Hasbro cracking down

the_hittite

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anypony knows where I can get episode 20 - Green isn't your color in HD?

youtube has only part 1 D:

They can be found right in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=509

Nope can't be found there >_>

is the same youtube link which is removed by hasbro.

No, it's not. Those videos were put up by MyLittlePony1080p, not MASTERLINKX. If the videos had been taken down, I don't think the embedded videos would work anymore.

ALso, as of note, if Hasbro really was cracking down, the other users like Pensivepony (Or Pensivepine, I can't recall which), MyLittlePony1080p and a bunch of others would also have been removed. I've seen a global crackdown on video removal. All you have to do is type 'My Little Pony' into Youtube search and you easily get a list of all the videos and just make note of the name.

No, what I think this is, is someone was butthurt over MasterLinkX or something and submitted a DMCA complaint at Youtube as a way to 'get' at them, or even a 4chan troll who thought it'd be lulz to do so. This is sadly, a big problem with the internet. Some people are serious, and some people are jerks, and it's hard to tell when the jerks get involved because they could appear legit which is part of their MO. Because nothing's more jerky than to make someone think they've done something wrong.

The genius of HASBRO's cartoons is that it is self promoting to show them. Instead of having a cartoon that has a my little pony toy commercial once every 10 to 15 minutes, they have a growing collection of 22 minutes episodes that promotes the toy line in itself. Because of this, HASBRO wouldn't be losing much by it being viral on YouTube, despite the tales being told about adult collectors not being a significant source of HASBRO's income. Any extra chances a kid who wants the toy has to watch this show, the more likely a toy is purchased.

The genius of HASBRO's cartoons is that it is self promoting to show them. Instead of having a cartoon that has a my little pony toy commercial once every 10 to 15 minutes, they have a growing collection of 22 minutes episodes that promotes the toy line in itself. Because of this, HASBRO wouldn't be losing much by it being viral on YouTube, despite the tales being told about adult collectors not being a significant source of HASBRO's income. Any extra chances a kid who wants the toy has to watch this show, the more likely a toy is purchased.

This so much! I'm a big supporter of pirating and viral vids. For the right reasons of course. The people that really care about and love the show will always buy the products. I know I do!

"The system of piracy and filesharing supports artists more than any label or promotional endeavors could ever hope to." -Renard

Renard was referring to music pirating of course, but the message can be applied to anything! Half of the battle of advertisement and television in general is to make people know and remember the product. In this case, the product is a cute child's toy. When it comes to musical artists, most of their profit is from advertisers and concert venues. When it comes to children's programming, they get their profit from television advertising and product sales. You'd be amazed at the profit Hasbro gets on it's toy lines. Of course, they are a company founded on the sales of kids toys. Even if the Friendship is Magic series was on the internet only, they would still make an amazing profit from toy sales. The kids would see the show, see the ads for the show's line of toys, and demand that their parents buy the toys. See? PROFIT!

Hasbro would do just as well if the show went completely viral. They would lose so little in sales, if any at all! Hell, they might make more money! The age of TV advertisement and sales is probably drawing to a close, and the digital/viral age is still in it's baby stages. I really love that more companies are beginning to focus their attention on the internet. So much of the world relies on the 'net for resources, business deals and education. Going viral is such an amazing way to get the word out about your product.

I agree with everything.

However, 4chan has the 'amazing' ability to let it get out of hand, and I wonder how much HASBRO is sweating to keep their image, even on the internet, a positive one. It can get kind of scary when kids or parents of kids are searching for online pony content only to find obscene arts and memes that give the franchise a bad name. Is it possible to blame Faust for 'too good' of a show?

I wouldn't, personally, because I feel like our culture is currently at a point of limbo. Obviously, the internet plays a huge role in our daily lives, but it hasn't hit that point yet to where it plays such a large role in our lives that every media and production decision is intertwined with it. Most internet users are still high school and college kids, so worrying about how the image of a TV show is portrayed on the internet can't be directly worrying, because the show isn't directly oriented towards that demographic. And the shows that are usually match up with the internet culture, anyways, so there's not much of a need for those groups to worry.

Neil Gaiman spoke about the positive side of people on the internet sharing his comics and books and how it leads to increased exposure and sales; it is very relevant about how FiM on Youtube has really expanded the fandom and I believe, potential future DVD sales.

0Qkyt1wXNlI