WHy do you watch MLP ?

Gorgutz

I get to watch cute animal characters for 20 minutes and it isn't mindless (yeah, I'm a furry and love animal characters like Pikachu, Simba, etc. - particularly drawing them). And of course irony plays a role - it's fun making people go "what the heck are you watching?" xD Oh yeah, its well rounded characters and good humor too.

I don't even know XD normally I don't get into shows. I'll watch anything that's animated, but normally I don't follow anything closely. I think the only reason why I watch ponies every weekend is because the fanbase is amazing. it's not like I'm here because it's the next big thing. I've never been the type to like something because it's popular. ever since I joined Canterlot in June, I can't imagine life without the people I've met here. I don't think it's ponies I love so much as it is this website XD

• Like 1

I'm with Angie in how I'm not really quite sure what that certain "something" is that compels me to watch it. I do like how well done the animation is, considering it's flash, the fact they sneak references in there, and that the way female characters are protrayed is a lot better then most cartoons.

On the negative side, I almost quit watching when I was checking out the start of the series since I'd seen the same plots so many times. The episodes still run into "I knew that was going to happen" problems, but I still had fun watching.

I naturally planned on watching it when it was announced since being a horse fur, my only "equine tv fix" options are shows long cancelled (Mr Ed, Wildfire, Bravestarr and MLP Gen1 )

I was pleasently surprised to find that the show is better written and characterzed than the majority of live action shows! Sweet!

Apparently the chracters are so well written, I think most viewers want to know them IRL. (since about half of the fan art I see is the cast as humans... ;) I prefer ponyform ;P )

It is an uplifting show like Tenkan said.

It seems to attract open minded and kind people.

Celestia is a beautiful image of God.

Fluttershy reminds me of myself and inspires me.

The Heroine is a cool nerd.

It makes me laugh.

It is fun to be in a fringe group.

I've never really though about it...

If I had to specify a reason though, it's definitely because it's super cute, and because it actually has a steady plot to keep people interested. It's not like other cartoons where they just do mindless stuff every single episode.

- Well, I love the animals.

- I love the varied personalities of the ponies.

- I love how the cutie mark appears when a pony discovers who they are. It reminds me of childhood. You spend your childhood, growing and learning about who you are and what you can achieve in most. Then one day, you stop and think. 'This is what I want to do when I grow up.' Sure some children change their minds because their still discovering themselves. But there are others who keep on at the same dream because they know who they are and what they are destined to be.

- I love how they are constantly learning something new about friendship. The lessons they learn are passed down to the younger genteration of veiwers and that helps them make the right choices in life.

- And overall I love the humour the show provides.

It gives me the feeling I got when a long time ago I'd wake up early on Saturday mornings to watch cartoons. It hits all the things I find compelling in a quality animated series: interesting characters, fun visuals, superb voice acting, a special brand of comedy...and some sort of intangible "x" factor that just makes it all work.

Because, even though I watch the stuff that people call "entertainment", My Little Pony is just... amazing. It isn't like the stuff on TV, its animated with a familiar program. And its also got its d'aw moments (The Baby Cakes saying Pinkie Pie) and it's awesome moments (Tactical Rainboom :3)

Ever since I started watching I have been trying to identify the 'X' factor that takes it from solid to amazing, and I have not had success. The sum of all the things I like about it do not add up to how I feel about it. There is some deeper emotional connection that is hard to describe.

It is an uplifting show like Tenkan said.

It seems to attract open minded and kind people.

Celestia is a beautiful image of God.

Fluttershy reminds me of myself and inspires me.

The Heroine is a cool nerd.

It makes me laugh.

It is fun to be in a fringe group.

Same here. Summed it up very neatly there.

But yeah, the same reason I watch any show - it's fun. It's nice to be able to watch something and smile all the way through.

Guest EoLPinkie

It helps me be a better pony! I was told I was the happiest thing someone had ever known last year, and right after that I found the show! Now I'm striving to be even more accepting and tolerant, which was something everypony attributed to my attitude before. I've given more to charity, don't gossip nearly as much, and try not to mock the general public when they do silly things, even though they won't hear me. Even Colgate taking over the brushie brushie meme made me love brushing my teeth!