Writing?

Bronynumber299

Okay so simple question with simple rules.Question:So are writing any thing?If so what is it and whats it about like genre.Rules:You can write anything fanfic, story history report, oatmeal? anything it dosn't have to be MLP FIM related.Nd tell us title and what's it about (so we can find it when it gets published.) and finally Genre.Oh and I don't want to hear about a clopfic or something soley like about that stuff.But I have faith in you!

I'm in the process in writing like three stories none of them are MLP FiM related.One is called The Dark Nights.It's about this kid who lost his family to werewolves then found this secret group called The Dark Nights who helps kids like him.And thats just the prolouge.Four years later he is fourteen and is a monster hunter like every other Dark Night.But when a simple estraction mission becomes a life or death situations our main character Ethan finds out that something is going on then the next day he gets kidnapped.Genre:Horror?Fantasy?Fiction.

Number Two is called Dark Twilight Sparkle (No just Dark Twilight.)Whats it about?After every adult in Screaton (and possibly the whole world) get something called the disease only kids are left to fend for themselves because they are immune...or so they thought.It just has a different effect on kids it gives them super human powers.The main character forgets his real name everybody just calls him Dark Twilight and his brother takes over the town with amazing smarts.He starts making factories and labs to see what else he could do.Dark Twilight finds out that his brother is going to send out his repulsive test subjects on the world he needs to stop his brother.Dark Twilight does not have any powers but has awesome weapons like a cane that can turn into a torch or a grappeling hook and a voice activated bomb disguised as a hat.

So thats it for me now what about you?

I'm currently working on a short story for a creative writing class. It's about five people who wake up in a room that seems to defy the laws of physics, they have no memory of how they got there, and they don't know how to get out. It's kind of a horror scifi mystery thing with a little romance.

I might as well post this:

I actually had many ideas when I was younger, in fact I used to be a very decent writer in days long gone.

I have had at least 10 different series ideas in mind when I was younger but the one that somehow stuck with me was a series I created as a kids action cartoon show.

Now an admission: I am a big fan of the superhero mythos, with cool and interesting characters all around I am deeply attracted to characters like Batman and even Robocop.

That series was a show I called Cyber Police Force: Teknabunnies

Yes a nice long silly sounding name to go along the likes of Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles or Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, but like those mentioned above is actually a lot better then the title sounds if you are a fan of those shows that is.

The Teknabunnies was a series about four cybernetic humanoid rabbits who protected their planet from a vast array of villains.

Now as for the name Teknabunnies, well yes it looks like I called it that because “poor literacy is kewl!” but look at it this way the name Technobunnies (a possible name I had for the show) sounds like a show about a bunch of rabbits that go out to a disco and BOOGAY! Or something of that sort so yes I had good reasons other then “poor literacy is kewl!”

Anyway I guess its time I actually explained my concept a little more so not to sound like an idiot like I normally do.

First lets set up the story:

I set up this series on another planet orbiting a large gas giant and yes I came up with the idea before seeing what Cameron did with his movie Avatar, my favorite solar body in our solar system is the moon Titan a moon with an atmosphere and I liked the idea and it will stay despite that movie.

Another concept to get out of the way is that every character in the series is a humanoid rabbit, I dont want the “Sonic syndrome” here where all the people are different kinds of animals.

This move was inspired by the series Swat Kats, I liked the idea of all the characters coming from the same gene pool as opposed to wondering what the kid would look like if you got Cream the Rabbit and Tails the fox hitched and had a child.

As a science fiction geek of course I made this planet populated by a semi futuristic society, with laser beams, high tech cybernetics and robotics but I will note that the technology in this series is not meant to predict any possible technology or anything but if I could take a stab on how advanced this planet is, probably about a hundred years or so ahead of us.

But socially they are not that far ahead, they still face crimes, terror and wars and with technology always advancing the law on this planet has made several changes to catch up.

Gone is simple Kevlar and standard police armor, the police are fully armored with electronic shields and stuff like that.

A project to create the next generation of the police was forged, project Teknabunny.

Of course this basically sums up the main idea as “Robocop for kids” but add in the words “done right”

As opposed to stripping down a R rated series to a Kids TV show this would create its own universe and its own characters.

Speaking of whom, the main characters of the story are two police officers who volunteer to the project after getting badly hurt in a battle.

First there is Ralph Bunny, the de-facto “leader” of the team, and then there is his partner Sunny Rabbiera who is the team battle tank.

I decided that for a good change of pace I would make the male leader of the group a geek of sorts, he is very skilled at electronics, he knows how to work computers and is a very good strategist.

But don't let his geeky personality fool you, I made sure he does not fall into the simplistic role of the geek as he can and will kick ass when provoked.

Then there is Sunny, who is of course the badass of the team.

She is quick tempered, has a very snarky sense of humor and yes she is pretty much a female version of Wolverine with large ears.

But on the other hand to make her not as blatant she is not as rude as wolvie, she is far from being a standoff and actually supports her commander directly instead of being reckless all the time.

I did intend to balance the two out to make them stand out more and not seem like generic superhero characters.

Of course just describing them wont help but its the best I can do for now.

Now as the series goes on I actually intended there to be two more main heroes, so that we could have an even team and not suffer from power rangers syndrome where it seems some characters get more focus then others.

In season two I would have introduced first the character Joshua Cottontail A.K.A “White flash rabbit” the team speedster,

He is cocky, arrogant and a bit of a smart ass, but that's actually just all for show as he is actually a bit shy and a little overwhelmed by his new found powers.

I made him to give Ralph and Sunny some tension at first but as he progresses he actually gets used to the others and to his new situation and becomes a core member of the team, he is just cocky because he is not used to the teamwork thing.

Then to round them off is Selena Lopear, Selena is perhaps the most underdeveloped of the cast as I still dont know if I feel right about her character.

Currently she is sort of the well “Emo” character of the group, but that would only be there to balance out the arrogance of Josh, while Josh seems cocky and over confident Selena is introspective and silent and barely talks unless she feels it is needed.

Not saying she is overly obsessed with how bad things are or whatever, she just seems to be the one who is least likely to work well with the others.

With Josh yes his arrogance is a hurdle at first but once he gets used to working with others he becomes more flexible and far less self centered.

Selena is very morally ambiguous at times, almost an 90's era anti hero though I am tried to forge her out more.

All were made into cyborgs by the mysterious Doctor Cybonno who's past is shrouded in deep secrets.

With that said I think I might as well go ahead and talk about the villains and set ups for the show:

first lets talk about the set up, on the technologically advanced world of Lapinia (derived from the French word for rabbit, the name of the race of humanoid rabbits are referred to as Lapinans.) there is still crime, war, and acts of terror and corruption.

With technology always running fast ahead the criminals have become very high tech, and some have put entire cities under the rules of terror.

One of the most troubled cities is New Horizon this worlds equivalent to both New York and Los Angeles, it is a very key city to the nation the story all takes place in and with that status criminal organizations take advantage installing fear across the nation New Galsa (the America analog)

One of the largest threats to the city is the renegade general Yeltsik Rabbinitski, who is basically a call back to the old style cold war villains if you could not tell that already.

His organization the Red stars seem to be attacking at random and no one can see the pattern of terror they leave in their wake.

That is until Ralph Bunny and Sunny Rabbiera catch on to it, they go out to try to get leads but that is where they fall victim to their fate.

Once the red Stars see the police might be on to them they attack the two officers, the two escape but while trying to speed away from the red Stars who chase after them they get into a car wreck and are injured.

To make sure the FCC would not breathe down my neck they are pretty much unharmed but they are wary of another encounter.

But then the scientist doctor Cybunno comes forward with his plans and their lives are changed forever, they like the idea of giving some payback with his Project Teknabunny.

Using his machine, the cybernizer they become the Teknabunnies.

But as fate would have it the police Commandant does not want them on the force after seeing the damage they could do to public property due to their newfound powers, they are stripped down as officers and become a vigilante force.

What they don't know is that the Commandant is a member of a rouge organization known as Obelisk yet another group of villains i will introduce here in a bit.

The Teknabunnies go underground and soon face the entire criminal world on their own and becoming heroes to those who they protect.

Now they have to major villain forces to deal with, as said above there is Yeltsik and his Red Stars, they want to bring down Obelisk by attacking various companies and people associated with them.

Now like typical villains in cartoons they try not to kill unless it is needed, so far they have not killed anyone but the police and the Teknabunnies both want to bring them down before they get a chance to do so.

The other force is actually far more dangerous, Obelisk comes into to play after the fall of the Red Stars in the end of the first season.

They become the main villains from season two on to the fourth season where I intend to end things.

Obilisk actually has more global intentions, they want to gain power so they can you guessed it, take over the world.

But instead of world domination, its more like world control.

Instead of one person who commands the organization Obelisk is ruled by a council of three.

They want take Cybunnos technology and use it to create an army of cyborg soldiers using the subjects of a experiment to create a new breed of Lapinans.

So yes the use of eugenics comes into play here.

The Scientist Max Mono created a race he calls the Geno Augments to be an army in Obelisks plans, but the Geno Augments are a little unstable and live for only a week.

Turning them into cyborgs would fix this issue.

So you have something from the past, made somewhat new in both cases,

The Tenabunnies face many other dangers too, like the various experiments made by Obilisk, like self aware robots who want to make all Lapinans into slaves, mutant rejects from the Obelisk gene labs, and even regular criminals get a shot once in a while.

But yeh there is the pitch, but I doubt I will ever get someone to swing.

I know most of this has been done before, but hey I would have tried to make it look good.

I may post up more details later but I wanted to pop the main pitch.

By the way all this is covered under a creative commons license so no need to worry about my legal rights.

I've had severe writers block lately, I can come up with ideas, but when I try to write them out, they just done connect like they're supposed to and/or fall flat. Inspiration is there but my Muse has been kidnapped...

I've had severe writers block lately, I can come up with ideas, but when I try to write them out, they just done connect like they're supposed to and/or fall flat. Inspiration is there but my Muse has been kidnapped...

Writers block is actually pretty easy to overcome compared to creative burnout.

Its been three years now and i still have had the lack of energy to write anything again.

I have my ideas, I have my concepts and everything in place but i really lack the energy and drive.

Writing was easy when you're young, when any idea you think of is cool.

For example, re-reading things I've written in the fifth grade make me gag and hate myself due to the sheer corniness and horrible sentence structure. The problem is, I'm too caught up in trying to make it flawless, and about a day after, I reread it and hate it entirely. I can never trust people's opinions, simply because they're going to lie and say "Oh it's lovely" when they know that it's garbage.

That, or they genuinely think it's good, and I just think it's garbage.

For example, re-reading things I've written in the fifth grade make me gag and hate myself due to the sheer corniness and horrible sentence structure. The problem is, I'm too caught up in trying to make it flawless, and about a day after, I reread it and hate it entirely. I can never trust people's opinions, simply because they're going to lie and say "Oh it's lovely" when they know that it's garbage.

I agree completly to bad I'm still a little young.

I know my creative juices have frozen over winter.

er... mine's actually a little mors specific than that... if you want to know I'll PM you, it's a bit of a long story...

Writers block is actually pretty easy to overcome compared to creative burnout.

Its been three years now and i still have had the lack of energy to write anything again.

I have my ideas, I have my concepts and everything in place but i really lack the energy and drive.

Have you tried commenting on other people's ideas and offering then suggestions? that will let you use up some ideas and might help :)

There's some point in there when it changes. I read back on some of the stuff I read when I was 12, and I find beautiful ideas, but the style and grammar are atrocious. One day I may re-write those ideas properly, because they were suprisingly good... (but then I go back a year or two and I get then "epic" 1-page story that sounds insanely stupid)

I have a fanfic project that I'm working on, I think it has potential to be truly innovative but if done incorrectly this could easily be an awful mess of a story. It's a self-insert story which I know will probably be an immediate turn off for some but the story is based off true events. Mainly the story will focus on how I had to run away from home, cross three states and deal with many other things all for the sake of attending bronycon. I haven't worked out how I will do it yet but there will be interactions between myself and the mlp cast. I'm taking my time writing this because I don't want to simply insert myself in some pony fantasy but captivate the reader as they find out what exactly happened to me that day. The biggest challenge of all is figuring out how to work the mane 6 into the story in a convincing and entertaining way. Any suggestions will not be disregarded.

I'm doing a little fanfic writing myself.I'm thinking up a sequel to Scootaloo's Shrine and making a gorefic a sadfic and a clopfic just to pass time and to make sure I won't do it again.Like getting it out of my system.

I hope you do! I love your writing.

• 2 weeks later...

My writing projects(Most Discontinued)

Reyna's Journey:A Minecraft Fanfic about running away from civilisation when you've done something wrong

Memoirs of a rainbow(Name to change,seems too corny,and I think somepony else has used that):A short Rainbow Dash storyline which has RD Having Nightmares about Ponies being killed for some evil purpose.She tries to track down the source,and it leads her to an abandoned Rainbow Factory.

Adventures on earth(This is a series):The mane six are transmuted into humans and sent to earth.They meet up with a group of bronies(Plus a non brony)Who they have to team up with to stop Nightmare Moon(She is transported as well,it happens as a "what if?" storyline,where they have to use the elements to send her to a different dimention)

I'm actually in the process of writing a couple of fanfics of varying types... I think i've 'completed' two so far and still working on 3 or 4... all MLP related right now...

The Third Alicorn conspiracy

Adventure

http://www.fimfictio...orn-Conspiracy-

Twilight Sparkle grows ever curious about the two Princesses, one of her questions being 'how is Prince Blueblood related to them?" If he's both of their nephews... than that logically would mean that there is ANOTHER Sister... but how can she prove it? Twilight begins her search for clues, asking the princesses themselves, who both seem to be unwilling to answer, and blueblood himself, who knows nothing... however a few key clues sends her off in search of the third alicorn...

Derpy's star role

http://www.fimfictio...y%27s-Star-Role

Derpy was just an extra in a kids television show, working two jobs to support her daughter has been tough, but a recent rise in her popularity has given her the opportunity to have her own lines in the show! she eagerly accepts the offer and soon this triggers a huge uproar of support from the fandom... but at the same time, concern begins to brew, and Derpy finds her biggest scene being replaced... by some Ditzy blonde...

War over the Sun

Adventure

http://www.fimfictio...ar-over-the-Sun

Dragons on the other side of the world believe that Celestia has too much power. she rules over Equestria, and yet she has the power to control the sun, something that affects the entire world. tired of living through the colds nights of their homeland, the dragons decide that they must kill Celestia and take her power. After escaping death, Celestia orders Eqeustria to prepare for war, including her six favorite subjects, asking them for their support and for them to go out ans search for more help.

The mane six find that their preconceptions of war are not what they had thought. Dash finds out that jumping in for a fight against an enemy in war can mean death, fluttershy discovers that sometimes fleeing is not an option, and that you have to stand up for your friends... and Twilight discovers that the darkness in ponies' hearts don't always leave completely... not even the princess of the night...

(It's my favorite story, but it's not getting as much support as i'd like...)

Natural Chaos

http://www.fimfictio...5/Natural-Chaos

Years after the Discord incident, the Cutie mark crusaders head over to the Canterlot gardens for a stroll... but once again release Discord from his prison... however this time, he simply wants to talk... and as it turns out, his words have more power than any magic anyone could possess...

Untitled story (still in early stages)

What if Twilight never made any friends? What if she went into the Everfree forest alone in an attempt to search for the Elements of harmony? What if nightmare moon's eternal night truly came to be? Twilight Sparkle finds herself in a position where she is offered to be the star pupil of the most evil creature in equestria. will her loyalty towards Celestia keep her strong and steadfast against the evil nightmare moon? Or will the desire for knowledge and power drive her to the dark side?

If anyone wants any more details i'd be happy to answer any questions =3