Why, hello there! I didn't expect an introduction topic in the introduction forum!

SteelEagle

Hello there!

My name is Shane, a 23-year old who lives in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. My hobbies include television(South Park, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, and MLP of course), reading(mostly dry historical non-fiction), writing(mostly bad fanfiction), video games(not entirely too picky there) and watching my favorite sports teams fail again and again. I also have a bad White Weenie deck in Magic, and spent around $200 to get Axis and Allies Pacific and Europe 1940 so I could play the global version alone. Huzzah!

I enjoy FiM for many of the same reasons y'all do. It reminds me sincerely of the shows of my youth, allowing me to relive days free of stress in a fun manner. The writing is solid and, for a kid's show, shockingly effective. The characters are appealing with good amounts of depth and excellent characterization. The animation is vivid and colorful, and the songs catchy. The fandom helps out with the immense amount of creativity and the extreme friendliness that turns it from something that can be somewhat embarassing to admit to a strength, a pillar if you will, that you feel comfortable calling your own. The amount of fun, creative content this community produces is amazing- I sincerely doubt any one fandom has produced this much, this quickly, and of this quality. From the Fan Fiction to the PMVs, to the simple RPs and of course the never-ending images, content overload!

I found this forum through a simple Google search, looking for Pony RPin'. I have heard of this place before, but never bothered to check. Needless to say, I was hooked once I took a cursory glance through the forum, and was even more enthralled when I saw that the FiM cast is actually in the RP and (generally) active. That is tremendously exciting and helpful, as it helps ensure a sense of balance. (Though, enjoying the quality of RPing I'm seeing thus far, I wish I could kidnap said RPers and force them to RP all day long. Yay! Or nay?)

Anywho, hello!

• Like 1

Hey!

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot.com. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash: You'll also need to make at least 3 comments anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the site.

There's hopefully something for everypony around here! If you're looking to meet new Bronies, a good place to do that is the Chat Room & live roleplay. The Creativity section is the place for artists, musicians, and writers! Oh, and what kind of forum would this be without the MLP Discussion area, hmm?

If you're looking to Roleplay, check the Canterlot RP Rules and the Application Form. Unless you're going for the FiM Free-For-All section, then you don't need either of those things! :D But if you're going for Equestria Crossovers RP, you just need the Application Form, then you can make your crazy cool pony! The Equestria Mane RP, which is a really cool Roleplay area, requires you to read both the Canterlot RP Rules and the Application Form.

Wow, that's a lot of links! :o Feel free to explore the site yourself at your own pace, and let myself or one of the other staff know if you have any questions.

Welcome to Canterlot!

All the links have frightened and confused me. If you don't mind, I'll go ahead and cry now.

Okay, that was fast!

I made sure to read the rules and such before I signed up. I think that is something most people should do even before they join- make sure the community is something they could feel proud to be a member of.

Very excited!

• Like 1

Guest EoLPinkie

Yay! It looksl like you love games! Me too! :D I used to play card games and be terrible at them, but I'm okay at video games! Sonic and Zelda are my favorites :Pinkie: Welcome to Canterlot! I hope we can be friends, and I'd love to rp with you at some point if that's what you're looking for! It's so fun to imagine and play pretend! Some ponies tell me my head is full of hot air, but don't listen to them.

It's full of whipped cream for pies! :smirk:

Let me know if I can do anything to make your time here even more fun!

• 11 months later...