Hasbro cracking down

the_hittite

Ohhh, this isn't good. Mast3rlinkx's channel got taken down today due to

"multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement"
from Hasbro.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ81_loDBt50YI0LovFnRHCxgRP1b4I2kA5qngeCRa1kx-Lqr4C&t=1

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting a very bad feeling about this.

On the other hand, this may be an indication that there is a season 1 DVD in the works (please let it be so).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That does indeed suck, but there are other channels still on Youtube including a 1080p one.

I should also point out we cannot be sure it really was Hasbro, and not a bot or trolls. Anyone can file a DMCA claim on Youtube, even falsely and Youtube will pull first and ask questions later. Youtube is extremely trigger happy when it comes to DMCA and I have seen false (and been the victim of false) DMCA claims before where videos have been pulled, only to show later it was without merit.

Doesn't HUB's website have the episodes in their videos vault? I mean, they wont update until the weekend is over probably, but at least it's from a source that wont get 'taken down.'

I'm waiting for iTunes to bring it up to iTunes Canada so I can buy the season. I lucked out and found the first 10 episodes on a torrent in mp4 format. Not going to stop me from getting the whole season through iTunes though (as more money in Hasbro's pocket over ponies means more ponies in the long run).

I'm not that surprised YouTube yanked them. I am surprised it took them so long. (or Hasbro, if it was them that got it yanked) Hopefully a DVD set is in the works, I'd be up for that. :D

What is weird, that if was Hasbro, that is sad because most of the fans downloading all these episodes would be happy to purchase a DVD, in fact it likely generated more interest in a DVD sense people could draw more potential fans in by showing them the streamed links. Those that wouldn't? Well this won't change their mind.