Best Supporting Cast Pony?

Who are your favorite supporting cast members?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Frequently recurring supporting cast:

• Princess Celestia
    • Big Macintosh
    • Granny Smith
    • Zecora
    • Mr. Cake
    • Mrs. Cake
    • Cheerilee
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Twist
    • The Mayor of Ponyville
  2. 2. Favorite limited main cast:

• Princess Luna
    • The Great and Powerful Trixie
    • Gilda
    • Nightmare Moon
    • Discord
    • The Diamond Dogs
    • Photo Finish
    • Braeburn
    • Little Strongheart
    • Fancypants
  3. 3. Favorite limited supporting cast:

• Spitfire
    • Soarin'
    • Sapphire Shores
    • Pipsqueak
    • Hoity Toity
    • Rarity's Mother
    • Rarity's Father
    • Chief Thunderhooves
    • Filthy Rich
    • The Cloudsdale Bullies
    • Steven Magnet
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Other

There are polls for mane cast members and polls for background ponies, but I don't think there's been a supporting cast poll yet. Figured it was about time.

The supporting cast is large, so I broke it in three. The first group is the core, recurring supporting cast; characters that have reappeared several times now and often have dialog. The second is for limited appearing characters, who took on a sort of main role in the one or at most two episodes they appeared in. The third is for characters who only appeared in a limited number of episodes and only had small parts in those episodes.

I wasn't entirely sure about some of the classifications. Twist and Silver Spoon for instance, though appearing in a number of episodes now have rarely said anything since their first. With the second and third groups, it was just a little arbitrary for some; a number of them probably would have worked in either group. I decided not to include the CMC, as I consider them part of the main cast by this point. Additionally, non-pony characters only qualified if they have speaking parts, so no pets.

The third group I decided to include an other option, as I know there are a lot more little supporting parts; characters with names and lines of dialog that I didn't include either because I can't remember them at the moment or I didn't think them important enough. If there are any glaring omissions I will be willing to add new options, however.

Personal favorites: From group one, Celestia. From group two, Gilda. From group three, probably Steven Magnet; maybe Spitfire.

The first one was easy: Click HERE to see why Celestia is an exciting character to me.

The second was a harder choice. I have liked what I have seen from Luna and anticipate seeing more of her. Fancypants has surprised me with his loyalty and open mindedness.

I don't care about any of the level three characters, but I think I still selected a few.

Guest EoLPinkie

Look at me! I managed to vote with the majority on everything! Cheerilee, Princess Luna, and Soarin'! Cheerilee is so nice and was a nerdy 80's pony in her youth, Luna speaks in YE OLDE CAPSLOCKE! and Soarin' loves pie! Yay!

'Tia, Cheerilee, Princess Luna, spitfire and Zecora.

'Tia can be such a troll.

Cheerilee is... I just like her as a character. Also, seeing her usually means the antics of CMC.

Luna is awesome, Both the Fannon and Cannon versions are awesome.

Spitfire is pretty cool.

Zecora... I really liked Bridal Gossip and her in Swarm of the Century. "Your Doomed!"

Picked Celestia as recurring supporting cast, although Big Macintosh comes in as a close second.

Picked Luna for Limited, and hopefully she'll get a more prominent role in the future.

Lastly picked Spitfire because she has an interesting personality.

I picked

1) Big Macintosh - he was my favourite supporting character from his first appearance. He doesn't say much, because he doesn't need to, but somehow he still gives off this vibe, if you ask me. He seems like a really cool, easy-going guy, and probably pretty dependable since he's co-running Sweet Apple Acres.

2) Discord - Brilliantly acted, and I loved the little chaos quirks that he brought with him, like drinking the glass instead of the chocolate milk, and then tossing the milk away only for it to explode in the background. Gets me every time. On the other hoof, I didn't notice Luna on that list, and I probably would have voted for her. I think season 2 Luna was a really interesting character, and the creators did something rather brave in taking her in an unexpected direction. A large portion of the fanbase probably mourned the loss of Woona, but a character who is out-of-date by 1000 years is both interesting and entertaining, and that was really well portrayed with her season 2 reveal.

3) Less strong opinions on this one, but I went with Soarin'. Based on 'Best Night Ever', he seems like a stalion with simple tastes. I can appreciate that. And yet, to be on the Wonderbolts, he must have some serious flying talent. Simplety backed up with sheer talent is always a good recipe if you ask me ^_^

EDIT: I actually have no idea what I'm talking about. I totally voted for Fancy Pants in the second category. It's too late in the night for me. Or early now, actually. Anyway, I picked Fancy Pants because he subverts the snooty conventions that all the other Canterlot ponies showed, and so he's a character with more than two dimensions, and I don't think he would appear in lesser cartoons. Furthermore, he's kind of a symbol of the idea that, if you do what's really right, sometimes things will fall into place even if you don't think they will. Discord and Luna still awesome too though :P I'm going to sleep now.