Three things you don't know about me game!

Maintaining momentum.

It ain't always easy, it isn't fun, and I've had to cut off ties to some people as a result of it, but this is what I must do. Life goes on, and the question is whether one is ready to go on as well.

I must focus on getting to where I need to be; and I can relax when I get there.

♦ I have an extremely short temper at times. I am not a nice person, and it is at those moments where it is clearly shown that I am a blunt person. That is not to say that I'm a Grinch, really, I'm just not an overly-sweet person. I can and will call someone out on something that I believe is incorrect. When annoyed, I tend to be snappy and bitter-sounding. xD

♦School-wise, I'm a high school sophomore. I'm taking classes that are a year or two advanced, as well as college classes. I am bullocks (is that how you use it?) at math, and, oddly enough, I'm better at physics then I am at my math class. I love history (currently taking AP Art History and AP European History), Literature, and Grammar. According to my French teacher, I demonstrate a proficiency with languages as well. Fluent in two, learning a third. (Planning on learning Italian, and perhaps Portugese as well after French).

♦ Many people that I know tend to think of me as a bit of a ditz, as I am usually joking around (you can never go wrong with satire and sarcasm. Har har.), not taking anything very seriously. When I do take something seriously, or show skills in a certain area, people tend to give me a surprised look and say, "Wow, I never knew you were so deep!" Or, "I had no idea you were so mature!" (Quoting from past experiences, the latter being the most recent one.)

I love studying different cultures. >Unrelated

I am an entirely selfish creature.

Favorite subject? (Career related or not!)

Favorite subject? Like when I was still in school? Anything having to do with cultural and behavioral studies I suppose. I like to people watch without them knowing I'm watching. And what better way to do that than in a classroom.

- Throughout my whole life, no pony in my family has ever called me by my real name, not even now. First or second name. I have always been called Quiqui, which was the nickname given to my uncle for whom I was named for. He passed away before I was born.

- I have hyper hitch-hikers thumb. Which basically means I can curve my thumbs so far back (on their own, without any outside aid) they almost make a "U" shape. Great party trick... when we've had a few drinkies. Especially when I manage to pop the joint.

- I have the annoying compulsive behaviour of alphabetizing things. Oddly enough, it doesn't apply to anything but books, movies, video games, CDs and (on occassions when I have them) the different kinds of sodas and drinkies in my fridge... Don't ask why cause I myself don't know.

Now for the question...

If you could change one event in history, which would you change?

• Like 1

History (I'm such an egghead!)

1. I like collecting crystals, namely Quartz, rose quartz and amethyst.

2. I have traveled to London for a college course on history and communication.

3. Favorite fruit is an apple and favorite vegetable is a carrot (I think I was a pony before knowing I was one!)

If you could change one thing about you, what would you change and why?

A hard question to answer, as many things come to mind and are summarily rejected.

However, having better hearing would be nice. In a quiet setting, I have no problems. As soon as there is noise around me, I must use a great deal of concentration to filter out the other sounds, and after about 30 minutes I can no longer do so effectively. This leads to missing as many as 50% of the words and the need to guess from context what others are saying.

1) It bugs me that my neighbor is letting me use his wifi, but won't accept any money for it.

2) It bugs me that #1 bugs me because I wish I could just accept the kind gift (Internet would be $70/month for a lame connection here)

3) This Thursday is terrifying because I am hosing a potluck and am responsible for the main dish but have negligible cooking skills.

What is your purpose?

My purpose is to live for Jesus. That's my purpose, heheh!

1) Every Tuesday I either go to a Boy Scout meeting or a youth group.

2) Most kids around my neighborhood haven't met me.

3) A girl tried to hug me out of nowhere because of some pity... I refused the hug, if you want to know. :lol:

What kind of man/woman are you going to grow up as? Not in job, as in life.

That is a hard question to answer. I'm 27, and almost a grown up.

I want to continue to grow, love and serve though.

1) The number one place that I would like to visit soon is Israel

2) I own and drive my dream car: a PT Cruiser

3) The best gift someone can give me is their time.

Do the clothes you own reflect your favorite color?

yes they do :3 every single thing I own is either brown, green or blue. I mostly do that so I can choose any pair of pants and a shirt at random without having to worry about it clashing though XD

1. my dad's PT cruiser has star wars decals

2. my whole house is decked out in star wars stuff because of my dad

3. I've never seen alcohol

have I said one of those here before? I feel like I have ._.

how hot and/or cold can it get where you live?

1. my dad's PT cruiser has star wars decals

Yay for PT Cruiser love!

It was about 22F today.

1) My favorite color is red, but you would guess blue from my closet. I no longer have 21 red t-shirts.

2) I have a loud and annoying analog clock on my wall. I deal with it by turning on a fan for white noise.

3) I once bought dawn dish soap and was annoyed that a dollar of the purchase went to the World Wildlife Foundation. But felt relief when I realized that you had to opt into the donation online. I'd rather a company have my dollar than an environmental group.

Have you supported any Kickstarter campaigns yet?

I didn't even know what Kickstarter was until I clicked the link...

- I have never paid for any repairs to either my home where I grew up, or the apartment I live in. I do all the repairs myself and more often than not, I "McGuyver" myself a way to fix it. Especially if I don't have the tools. Fixed the pedal thingies on a piano with a toothpick a few years back :mad:

- I practiced martial arts for 4 years when I was younger. I did Shorin-ryu, which can best be described as a Japanese approach to Shaolin martial arts. I excelled at Bo-staff and was always tasked with that part for our exibitions and demos... Still practice when I can.

- I did pottery for 5 years in my youth as well. I mainly did wheel thrown pieces as well as hand build ocarinas. Sweet Celestia do I miss it... The feel of wet clay in my hooves. The smell of it. The taste... I didn't eat it, but I had to test the ocarinas before firing to make sure the pitches were right :P

I will break the norm and asks three questions...

What... is your name? What... is your quest? What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen Swallow?

King Arthur. To seek the Holy Grail. That depends, is it an African Swallow or a European Swallow?

1. I can't drink Red Bull or any other energy drink. It makes me Pinkie Pie hyper.

2. I have a collection of fox related items (pictures, plushies, statues) as well as a collection of unicorns.

3. I would date someone with a personality similar to Twilight Sparkle.

If you could have one superower, what would it be?

mm :l I've thought about this a lot... I'd have to say shape shifter. a good one though, not one of those ones that can only turn into a guinea pig

1. I've had the hiccups since last August. they were really bad at first, but it's since slowed down to maybe one hiccup every one or two hours

2. every single shirt I own and have ever owned has a tiny hole roughly one inch bellow the neck hole, front and centre. I don't know how they get there since it's not part of the design and I don't put them there. I don't wear anything on my neck, so I doubt they're getting caught on something

3. I keep a plastic box the same size and shape as a binder with me at all times. inside it has my sketchbook, my favourite mechanical pencil and refill erasers and leads. I write on the outside of the box and use it as my agenda.

what was your favourite thing to do at recess as a kid?

I used to love climbing trees. Our school yard had plenty of trees and me and my friends would climb up this one tree and pretend it was out base of operations from which we spied on the other kids.

- I cut my own hair. And I don't mean in a "look at me mommy! I found the sissors!" kind of way... Well, at least not anymore. After almost a year or so of doing this, I do a good enough job to fool ponies into thinking I paid for it. Which considering the average haircut in these parts costs like 12 bucks... There is a reason I started cutting my own hair :P

- I do card tricks as a hobby. I usually practice every other day, but when I'm stressed or nervous... I pull out my deck and shuffle, cut, glide, lift, and pull like a mad pony. Because of this, I always carry a deck and have amassed a deck collection. I even have one with ponies! Which is my favorite <3

- I hate cold weather but love the snow. Odd ain't it?

What is your favorite flavor icecream? If you are lactose intolerant, what is your favorite non-dairy frozen treat?

Moose Tracks has been my favorite ice cream for about 17 years.

1) Last year I went on a 4 day canoe trip and nearing the end I stated that I would never take the trip again. The other people mistook this for dissatisfaction of the trip, and were concerned. In fact, I very much enjoyed the trip, and I love conquering difficult challenges. In the future I was just going to choose the 3 day trip that I loved over the 4 day trip that was stressful.

2) The best food I can make is trail pizza. Most people enjoy it. The others were stuck up food snobs.

3) My mom has a book that she started when I started speaking. It contains every funny thing either I or my sister said while learning to speak. I had more than two years head start on her, but I only have have 5 of the first 6 entries. She has was much more adventurous than myself and most of the rest of the book is hers. I am still a quiet person.

Bonus) When I was 4 I was building lego structures symmetrical about two axis and color coded by tier. People guessed that I would be an architect. By the time I was 7, they were correctly predicting that I would be an engineer.

Bonus 2) Later that year, I would finally stop peeing in my sleep.

Were people's predictions about you as a child correct?

half right so far. everybody knew I was going to love art, but nobody ever expected me to give up my huge cat collection. they thought I'd always be a crazy cat lady.

1. when I was little, I collected things on my dresser. anything that was pretty went on top of my dresser, and nobody was allowed to touch it except me. there were all sorts of things. plastic jewels, make up, candy wrappers. anything that caught my eye.

2. I've been the same hight for four years.

3. I draw on myself all the time, but most people don't know about it because I draw under my clothing. full masterpieces on my stomach never seen by anyone but myself. today my bellybutton is a sun drawn in highlighter :l

what is the coolest thing you've ever seen in real life?

Blue Man Group, live in New York City, is up there. Oh man! I have many excellent memories of that night.

1) I am annoyed when writing "DDC Controls" at work because the 'C' stands for "Controls"

2) I am excited when introducing something loved to someone, and they love it as well.

3) I am conflicted when I see cute pets. And then I get over it.

What is a source of inner conflict to you?

Balance between pride and humbleness, but it's not too life changing. Meh.

1. If I wanted to, I could become a soldier for the military, since I would have the mental fortitude and control. Could use physical work though.

2. My favorite modern American Football player would be Ray Lewis (Despite having murder charges back then, even though they were proven false). He has an amazing will, heart, and spirit.

3. If I were to ever play one-on-one against Michael Jordan, I would be scared *BUYSOMEAPPLES*less. There's just no possible way I could win.

Do you ever take pride in knowing about something cool before it became famous?

Not really. I usually make the assumption that everything "hip" or "cool" that I know is outdated. I am more than usually right about it. On very rare seldom occassions, when I DO know something cool before anyone else, I don't take pride it but find it oddly humbling.

- When I was growing up, I loved legos (somepony else mentioned this and it made me smile). Because of it, I wanted to be an architect when I grew up and that was my plan. I excelled at drafting design and while in high school I took every elective I thought would be helpful; construction, drafting, advanced drafting, metal working, electronics, and the such. THEN, when I went to apply at the college, I found out something crucial... I apparently needed to know how to draw by hand. They were not facinated with my stick figures.

- I once engaged my cousins and brothers in an all out three stooges cream pie fight. It was for one of their birthdays and it was GLORIOUS.

- Due to a slight fish soup issue when I was but a wee lad, I cannot eat fish if it has a head on it. Doesn't matter how its prepared, if the head is still attached for whatever reason (seriously, why leave the head?!), I cannot even look at it without feeling my chest tighten, stomach clench, and jaw stiffen. But otherwise, I'll gobble it up like Princess Luna did to Pipsqueak.

When growing up, what super hero did you want to be like? If not a super hero, WHO did you want to grow up to be like?

when I was little, I thought that question was lame :l I always hated questions that involved goals or dreams when I was little. actually, I still do hate them to an extent.

1. in my neighborhood, there's a bunch of plants that give off fluff in the spring. sometimes on a windy day, it looks like it's snowing cotton. the whole ground gets blanketed in the stuff.

2. I love reading, but I don't have the patience to sit and read a book. when I read, I really enjoy it, but I can't get myself to pay attention long enough to get anywhere.

3. I'm really lucky when playing card games :l I play against people who play more than me all the time, but I still win 3/4 of the games I play

are you more of an indoor or an outdoor person? what's something you like to do while outdoors/indoors?

I'm really lucky when playing card games :l I play against people who play more than me all the time, but I still win 3/4 of the games I play

This reminds me of a girl I know who loves games, and her win ratio is amazing. She never talked strategy, or seemed to be trying particularly hard either.

I mentioned to a friend that I was really impressed at how fast she improved, and how naturally good she is, and he told me that he had been throwing the games to her. That is some dorky love. And also impressive that it was subtle enough to fly under our radar.

I am more comfortable indoors, and I love playing games.

I have more fun outside, and I love kayaking and sports.

I wish I was an outdoor person, but I am an indoor person.

1) I used to play violin. I quit because I wanted to continue to enjoy it.

2) One of the best new games is Dixit. I played it a few times, and then bought it for three copies for friends (they rave about it). At which point I realized that I still didn't have a copy, and would eventually buy my own.

3) I love teaching things. Anything and everything.

What is the most enjoyable part of your job?

Studies: Meeting people and spending time with them. What would world be like if not the others?

Last job: Keeping up with deadlines. Always great feeling to achieve something on time, while knowing others are counting on you.

1. I'm a poker player, and I take care for keeping my balance above my starting conditions.

2. I have acoustic guitar covering in dust in home town. I could be quite good with it, unfortunately, I lack the patience to practice.

3. I've spoken with Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll face to face, although you cannot consider it a long conversation.

Have you ever felt an urgent need to change yourself and did something towards achieving that?

I'd say, "who are you and what did you do with my friend?".

1) I changed a diaper for the first time yesterday. I knew how because I watched a youtube video.

2) I love colored pencils, even though i don't use them for art.

3) I'm excited about the ice sculptures being carved locally. I've seen them every year since arriving so far.

Where do you get news?

:l

Canterlot

if there's no topic made about it, I probably won't find out until way later. not a very efficient way of getting news

1) I was born on the first day of spring.

2) I have a scar on my head where I had surgery to get a mole removed because my mom thought it was skin cancer

3) I love hickory sticks :l like, I'd do all sorts of stuff to get them

look around you. what is the most interesting thing you can find? is there a story that goes with this object?

Canterlot

if there's no topic made about it, I probably won't find out until way later. not a very efficient way of getting news

Well. I bet that is nice. I feel like I absorb huge amounts of news in order to catch only a few worthy stories.

what is the most interesting thing you can find? is there a story that goes with this object?

A photo mashup of 8 of the most significant sites at Texas Tech, where I graduated. It was very well done. And it reminds me of:

Back when I was reading "Real Life Comics" the main character (who IS the author) went to one of the best BBQ places in Texas: Kreuz Market (rhymes with "kites"). I just happened to be within about 90 minutes of that place, and convinced some family to make the drive. We drug our feet, and didn't get there until about 1:30pm. We ate at a relaxed pace, and then went to a local craft fair, hung out and ended up buying this picture from a vendor, who had also handmade the wooden frame.

The problem?

When I got home, I checked the forum of real life comics, and discovered that the author, and about 20 of his fans had been in exactly those two places just barely before me in each case. If I had checked the forums FIRST, then I would have gotten to meet them!

1) My apt is decorated in brown and burgundy. Except for the rainbow of one-ofs.

2) I have more ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air-Conditioning Engineers) magazines in my place than all other magazines combined.

3) I went to an in-house meeting at work today, with important people from every department (I was there in lieu of a different important person). Looking around the room, I discovered that I knew the name of every single person in the room. It filled me with pride. This moment should have happened two years ago though.

What give you a sense of pride?

• Like 1

Knowing I learned how to do pastry and desserts just from my own drive and ambition, I had a person interviewing me comment on that!

1) I have a large tattoo on my chest of my first pet (a budgie) holding up a banner saying fearless. I got it with my first food industry paycheck

2) I won a national writing contest when I was 12 and was supposee to get a book published but flaked out editing it. Everyone thought I was going to grow up and be an author.

3) I started hanging out online back in 1993 when I was 13 so I relate to the foals hanging out here.

One kids toy you remember but don't have anymore?