Mane RP Character question

sleeps

So I have been developing my character who is at the age of a colt but I wanted him to still be a blank flank to add a flaw to his personality. I didn't see any rules against older ponies not having cutie marks but it did also mention that you should either provide a picture or describe it. I figured it would be good to ask before I submitted him.

You aren't the first. My character Cloudius is an older colt and still doesn't have his cutie-mark. He knows exactly what his talent is, sculpting clouds, but that's the problem. He realised his talent before his body and magic was ready to form a cutie-mark and it's that moment of epiphany that seems to do the trick. He hopes to one day do a cloud sculkpture so amazing, so inspiring that it will take his skill to a new level, and that will kick off his cutie-mark.

You aren't the first. My character Cloudius is an older colt and still doesn't have his cutie-mark. He knows exactly what his talent is, sculpting clouds, but that's the problem. He realised his talent before his body and magic was ready to form a cutie-mark and it's that moment of epiphany that seems to do the trick. He hopes to one day do a cloud sculkpture so amazing, so inspiring that it will take his skill to a new level, and that will kick off his cutie-mark.

Hmmm well I giess i'll submit my character for now.

That's not really a unique trait or flaw for a character, just letting you know. :)

Also, the Application Form answers your question, which is something you should read before submitting a character. :P

Remember that Mares and Stallions ALWAYS have their Cutie Marks. Fillies and Colts may or may not, but many do.

So I have been developing my character who is at the age of a colt but I wanted him to still be a blank flank to add a flaw to his personality. I didn't see any rules against older ponies not having cutie marks but it did also mention that you should either provide a picture or describe it. I figured it would be good to ask before I submitted him.

I think there's a missunderstanding here...

Human "Kids" = Pony "Foals"

Human "little boys" = pony "colts"

Human "Little girls" = pony "Fillies"

Human Adult Males = pony Stallion

Human Adult Female = pony Mare

Despite the prevelence of dissinformation on the internet about "colt = male pony" this is not true, a colt is a male foal.

I think what your asking is if you can have a *Stallion* who lacks his cutiemark...?

I think there's a missunderstanding here...

Human "Kids" = Pony "Foals"

Human "little boys" = pony "colts"

Human "Little girls" = pony "Fillies"

Human Adult Males = pony Stallion

Human Adult Female = pony Mare

Despite the prevelence of dissinformation on the internet about "colt = male pony" this is not true, a colt is a male foal.

I think what your asking is if you can have a *Stallion* who lacks his cutiemark...?

That might be what I'm asking because the age rule thing did confuse me a bit. If I had to put him in human years I would say late teens ( like 17 or 18 ).

Seems to me that Colt/Filly is sort of used as an equivalent for teenage years here (as opposed to foal for younger children).

I believe I've seen some older fillies and colts without cutie marks get approved though, so you might be okay there.

Seems to me that Colt/Filly is sort of used as an equivalent for teenage years here (as opposed to foal for younger children).

I believe I've seen some older fillies and colts without cutie marks get approved though, so you might be okay there.

I guess maybe if I edited to say " Older Colt " it will make sense.

its usually confusing, because 'filly' can be used to describe a mare, the same way 'girl' can be used to describe a woman. It's all in the context of the character, i guess. For app reasons, a filly is strictly a filly. But a mare could be called a filly in RP. Perhaps a young character who does not have their cutie mark yet is conflicted because his friends say he's not a 'stallion' until he gets his cutie mark, even though he may be of stallion age. But like MyLittlePonyTales said, it's not unique enough for the the character to not have their cutie mark yet. And if you can't think of something that makes your character unique, usually issuing them a cutie mark is the best way to do it. Entertaining the possibility of having a character find their cutie mark in RP is also available.