Dreams and Hopes

Guest EoLPinkie

Guest EoLPinkie

Yep Tortilla, I have shamelessly taken your thread idea and dragged it into the happiness spectrum where sunshine and butterflies live! I owe you a song in exchange, redeemable at any Sugarcube Corner franchise... which I will be starting soon. Anyway, after everypony's recovered from reliving horrible creepy crawly dreams and talking about being a ponycake on the sidewalk, post your greatest joy or hope here!

For me, I hope everypony I've met gets a little more happiness into their lives! I want to make the world a better place through smiles and cheer (and sometimes bribery sweets). It's what bounces me out of bed every day! :D And that's totally honestly 100% stick a Pinkie in my eye hope to fly truthful! I decided this back in high school since I was shy and didn't have a lot of friends before then. I didn't want me or anypony else to be sad anymore. Thanks for sharing!

ah, I always feel odd posting my goals right after somebody says they want to make the world a better place XD

I want to be an artist :3 you always see people who have lots of free time, so they make something amazing. not because they'll be paid or it will make them famous, they do it because they have the time, desire, skill and will power to create something great. I want to be like that someday.

Guest EoLPinkie

ah, I always feel odd posting my goals right after somebody says they want to make the world a better place XD

I want to be an artist :3 you always see people who have lots of free time, so they make something amazing. not because they'll be paid or it will make them famous, they do it because they have the time, desire, skill and will power to create something great. I want to be like that someday.

Being artsy is so cool! You get to play with all sorts of fun paint and goo and everypony gets to "Oooh" and "Aaah" at your thingy! That's a fun goal!

Well I essentially want to be just like Angie in that regard...

Except I want to be a writer and not an artist :)

I love coming up with concepts and ideas and putting them into words for other people to enjoy, I hope to make a living off of that one day but I don't intend to do this just for money or potential fame.

I want to do this because I simply love writing, nothing else compels me to do this other than that :D

Take cover, for my hope is:

chester-dangerously-cheesy.jpg?w=380

My greatest hope is to make a difference during my service in the military. I don't mean making a difference by participating in this 'war on terror', but doing more with my time in the service. The way I see it, being a soldier is all about putting yourself in harms way so someone else doesn't have it. It's staying up through the night on watch so everyone else can sleep soundly, knowing that as long as you draw breath you'll allow nothing to harm them.

I want to give people around the world a feeling of safety and hope. Though it won't happen, I'd like to see my time in the military take me to Africa and other places plagued by genocide and war, and help give people their lives, families, and happiness back. And besides problems that would likely be settled by more fighting, I hope I can do more than that, and go above and beyond. You know, help rebuild communities and build better lives for themselves.

You can say what you want about the military and politics, but my greatest hope is just to make this world a little more worth growing up in.

• Like 1

Guest EoLPinkie

So I just had an epinkieny. I'm going to meet one new pony each day while I'm out and about and offer them a piece of candy or gum! Maybe I'll tell them a joke too. It makes me smile just thinking about it!

So I just had an epinkieny. I'm going to meet one new pony each day while I'm out and about and offer them a piece of candy or gum! Maybe I'll tell them a joke too. It makes me smile just thinking about it!

AMAZING IDEA!

Also my hope is to one day become a EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) officer in the British army. It just seems like the right thing to do, being able to save possibly hundreds of people at a time just through one action. Dangerous but rewarding.

Guest EoLPinkie

And now my idea is a whole blog because I've never had a blog before! Exciting! And EOD is almost EOL, only yours is much more adrenaliney.

To earn my steel ring, to be an engineer. I want to raise cities from the ground. I want to lay roads to every place that man is meant to explore. I want to harness technology to shrink our footprint on the world to the land we sit on, to grow civilization in harmony with the Earth we inhabit, to make the best possible use of our scarce and precious natural resources.

I want to write poetry that touches people, that moves them. I want to inspire someone, to put hope or joy in their heart or move them to think again about how they see the reality that surrounds them. I want to find things worth saying and say them in a way that people will hear.

I want to keep making a difference in the lives of others. I have been so fortunate as to see lately just what that can mean, and I'll never stop trying; even if all I can do for someone is hear their story and understand, that sometimes can make all the difference in the world.

I want to exemplify everything that I am. I am a writer and a creator; I am a southern gentleman; I am an asperger's child come of age; I am a son and a brother and a lover and a friend. I want to encompass the ways I define myself, and I want to transcend them.

And if nothing else, nothing at all, I want to be the sort of person my family will be proud of one day.