Simple Question

SteelEagle

The answer is likely obvious, but always better to ask a dumb question and get a dumb answer than not ask and feel dumb later.

Is it possible to RP with a character in several different locations OOC at the same time, as long as ICly there is a reason for said Pony to have moved around in the timeline? (Ex; Bob RPs Lyra. Bob RPs Lyra in three different RPs in two different locations at the same time in the real world. However, in the RP itself, the time has changed/events in earlier RP/s have come into play for Lyra.)

This is a common question, and the answer is Yes, your pony can be in multiple places at once. Each RP is it's own timeline. Someone here referred to it as 'fluid time.' That's not to say that something that developed in one RP can't be referenced later in a different RP, but you don't have to worry about being in different places in two different RPs that happen a the same time.

I just want to warn you about this: It's VERY easy to cause paradoxes if you take the timelines seriously. Personally, this is why I have so many characters (yes I only have 2-4 on this site, but my actual list numbers somewhere around 50 iirc, roughly half from modern, half from future with a few crossing over either way) If you learn a skill in an earlier RP, you should have it in the later one, unless your character has a *derp* moment and forgot it under stress, which only works so often or else the character comes to be viewed as, at best, absent-minded, at worst, a complete idiot.

And actually iirc, it's *required* for cast characters to be in multiple threads at once, adding another level of difficulty when trying to maintain timelines for cast RPers... (though personally I like it since it means there will be fewer Apps and I'll have a better shot at anyone I app for! ;) lol)

Here's a quote from the Liquid Time? time.

Basically, all of the Roleplay topics (in the Mane RP) are occurring on the same timeline as the show. But, they don't all occur at the same time. So, what others said. You can be in as many topics at a time that you want, and it's just like they occur on different days, without any specific dates.