I am Star Swirl the Bearded, the greatest conjurer of the pre-classical era!

starswirlthebearded

About myself.: I am a scientist, audiophile, martial artist and percussionist. I live in USA. My passions are basically the same as my interests really, though I am a general lover of music and visual media. My biggest passion has to be science, I suppose that makes sense though since that will soon become my career. I am also a bit of an auto nut (I like my cars, though I don't own one). I am also a gamer of sorts.

How did you hear about Canterlot.com?: Tapatalk

How did you became a fan of FiM?: An internet friend got me curious, and learning that Lauren Faust was the front-runner sealed my fate.

My one favourite main cast pony?: Twilight Sparkle

Alright... So, I've been stalking this forum for a while now, debating whether or not I should make an account. I finally decided to take the plunge.

Basically my about me said everything vital to start to know me. The other thing you need to know is that I am highly opinionated and a fierce debater. Now, I always try to keep things civil, and to "love and tolerate" if you will. However, if a heated discussion occurs I am the kind of person who will post a myriad of links and bring supporting facts to support my position. I'll try not to do that here though, unless its an opinion about something pony related. And if I know something is likely to offend someone I'll usually apologize in advance and make it clear that what I will type is somewhat harsh or offensive to some (Again I try to be pleasant as I can be). Oh right, I am also a Whovian!

With that out of the way, on to pony related stuffs.

My friends, who shall be referred to by the first letter of their internet handles, P and CC got me into it. They both recommended shows that I ended up enjoying in the past, and they are both total fans of the show, so I gave it a shot after learning who was involved in it...

Now lets get into my favorite "mane" characters. Twilight Sparkle is by far my favorite, possibly because I identify with her so much. I am logical, try to prove everything (though I totally would not have given up as easily as her in trying to explain Pinkie Sense) with science. Granted, I chose Star Swirl as my name because my goal in science is to create NEW things through biotech research, but that is another matter entirely (so yeah, I actually had a legitimate reason for choosing this name).

My second favorite is Fluttershy, again by a long shot compared to the other 4. I really don't know why either... I cannot affix a reason. The only reason I can think of is that she is so utterly adorable.

Third is Pinkie Pie... because... she is Pinkie Pie. Seriously that is all I got. She is Pinkie Pie and I think that is enough reason to like her.

My favorite non"mane" characters are Princess Luna, Discord and Zecora. Luna... she is just awesome. I totally think everyone overreacted when she brought those spiders to life! Discord because of Q. Zecora because she speaks in verse... It is like she is perpetually reading out of a Dr Seuss book.

Not getting into favorite episode, too much work, not to mention that I'm currently rewatching all of them, so...yeah...

Lastly, I know this is dissenting opinion, but I HATE the term "Brony." Reason is that it has far too many negative connotations on the internet (I blame 4chan). I think being a regular fan of the show is just fine.

Last business of this post! I NEED OPINIONS! What should be my avatar?

This (which is actually my icon on another forum)

photo-9414.jpg

or a sized down version of this (to match my name)

588px-Promotional_Facebook_Halloween_2011_Twilight_Star_Swirl.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed reading my lengthy introduction. If you want to know anything else, just ask :). I hope to be well accepted here and to have fun with others who enjoy with show.

Edit: I just realized I misquoted twilight in the title... So before anyone says anything, I know it is the "most important" not greatest. But hey, never said I was modest :P

Edited by starswirlthebearded

Hey!

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot.com. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

There's hopefully something for everypony around here! If you're looking to meet new Bronies, a good place to do that is the Chat Room & live roleplay. The Creativity section is the place for artists, musicians, and writers! Oh, and what kind of forum would this be without the MLP Discussion area, hmm?

If you're looking to Roleplay, check the Canterlot RP Rules and the Applicaton Form. Unless you're going for the FiM Free-For-All section, then you don't need either of those things! :D But if you're going for Equestria Crossovers RP, you just need the Application Form, then you can make your crazy cool pony! The Equestria Mane RP, which is a really cool Roleplay area, requires you to read both the Canterlot RP Rules and the Applicaton Form.

Wow, that's a lot of links! :o Feel free to explore the site yourself at your own pace, and let myself or one of the other staff know if you have any questions.

Welcome to Canterlot!

My friend, you've made the right choice signing in to this forum. Whether it be for roleplaying reasons or otherwise. It's always good to have a fine intellectual in our community, such as yourself. :D

I'm Tenkan, and I really hope you'll sign in to stay, because we need minds like you around here. ;)

And high-five for Twilight being best pony!

Welcome to canterlot. you'll have a wonderful time, I'm sure you'll find everypony to be very nice here and don't hesitate to ask for help with anything! as others may have, or will say there is an irc in the top right. it's the most active i've ever been on and suggest going there.