6:00AM G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero

6:30AM Transformers – Generation 1

7:00AM Transformers Prime

7:30AM The Super Hero Squad Show

8:00AM The Super Hero Squad Show

8:30AM Batman (1960s)

9:00AM Dan Vs.

9:30AM Batman: The Animated Series

10:00AM Transformers Rescue Bots (New Episodes)

10:30AM Transformers Rescue Bots

11:00AM The Aquabats! Super Show! (New Episodes)

11:30AM The Twisted Whiskers Show

12:00PM Strawberry Shortcake’s Berry Bitty Adventures (New Episodes)

12:30PM Strawberry Shortcake’s Berry Bitty Adventures

1:00PM My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (New Episodes)

1:30PM My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

2:00PM Pound Puppies

2:30PM Pound Puppies

3:00PM Family Game Night

Thoughts on this change?

For me, it is grand. It was on at 7:00 AM for me, which presented one of three scenarios. I was either working and had to have my lunch pre-planned, I had to cut short my Friday nights, or I had to rush and not have time to really enjoy the episode BEFORE work.

Truth, the second scenario was the most common. Now, I can conceivably be off of work and home by the time the episode airs, use my Friday night well, or take a somewhat 'normal' lunch at work. Saturdays are my least stressful work day, obviously. It also allows for my niece to have breakfast before she comes over on Saturday.

what timezone is this? it used to air at 10:00 am right? which was 9:00 am for me

so now it airs at noon? mm, now I'm more likely to be busy during ponies :/ I get up at 6:00 and we never go out before 10:00, so watching ponies in the morning has never been a problem for me.

what timezone is this? it used to air at 10:00 am right? which was 9:00 am for me

so now it airs at noon? mm, now I'm more likely to be busy during ponies :/ I get up at 6:00 and we never go out before 10:00, so watching ponies has never been a problem for me.

EST, so if you live in Central I can see how it would be a problem if you have that schedule.

That's a strange time change, as that's no longer the "prime time" of Saturday morning programming. Why would Hub do this with their spearhead series? I'm sure there are several reasons or arguments for this, but to me it looks like they're trying to attract viewership to some of their other shows in that time slot. I know that's a shocker, right?

Maybe they're trying to build the strength of the channel. It can't all be pony, can it? Maybe they're trying to demonstrate to the investors "Yeah, we can get watchers for this time slot using these shows. Our success doesn't hinge on one cartoon alone." Ha, are they in for a surprise! Or are they?

I don't think this will inconvenience anyone, really, considering how fast a fresh episode tends to get put up elsewhere after airing on the network. It is disturbingly curious that they would do this time slot change, though!

That's a strange time change, as that's no longer the "prime time" of Saturday morning programming. Why would Hub do this with their spearhead series? I'm sure there are several reasons or arguments for this, but to me it looks like they're trying to attract viewership to some of their other shows in that time slot. I know that's a shocker, right?

Well, we're more than half way through season 2... Ponies has consistantly been in that timeslot for several weeks. Was it at the same time for season 1 as it is now?

Regardless, The Hub probably wants to give spotlight to some other shows. I mean, MLP airs like every day on The Hub anyway, right? Kids are going to watch it no matter what time it's on.

I think the days of getting up early to watch Saturday morning shows are kind of gone. Parents stay up, they let their kids stay up, and then they both sleep late. So either they're trying to attract more views to other shows, or more views to ponies. Maybe they're not even sure; like I said, maybe they're experimenting at changing the shows around.

It's just something that happens when new shows are filtered in and olds shows are filtered out. Newer shows get better timeslots to promote them. Since MLP has been around for over a year, it's not a new show anymore and doesn't need a prime spot.

It is likely a mixture. On one hand, they are starting to realize that as long as it is reasonable, Pony will work well anywhere! At the same time, they want to attract viewers for some of their other shows and want to give them the 'primetime' saturday spot.

And if Ponies happen to gain some more viewership? Well, that's awesome too.

Well, we're more than half way through season 2... Ponies has consistantly been in that timeslot for several weeks. Was it at the same time for season 1 as it is now?

Regardless, The Hub probably wants to give spotlight to some other shows. I mean, MLP airs like every day on The Hub anyway, right? Kids are going to watch it no matter what time it's on.

I think the days of getting up early to watch Saturday morning shows are kind of gone. Parents stay up, they let their kids stay up, and then they both sleep late. So either they're trying to attract more views to other shows, or more views to ponies. Maybe they're not even sure; like I said, maybe they're experimenting at changing the shows around.

It's just something that happens when new shows are filtered in and olds shows are filtered out. Newer shows get better timeslots to promote them. Since MLP has been around for over a year, it's not a new show anymore and doesn't need a prime spot.

Very well said! I think you're spot on here. As with anything, we'll have to see how this development pans out in due time.

...But that doesn't change the fact that next week is no ponies! The horror! :wail:

I don't know how I feel about this. Does this read as boy's show morning girl's shows off prime morning time to anyone else?

Yes. That was sort of what I was trying to say in my earlier post but never really fleshed out that point.

This brings up an interesting issue that's never really been discussed before: what about the males in the target age group for FiM? I'm assuming they've probably been raised to shun girlstuff already and might not even give FiM a shot. I know that's assuming quite a bit, but it is something to think about. If we asked a 5 to 13-year-old boy if he liked watching My Little Pony, what response would we get? Can and do colt bronies exist, and is this latest timeslot move part of Hub's motive to get the target other half of their audience (for a change) to watch their morning programming?

This brings up an interesting issue that's never really been discussed before: what about the males in the target age group for FiM? I'm assuming they've probably been raised to shun girlstuff already and might not even give FiM a shot. I know that's assuming quite a bit, but it is something to think about. If we asked a 5 to 13-year-old boy if he liked watching My Little Pony, what response would we get? Can and do colt bronies exist, and is this latest timeslot move part of Hub's motive to get the target other half of their audience (for a change) to watch their morning programming?

I wouldn't doubt it. Most little boys probaby wouldn't even give FiM a chance (unless they had sisters). Ponies are for girls, it's like a rule.

I think we're missing another possibility: This show appeals to older fans as well. I dont just mean the online community, but I'm sure preteens and teens dig it too. At 1 on saturday, it's still part of the Saturday morning lineup for the kiddies, but it's late enough for older fans who don't like to get up early on a Saturday morning after a week of work or (junior)high school and a night of partying.

How did we survive in a DVR-less world? I don't care what time it's on, just as long as my DVR scoops it up. Still, the show deserves to be in a prime spot (8PM). It's not like the Hub has anything else to watch... :blah:

I don't know how relevant this could be but the Hub will have a new show this summer. Kaijudo. It's a reboot of the old card game Duel Masters which was very succesful in Japan but was sued into oblivion by Konami (Yugioh) for the manner in which they used the word 'Duel'.

Kaijudo is already confirmed for the Hub.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wizards-of-the-coast-and-hasbro-announce-kaijudo-139055799.html

http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Kaijudo

http://www.comicbooked.com/wizards-hasbro-announce-kaijudo/

I think we're missing another possibility: This show appeals to older fans as well. I dont just mean the online community, but I'm sure preteens and teens dig it too. At 1 on saturday, it's still part of the Saturday morning lineup for the kiddies, but it's late enough for older fans who don't like to get up early on a Saturday morning after a week of work or (junior)high school and a night of partying.

I think this was a huge influence on the decision to change the time, it just makes sense from a business stand point, especially since Hasbro's trying to figure out what to do about the whole Brony phenomenon.