lovely plots of land, farms, entire valleys. Or become gas mines. or strip-mines. It freaking sucks.

And it pisses me off more that a lot of the people that DO have the land are more content to buy their produce at those ****ing Wal-Marts than to even plant a garden. Don't want to get their hands dirty, or put in hard work, I guess (but good for you guys for keeping up a farm!!!). As a country we've ruined our agricultural infrastructure, and it is going to bite us in the ass very VERY soon.

Because when the apocalypse comes (this is only somewhat tongue in cheek) unless you know how to grow your own food you're completely screwed. The Amish will probably be the last men standing.

If you need to reach out, we've got a lot of bronies with their im/skype information who I'm sure can sympathize, and maybe talk about other, lighter things. Heart bleeds for you hon, but you would be right to walk away from that.

Thank you, I might take you up on that sometime. Right now I'm focusing all my energy on a fanfic that needs to be finished, getting Techno's shop drawn out so I can FINALLY get the RP thread going, and my job. I'm sure once it actually sets in that he's gone I'll need a shoulder to lean on.

Mum and dad,

Stop treating me like a bad rash that, once I hit 20, you were so happy to get rid of. That really kind of hurts. :< When I come up for a visit, I want to see you guys. I don't come up because it's "convenient" for you, although you seem to think that. (YEAHHH LOL FREE MAID TO CLEAN THE HOUSEEE) You can pry yourselves away from your piss-artist drinking friends and your girlfriend to see me for a few hours. I miss you, and I just want to spend time with you. I'm 22 now. I've spent about 2 years not seeing you guys as much as I'd like. I want that to change.

kthx.

I do not understand why at 32 freaking years old, a lot of my friends are still selfish sociopaths.

SCENARIO A) Say you and I are friends. Have been for years. And you made me a salad, and offered to put croutons on it. I don't like croutons on my salad, but what actually say to you is "no thank you, I don't really like croutons", which should be enough. Now, perhaps I should have been clearer and said "no thank you, I don't really like croutons on my salad", but I don't feel that that level of things are necessary when talking about lunch, especially when lunch is sitting in front of me, uneaten.

But I DO like eating croutons out of a bag. So, later you come across me eating croutons out of the bag and lambast me for LYING about not liking croutons earlier.

SCENARIO :) I go somewhere by myself completely spontaneously. You were not invited because you were not right there at the time, or it was not possible to get ahold of you. Or I wasn't even thinking of you because I was running errands. Of course, you believe that i totally planned to take a different way to the god damn laundromat for the hell of it and accidentally discover a lovely park that I didn't even know about, just to keep you from it.

SCENARIO C) I go somewhere without you. Upon recounting the events, I forget that we stopped at McDonalds, accidentally, because it completely not important or relative to the main story. Because obviously I don't have a minute to minute timeline of what I did in front of me, and I am half drunk. Later, when recounting the events, I put the McDonalds back in, and then my entire story is called into question as a huge lie.

SCENARIO D) Or perhaps we collect the same or similar things that are kind of hard to get ahold of, or expensive through e-bay, and we are on a shopping trip together. There are certain pieces we are both looking for, and I know that without a doubt if I find one of them and I offer it to you you will turn around and sell it a few months later.

Now, ordinarily I would even purchase it for you secretly, and then give it to you later as a surprise. But a combination of countless iterations of Scenario A, along with the sale of countless things that I have gifted to you (and if it is offered back, it is offered back at the price you want for it, not what was paid for it), has kind of made me sick of your ****. So for the first time I find something we are both looking for, just as I am checking out, behind the register. So I buy it for myself. Right then and there. And you walk up and immediately start jumping down my throat about how long you have been looking for the item (even though it was on my list before I knew you), and how dare I hide it from you the entire time we were in the store.

Now, after Scenario A + B + C + D or any combination thereof is enacted several times more than is reasonable for "just having a bad day", and I DO point out to you that it's kind of ****ed up; you're kind of overstepping the bounds of friendship.

Do you still wonder why I try to not talk to you?

Mum and dad,

Stop treating me like a bad rash that, once I hit 20, you were so happy to get rid of. That really kind of hurts. :< When I come up for a visit, I want to see you guys. I don't come up because it's "convenient" for you, although you seem to think that. (YEAHHH LOL FREE MAID TO CLEAN THE HOUSEEE) You can pry yourselves away from your piss-artist drinking friends and your girlfriend to see me for a few hours. I miss you, and I just want to spend time with you. I'm 22 now. I've spent about 2 years not seeing you guys as much as I'd like. I want that to change.

kthx.

Your parents need to stop being assholes. That is horrible.

WARNING: Cursing ahead.

**** people who drive while talking on their phones. Thanks to some blonde teeny bopper who was driving while on her cell phone my car is totaled, my right hand is burned pretty badly, my right arm and neck are royally ****ed up, my face is a wreck and I can't hear out of my right ear. THANK GOD I was there to protect my little sister, she's perfectly fine aside from being scared. But **** that little brat for driving while on the phone and then having the audacity to blame US for the accident. Just NO, **** YOU **** YOU **** YOOOU. Jesus Christ how in the world am I going to pay for all of this, I just lost my job over work place politics. Just **** can I catch a break just ONCE!?

I'm sorry everypony, life is just slapping me in the face right now and I just need a shoulder to lean on.

**** people who drive while talking on their phones. Thanks to some blonde teeny bopper who was driving while on her cell phone my car is totaled, my right hand is burned pretty badly, my right arm and neck are royally ****ed up, my face is a wreck and I can't hear out of my right ear. THANK GOD I was there to protect my little sister, she's perfectly fine aside from being scared. But **** that little brat for driving while on the phone and then having the audacity to blame US for the accident. Just NO, **** YOU **** YOU **** YOOOU. Jesus Christ how in the world am I going to pay for all of this, I just lost my job over work place politics. Just **** can I catch a break just ONCE!?

I'm sorry everypony, life is just slapping me in the face right now and I just need a shoulder to lean on.

ugh ****, thats the ****ing worse, i had the scare of my life some months ago by the same cause but managed to avoid the ****ing ******* (must thank NFS and GT for the skills provided :? )

hope you can get out of that one somehow *hoofpats back*

ugh ****, thats the ****ing worse, i had the scare of my life some months ago by the same cause but managed to avoid the ****ing ******* (must thank NFS and GT for the skills provided :? )

hope you can get out of that one somehow *hoofpats back*

Luckily it wasn't our fault so I guess every cloud has a silver lining. I just don't know what I'm going to do right now, things just seem to be getting worse and worse for me.

Techno Tealeaf, that SUCKS. I hope that entitled little ***** feels bad for what she's done.

She actually tried to blame the crash on us, she's one of those spoiled brats who has mommy and daddy pay for everything. We're going to end up taking her to court over this I can already tell. FML.

Techno Tealeaf, that SUCKS. I hope that entitled little ***** feels bad for what she's done.

She actually tried to blame the crash on us, she's one of those spoiled brats who has mommy and daddy pay for everything. We're going to end up taking her to court over this I can already tell. FML.

Seriously. I wish you the best, this just utterly sucks. I'm out almost $2400 because of some hosebeast who cut me off pulling into a parking lot, who admitted she didn't look or signal where she was going, but because I was on my bike in a construction area when she did it, I ended up being at fault. All because she didn't bother to look.

Dear Sonic fan who is my friend,

I'm tired of RPing with you and your gary stu character who can die COME BACK TO LIFE die again and so on. He is not jesus, he is not more powerful then sonic and is not the entire Sonic X casts best friend. He is NOT mister popular and can NOT kill people and get away with it! I'm SICK of you asking me 24/7 if I want to RP when I told you HALF AND HOUR AGO I don't want to! TAKE A GOD DAMN HINT I need a break from the gary stuness. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings when I said I want to take a break and RP with someone WHOSE MORE REASONABLE. MAYBE if you put a little more EFFORT into your character I MIGHT want to RP with you again. Until then I will NOT accept your constant asking me if I want to RP EVERY HOUR OF THE HOUR FOR THE WHOLE WEEK/MONTHS. Learn that I'm human and need a break from all of your crap and NO I DON'T WANT TO WRITE ANYMORE STORIES FOR YOU or make pictures of YOUR characters. I am your friend NOT your personal servant. Keep this up and I won't be your friend anymore been dealing with this for 2 years now and I'm so done. Get it together or lose another friend to your selfishness your pick either way I'm fine with it.

Love

Chele.

Oh and I have another letter.(didn't want to DP)

Dear ***** at the home teaching office,

I hate you so much. Each time we go to the meets you always seem to be attacking my mother and saying that she doesn't take my mental illnesses seriously. After My mom explained that she has a whole bunch of doctors appointments to make concerning her health and also her mental state. It's NOT my moms fault that she has LUPUS and has to go to the doctors' for various tests to help her. Just because she missed ONE lousy appointment for me DOES NOT MEAN she doesn't care about me. My mom has been there for me ever since this stuff with my mental health started to go down the toilet. With none of our other family members to help her she now has to deal with my mental health, her mental health, her DISEASE, AND her physical health. We're sorry that the person above you is betting on your nerves but my mom is only ONE person and in order to help me she has to help herself first. MY MOM IS IN A LOT OF PAIN EVERY DAY YOU ****ING *****. Calling her a bad parent just because she didn't take me to my therapist once or twice is nothing to serious I can handle 2 months without therapy but my mom? She goes to the doctors EVERY WEEK and goes to the hospital almost EVERY OTHER WEEK BECAUSE SHE'S IN SO MUCH PAIN. You putting even more stress on her is ****ing terrible. You need to grasp the situation at hand first before you open your mouth and accusing my mother isn't doing her job. I love my mom. I love her more than anything else in the world, she is my stone and if I loose her I loose myself and all motivation to continue anything. So the fact that my mom is trying to get her health in check before she can put her full attention on me is what a parent in her position should do. She is a wonderful parent, she is my mom, you it again then things are going to get ugly.

Yours truly

Chele

I feel much better c:

It's NOT my moms fault that she has LUPUS and has to go to the doctors' for various tests to help her. .

My sister-in-law's mother has Lupus too. It's such a heartbearking, horrible disease and I am sorry you and your mom have to deal with that. I want to *****slap the woman in the home teaching office on your behalf.