Drama Couch emoticon? (And now more emoticons)

Starfox64x

i credit Ashton for this idea...

We need a Drama couch emoticon for Canterlot...

Rarity_Dramatic_Sofa_Time_S2E3.png

Just have her couch kinda slides in from the left... for when you're talking about THE WORST POSSIBLE THING!

I think it would be a fun addition...

something like this but... smaller?

rarity-dramacouch-right1.gif

Or maybe we could have a large emoticon set for certain things? we could use some of the sprite from the Desktop Pony to get us started.

(EDIT) So i decided i liked the idea of the above emoticon, and now i've added a bunch more i think we shoudl use in a 'large emoticon' set, for when you just need something a little bit bigger to show your feelings, hehe... check later posts to see more of them.

• Like 2

I'd never use it, since I don't use smiles, but I would be amused to see it go live.

The bigger issue from my perspective is the need for a sarcasm font.

Sarcasm needs its own official font... I think Comic Sans would be good since nobody likes it... it would be kind of an ironic thing... Like 'I'm using Comic Sans in an ironic way to express my sarcasm toward your comment..."

But anyway, i would still love to see Drama couch...

and tweaked Twilight

breakdown_right.gif

I think i'll run through the Desktop Pony files and just collect everything i think would make good emotes....

Drama couch: Yes. Yes. That would be an awesome emote.

That huge bunch of them, though? Maybe only a handful. Remember, emotes should be limited to things people would actually have some need to use, otherwise you're just clogging up the emote list. Just take a look at the emotes you can use in Deviant Art comments and such. When the heck does anyone ever use 90% of those?

Drama couch: Yes. Yes. That would be an awesome emote.

That huge bunch of them, though? Maybe only a handful. Remember, emotes should be limited to things people would actually have some need to use, otherwise you're just clogging up the emote list. Just take a look at the emotes you can use in Deviant Art comments and such. When the heck does anyone ever use 90% of those?

Very true, i was just grabbing a hanful of ones that were better than the Walk, Stand, Fly animations from the source. Some of them i think would be fun though.

This would be a question for Artax... as it stands though, all of those seem too large for the board. The emotes we have now seem to be at least a 1/4 of the size of those... and in order to make them smaller, someone else would probably have to do it. It might even have to be done by someone who knows how to sprite. You can totally PM him to ask though.

Those are already 2x zoom (or 2x height and width, 4x area). If you want an easy preview for what they would look like in normal size, just zoom your browser out until they're 1:1. Resizing the files would be super easy just so long as you half the dimensions.

lc39k.png Vs. :sad:

Shrinking the pixel-ponies any smaller than the above would ruin them, and trying to redo them by hand in 27x27... I just can't see that working out.

i credit Ashton for this idea...

Woot! I was responcible for something other than a No-whatever-rule! ;)

And I agree! There is a need for a Drama couch! ;)

Is everyone hoping I'll go and make one in the correct size? ...you'll be waiting a looooooooong time.

Actions speak louder than words.

If anyone ever wants to impress me... show initiative.

I could give it a shot, but what size are you hoping for? half the current size? or a specific dimension?

So lets recap... Original size

rarity-dramacouch-right1.gif

Heres how it looks halved in size...

rarity-dramacouch-righthalved2.gif

and here's... 27 pixels high...

rarity-dramacouch-right272.gif

Half the size still looks greats... 27 pixels... eh... not nearly AS great... but i think i can still tell what it is... but i really think most of the details have been lost, making it not as fun...

Let me know what everyone thinks, i'll i'll start picking out some of the others to resize...

• Like 1

I tried makind a set of heads in 23x23, and while that's possible, it's intense. 4 extra pixels for a body, not to mention other props, I just don't think it's possible, captain, even if the ponies were chibi.

I've considered going back to the smiley project, but onte thing that's held me up is that if I DO make smileys by hand, they wouldn't match the style of the current smilies, as those were seem like they were just shrunk digitally. I guess what I'm wondering is, if I can come up with a set of smilies, using characters from the show, and they're deemed to be of sufficient quality, number, and diversity, would they be alongside the current smiley set, or could they replace them?

Because side by side, anything I can come up with by hand would look incongruous next to the current set.

(Considering my original pony smileys were 23x23, the mane cast, with their tall hair, was impossible. This is why I originally tried to do them with an OC, but 27 pixels? Oh what glorious freedom those 4 pixels will provide!).

I tried makind a set of heads in 23x23, and while that's possible, it's intense. 4 extra pixels for a body, not to mention other props, I just don't think it's possible, captain, even if the ponies were chibi.

I've considered going back to the smiley project, but onte thing that's held me up is that if I DO make smileys by hand, they wouldn't match the style of the current smilies, as those were seem like they were just shrunk digitally. I guess what I'm wondering is, if I can come up with a set of smilies, using characters from the show, and they're deemed to be of sufficient quality, number, and diversity, would they be alongside the current smiley set, or could they replace them?

Because side by side, anything I can come up with by hand would look incongruous next to the current set.

(Considering my original pony smileys were 23x23, the mane cast, with their tall hair, was impossible. This is why I originally tried to do them with an OC, but 27 pixels? Oh what glorious freedom those 4 pixels will provide!).

Again, question for Artax as he does much of the site coding.

I figured he was following the thread, and I didn't want to pester him by sending a seperate message, but if you think I should...

Well, you're idea is somewhat unrelated to the original intent of the topic. It also may require more one-on-one contact to work out details and stuff. Your choice though.

Then don't waste your time.

Start with some of the BASIC expressions and show me what you have in mind.

Send to me directly and don't show publicly, that way if I reject them it won't be publicly and I won't have a bunch of people whining at me because they liked them.

27x27 is actually already HUGE for a simple thing such as smilies.

Just don't forget in making them, the EXPRESSION is the MOST important thing it needs to convey.

27x27 is actually already HUGE for a simple thing such as smilies.

Send to me directly and don't show publicly, that way if I reject them it won't be publicly and I won't have a bunch of people whining at me because they liked them.

Just don't forget in making them, the EXPRESSION is the MOST important thing it needs to convey.

Heehee, oh, you just wait and see, buddy.