Best way to tell my dad that I´m a brony

LightningFire

I think you should just enjoy what you enjoy and not say anything (or try to hide anything). Let him bring it up if he's curious about that cartoon you're watching -- no need to have a sit down discussion about it, yanno?

I agree with this. My parents didn't even care one bit, but maybe it's because I'm a girl and it's less "strange" to watch a show like this. I dunno.

I was the one to bring it up though. To start up a conversation I was sort of like, "There was this awesome episode of MLP today..." and my mom just asked, "You watch that?" I said yes, then she said, "I used to watch My Little Pony when I was your age." End of conversation. haha. xD

I think you should just enjoy what you enjoy and not say anything (or try to hide anything). Let him bring it up if he's curious about that cartoon you're watching -- no need to have a sit down discussion about it, yanno?

^This. I let my dad ask me about it after he saw me with a Fluttershy shirt. The confrontation went well, and two months later, he decided to sit down and watch an episode with me.

And to make it worse, HE´S A MILITARY MAN!!!.............Help. :scream:

You don't need to reveal anything. If he sees something or asks, tell him. No reason to have the talk. Just tell him you like it and compare it to quality cartoons of the 90s. Challenge his manhood and say he should watch an episode, for the lolz.

Also, there are plenty of military bronies. I work at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility. Bronies there. I have met a brony Marine when an LCAC needed repair and they sent of their own to check it out. There is another user on this forum who serves on an aircraft carrier, and I personally know a pilot who is called Dash by his comrades as a joke.

I recorded an episode and I forgot to delete it when I was done. He evidently saw it on the list and then looked at my bookmarks and saw this site along with EqD. Nothing changed. He pokes fun at it every now and then. I would only tell him as long as you are sure that you want to. Be straight forward about. Don't sound timid or ashamed. I really doubt anything will change.

Good Luck!

There's no reason to tell him unless he catches you somehow. I mean if he walks in and sees you surfing this site or watching an episode. Just explain it to him, I am sure he'll understand. My parents know about it and they don't really do anything. My dad is kinda sad that I like the show . But, everything will work out.

Guest EoLPinkie

With your voice, silly! :D It really depends on the pony though, some are more embarrassed than others. Be proud of what you like though, and just have fun!

Actually, maybe you could write him a letter... Dear Princess Cel Dad.