Facebook and pony dilemma

Bright Glow

I wonder if they know that by doing that they are violating the FB TOS and FB can then shut down your account... (IIRC one of the terms is that you do NOT share your password)

I dont use FB, never have never will. Part of the reason is when it first popped up I saw it as "MySpace v2" and since at that point I was already hardcoding my own Database Driven websites in PHP, I saw no need for it. (Yes, I am well aware that it's much more than that NOW but back then I didnt know) Since the privacy stuff has been popping up, I've sworn to NEVER use it.

I have a twitter account and all I use it for is to watch a game company's promotional tweets (TTG if anyone's curious) I tried to use it for sending out updates when I posted new art on DA, but nobody ever joined up so I gave up on that.

The only thing I'm a member of is Google+ because I was working with a group developing a game and we were going to use it to communicate. As it is, that never happened so my account is empty

I have heard a LOT about Linkedin and a business contact of mine (Professional Recruiter) is trying to get me to join, and others I've talked to professionally seem to agree that it's a good thing to have.

Now back to the OP... Personally, no, I'd suggest keeping everything at all contraversial off major sites. I dont list in any way on my major accounts that I'm a Brony, a Furry, or any of the other things about me that are contraversial... (I live a normal life, but my views on many issues are quite contraversial) I'm paranoid, I know that, but today it looks like paranoia is a good choice.

Use max security settings and don't use a picture of yourself as a profile pic. Boom, employer doesn't know it you

What the.....

I can't belive this:

I was just reading a hungarian news portal Origo when I found a news which was referring to this article:

http://www.telegraph...-employees.html

Did anyone of you heared from anything like this?

Lucky I'm not livin in the USA, lucky for you it's ok for your plan but I think posting pony things and being in a facebook Brony AD (afther dark topic where we post matured stuff like shipping pics and R34 pics) woldn't help me to get a job as a social worker. :(

Lucky I'm not livin in the USA, lucky for you it's ok for your plan but I think posting pony things and being in a facebook Brony AD (afther dark topic where we post matured stuff like shipping pics and R34 pics) woldn't help me to get a job as a social worker. :-(

Err, yeah, I wouldn't post stuff like that. I don't even do requests for mature pictures because I'll probably want to do kids animation some day and I don't want to put employers off with stuff like that.

Err, yeah, I wouldn't post stuff like that. I don't even do requests for mature pictures because I'll probably want to do kids animation some day and I don't want to put employers off with stuff like that.

Actually that is a hidden a closed group so I shouldn't worry about that until an eplyee would ask my facebook password.

Actually that is a hidden a closed group so I shouldn't worry about that until an eplyee would ask my facebook password.

Sure, but it's different when it comes to pictures that I actually draw, since art gets spread around, and if I drew a mature pic there's every chance it could get traced back to me from any given site.

Actually, just this morning I was looking up the artwork of Bruce Timm, who's cartoons I grew up with as a kiddie, and, like, most of the art on his site is of lesbian love scenes. I was like "Huh!".

"I do not havea Facebook Mr. Employer. That is obviously a cartoon bunny who shares the same name as me. I am not a cartoon bunny"

That made me laugh. I'd love to see the look on any perspective employer's face if you said that to him!

Oh ya, I've totally heard that some employers will look up your Facebook and stuff. I have no problem with an employer adding me under their name or some kind of company account, but you're not getting my password.

You should be careful of what you post on the internet though. Employers can find that stuff.

I'd flat out refuse to give them my login information. Not only is it none of their business, it displays a potential for abusive policies at that company/service. With what I do, just giving them that kind of information shows a lack of security awareness and would cost me the interview on the spot. I haven't had to worry about it though, since my facebook is as private as I can make it, and nothing I don't want people to see gets on there. Not to mention I've been working at the same place for a decade now. I did set up a ghost account to do some of the facebook games, since I don't want to spam the heck out of friends and family members.

Bottom line, though, is never post anything hinting at illegal behavior and don't put up a post ranting about how much your job sucks. That is mainly what a lot of employers are looking for, I know its what I do when I'm vetting out a new hire. I only look at whats publicly available.

That stinks, Pineapple. I hope you got that sorted out. I'm still a fan of the "one account for work, one for pleasure," so there's no real way to mix up or have one become connected to the other. I've sort of been finding FB annoying lately. It's a good tool for keeping in touch with people, but meh...