Anyone aching for a spitfire episode?

Bronynumber299

More wonderbolts please!

Ya know, I didn't realize they were wearing uniforms until I saw the daydream of Rainbow wearing the uniform. I thought it was just odd markings and such.

Plot Ideas?

RD discovering that she is not good enough on talent alone. That she is actually going to have to take training seriously, and practice even when she doesn't feel like it.

RD discovering at tryouts (she gets an auto-invite for winning a best young flier competition) that flight shows are 10% the ability to maneuver, and 90% being a synchronized team, and the latter is where she is lacking. She doesn't make the cut...

RD discovering at tryouts (she gets an auto-invite for winning a best young flier competition) that flight shows are 10% the ability to maneuver, and 90% being a synchronized team, and the latter is where she is lacking. She doesn't make the cut...

THIS. this is a great idea because i can see it happening. if RD were denied a spot on the wonderbolts the cause would more than likely stem from her massive ego. but whether it would break her or humble her is the question

I think it would be awesome to see more of spitfire, or any of the wonderbolts.... That would be wicked.

I'm thinking of an idea for an episode/fanfic... She goes to the open tryouts, but is actually denied entry for unnamed reasons. she then stalks to wonderbolts and pesters them until they finally break down and tell her, "We CAN'T let you in! We may be famous, but you're a LEGEND. Ponies would think that we only brought you in as a way to get more publicity, i mean, one of the holders of the Elements of Harmony, the pegasus who achieved in creating a sonic rainboom TWICE, and the pony who saved Equestria a dozen times joining up with the wonderbolts... Sure that would be great, but ponies would think we did it just because you're a celebrity!"

Kinda like she's overqualified, she's already famous enough, she doesnt need to be MORE famous... but they eventually let her at least tag along with them on a few shows as a guest...

I think it would be awesome to see more of spitfire, or any of the wonderbolts.... That would be wicked.

I'm thinking of an idea for an episode/fanfic... She goes to the open tryouts, but is actually denied entry for unnamed reasons. she then stalks to wonderbolts and pesters them until they finally break down and tell her, "We CAN'T let you in! We may be famous, but you're a LEGEND. Ponies would think that we only brought you in as a way to get more publicity, i mean, one of the holders of the Elements of Harmony, the pegasus who achieved in creating a sonic rainboom TWICE, and the pony who saved Equestria a dozen times joining up with the wonderbolts... Sure that would be great, but ponies would think we did it just because you're a celebrity!"

Kinda like she's overqualified, she's already famous enough, she doesnt need to be MORE famous... but they eventually let her at least tag along with them on a few shows as a guest...

You sir have good ideas.

You sir have good ideas.

Why thank you ^^

I agree with Foxy's idea. It would be interesting to see that happen, though what goal would Rainbow go for next?

hehe, i'm foxy ^^

Hm, very true... i suppose if she was told that her ultimate goal would never be, than that would probably bug her to some degree, even if they did say she was more famous... hm... Maybe she tries to start her own flight group?.... GAAAAAAASSPP! SCOOTALOO GOES TO THE FIRST TRYOUTS AND TRIES TO IMPRESS DASH! *bounce bounce bounce* I need to go to studio B and talk to these people...

Why thank you ^^

hehe, i'm foxy ^^

Hm, very true... i suppose if she was told that her ultimate goal would never be, than that would probably bug her to some degree, even if they did say she was more famous... hm... Maybe she tries to start her own flight group?.... GAAAAAAASSPP! SCOOTALOO GOES TO THE FIRST TRYOUTS AND TRIES TO IMPRESS DASH! *bounce bounce bounce* I need to go to studio B and talk to these people...

Sounds like good fanfic material to me! Go go!

but whether it would break her or humble her is the question

It would break her. This is why it's not been addressed, imo. The only thing Worse for Rainbow would be completely losing her ability to fly forever (which I think is the one and only thing that might put suisidal thoughts in her head - nothing else, not even losing her dream of being a wonderbolt, would hit her that hard)

"We CAN'T let you in! We may be famous, but you're a LEGEND. Ponies would think that we only brought you in as a way to get more publicity, i mean, one of the holders of the Elements of Harmony, the pegasus who achieved in creating a sonic rainboom TWICE, and the pony who saved Equestria a dozen times joining up with the wonderbolts... Sure that would be great, but ponies would think we did it just because you're a celebrity!"

Nobody knows about her being an Element of Harmony, nor that she's saved the world. That's one of the major points of confusion in the fandom is that she is NOT famous for all that. Sonic Rainboom, yes, everypony knows about, but it's not *that* impressive obviously (otherwise she'd be signing autographs and cutting to the front of every line, including cider season)

Now not letting her in because she IS an element, that I think is more realistic - she has to be on-call 24/7 and cant say "what? the worlds in danger, my 5 best friends are in a mortal-battle with the uber-bad, and you need me to wield my element? sorry I'm in the middle of a show, I'll be there in a few hours" dont think that would go over well with Celestia... not to mention the other mane 5...

GAAAAAAASSPP! SCOOTALOO GOES TO THE FIRST TRYOUTS AND TRIES TO IMPRESS DASH!

You want a cruel idea? take that part of your plot and instead make it she goes with Dash to try out for the wonderbolts... and dash is turned down, but Scootaloo is accepted! Now there's you a hatchet between them...

I just realized I never even replied to the OP >.<

I dont know why everyone is so intent on spitfire... I'd like to see Soarin, and/or an episode that explains the Wonderbolt's true purpose and perhaps their founding back in the days of yore. Maybe one that shows young soarin (and if you insist, spitfire) admiring the wonderbolts and saying "one day We'll be up there!" (With an ironic Echo of the same line from Dash in an earlier/later part of the episode)

And yes, soemthing like this would be great:

(spoilered for image size)

biggest_fans_by_rubrony-d4i03c2.png

Don't forget that RD already did a rainboom as a filly, so it wasn't like it was unexpected to the Cloudsdale crowd as a whole during Sonic Rainboom.

That would be very twisted to have Scoots recruited to the Wonderbolts before Dash -- but she has to learn to fly first!

That would be very twisted to have Scoots recruited to the Wonderbolts before Dash -- but she has to learn to fly first!

Oh that's nothing, I have a plan for a story (that is in progress actually) where Dash tries out for the wonderbolts...

She's accepted! ...but it's NOTHING like she dreamed. When her friends go with her to see her off, Spitfire comments about them being "common trash" that "You dont need them now, your w wonderbolt!" which doesnt set well with Dash, obviously, then she asks where Soarin was, and Spitfire tells her that he was fired and they got Dash to replace him. Why? because he was being too soft, he gave free tickets to a dieing colt and has been known to allow young foals who cant afford admission in for free! (and again, Dash is unsettled)

When they get to the compound (which is situated on a soot-cloud over a volcano to make it far too dangerous for non-pegasai), she is issued a uniform and told to wear it 24/7, because if a guard sees her without it they will kick her out. Dash asks about her friends visiting and is told that NO ONE is allowed there except wonderbolts, and no she CAN NOT eve write to them! (and of course reminded that they're "common trash")

The worst part is the uniform... they ran out of pegasus uniforms and had to give Dash an earth-pony one (yes this is fridge logic, but at the end of the story it turns into fridge brilliance when The Cat Came Back), so there are no wing-holes, thus dash is forced to never fly despite now being a wonderbolt... And her duties include doing laundry, cooking, and essentially being the janitor and handy-pony

When nobody hears from her after a month, Fluttershy tracks her down and the wonderbolts attack. Dash protects her 'sister' and metaphoricalyl spits fire back at spitfire with lines like "I cant believe I ever respected you all, your nothing but a bunch of Jerks!" then she rips off her uniform and throws it into the volcano. Quitting then and there, her dreams destroyed forever.

...except that none of it was real - it was all an 'illusion' set up by (the villian) to break dash and in the end, she breaks it instead...

So a lot of cool ideas have been kicked around, and while I doubt there would be an episode dedicated to Spitfire alone, I could totally see an episode dedicated to the Wonderbolts. What the espiode would contain, I don't know, but what I do know is that a WB episode is not entirely impossible.

Sounds like good fanfic material to me! Go go!

It shall be done!

Nobody knows about her being an Element of Harmony, nor that she's saved the world. That's one of the major points of confusion in the fandom is that she is NOT famous for all that.

You want a cruel idea? take that part of your plot and instead make it she goes with Dash to try out for the wonderbolts... and dash is turned down, but Scootaloo is accepted! Now there's you a hatchet between them...

I disagree on the nobody knows part... okay, she might not be FAMOUS for it, but come on... someone wouldve figured it out... she was there when nightmare moon was disrupted, and Luna came back, they have her likeness printed on stained glass, whenever there is big trouble the princess herself calls them up to help out.... SOMEBODY has to know, although maybe its kinda like how police and fireman are in our world... sure we know what they do and we respect them for it, but if you're standing with them in the grocery store you're not going to bow down and worship the ground they walk on...

Or with the sonic rainboom, a guy might come up to you in line and say "Hey, i broke the world record for longest distance jumped by riding a motorcycle over Niagara falls" You= "Congrats! now get in the back of the line and wait like everyone else..."

So i believe that it's known, it's a big event, and people respect her for it, but nobody is really reacting to it... sure she has fans, but the general public doesnt react much to it.

Oh, and about your idea, i'm sure it's been done, and i dont think i woudl want to do it... instead i'll do a murder mystery =D

Oh, and about your idea, i'm sure it's been done, and i dont think i woudl want to do it... instead i'll do a murder mystery =D

WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO KILL DASHIE!!! *weeps hard*

Wow Ash, that fic sounds very deep. I'd like to read it when you're all done!

There'a a LOT more to it than just that one part about Dashie, I've almost finished Chapter 1, which is the setup for that part. IF your interested I might post it up when it's finished, but dont expect anything like regular updates... This is the one way I can sincerely and completely relate to rarity, I must be 'in the zone' to write properly, anything I just toss off without proper inspiration is flat and dull... (though I do take that time to proofread at least...)

OH GOD NO! Not Dashie! I was just thinking up a story about serial murders with the antagonists....not Dash....

*whew* that's a relief.... wait... she's not the murderess is she? Unless she's killing rarity... Props to you for finding hte hidden message!.

Why do there need to be any murders?

Because a story about a vicious assailant who thwaps you with a wet trout arent nearly as scary... and becides we'd all know form the start that the antagonist was Pinkie ;):P

Because a story about a vicious assailant who thwaps you with a wet trout arent nearly as scary... and becides we'd all know form the start that the antagonist was Pinkie ;-):P

I deny everything!

mlfw2476_small.png

Edit: Is murderess a word, Ash? I like the sound of it. :mad:

Why do there need to be any murders?

Eh, it's just an idea of mine... sort of the 'get rid of the bad people so the good people can be happy' sort of thing...

*whew* that's a relief.... wait... she's not the murderess is she? Unless she's killing rarity... Props to you for finding hte hidden message!.

in my story, nope...

Because a story about a vicious assailant who thwaps you with a wet trout arent nearly as scary... and becides we'd all know form the start that the antagonist was Pinkie ;-):P

Sorry, not her either... the ONE person you'd never expect...

I deny everything!

mlfw2476_small.png

Edit: Is murderess a word, Ash? I like the sound of it. :mad:

*wags finger* What did i tell you about you and your cupcakes?