WORST Ships...

TemplarFrost

Raridash? No thanks! Applejack is by far the best ship for Rarity.

They are the only two we have seen in bed together on screen....

(I shouldn't have gone there should I....)

For me any CMC ships are just wrong. Wrong.

Edit to note that for whatever reason when I clicked on this I didn't see any more than the first page, didn't know I was doing a zombie-ish reply. :P

Edited by Kendrick

Worst for me, is RumbleLane. Why would you draw that?

I also hate...

ShiningSparkle

FlimFlam

PinkieCord

BraeJack

MacinCarmel

PinkamenaPinkie

Chrysalis- Anybody

And SoarinPie. No, not Soarin' with Pinkie Pie, Soarin' with actual bucking pie.

Pretty neutral on the Chrysalis one, I guess it depends on how it is written. Mac and Caramel doesn't really bug me at all because I don't view them as related in canon, but the rest of those, yeah they can go die in a fire.

My good friend and I have always hated PipLuna. She has a rant all about it on DA, but she uses some colorful vocabulary, and gets a little out of control about it, so I won't link.

I can understand that frustration.

After all:

Luna is a Goddess-like Princess figure, likely hundreds of thousands of years old.

Pipsqueak is only a few years old.

I don't see how any Brony of any sort of sane or insane state could write that with good intentions.

With the exception of Discord x Anyone (Especially Pinkie or Celestia, but I've seen Discord x Derpy and Discord x Spike before. Ick) which I hate, I'm actaully pretty neutral on most of these. Even the incest ones just make me laugh, rather than give any kind of squick.

Worst for me, is RumbleLane. Why would you draw that?

Even this. I certainly don't agree with it, but it amuses me to think that someone decided to do it. :P

My good friend and I have always hated PipLuna. She has a rant all about it on DA, but she uses some colorful vocabulary, and gets a little out of control about it, so I won't link.

Link it. Just note it as NSFW, I think that's okay. I do like me some good rants.

Pretty neutral on the Chrysalis one, I guess it depends on how it is written.

May I remind you that she's an insect? I highly doubt that she even feels love. She is just a parasite who looks for a host to, well...

Think "Aliens" man.

May I remind you that she's an insect? I highly doubt that she even feels love. She is just a parasite who looks for a host to, well...

Think "Aliens" man.

Well to be honest we don't actually know that, for one she isn't six legged like any insect if you want to get technical (and also shaped like a mammalian horse). Much more likely she is a chimera that doesn't match any animal Class or Phylum exactly in the real world.

Of course real world insects have no emotions or feelings because they all have simple nervous systems that only allow them to instinctively respond to external stimuli. Now if you have one that has a complex cerebral cortex with human level ability to reason and be self-aware and who knows what it would be like in its views.

We are not truly aware of how a Changling even feeds, they don't appear to consume organic matter, but emotional energy, which again would have them defy conventional animal classification.

Also xenomorphs are aliens not insects; the best you can state is that they are insectoid like in their nature. :P

Lunestia (Luna x Celestia) = kill with fire!

ScootaBelle (Scootaloo x Sweetie Belle) = Sweetie Belle is best filly how dare they!?

Celestia x Big Mac (I dont even...)

Twilight x Rainbow Dash (I actually works, but I don't like it at all)

Derpy x Anyone except for Dr. Whooves (because that's what the fandom has drilled into my head)

Twilight x Chrysalis

That's about it really...But all above ships need to sink to the bottom of the mariana trench then burn.

As a co-founder over at http://mlp-fim-shipping.deviantart.com/ let me start by saying I love ALL ships. Some more than others, of course. But shipping is just so much fun to me!

The only ship I can't seem to figure out is the MLPxSonic crossover ships (the most common being RD and Sonic). I never understood the sonic fandom, I mean yeah the games are great but... I dunno. Just seems like a whole lot come up from a whole little.

That's about the only ship that doesn't garner much support from me.

I would have to say the oddest I've seen so far would be Cadence X Discord. First time I saw it, I honestly said wait, what?

I don't even know how the two fit together. At all, actually. Oh, and then there's the incest ones as previously mentioned by several people above me. Those do bug me, so I tend to avoid them. It's a simple relationship.

Well, if we are also covering things that don't make sense....Pony Ya.O.I.; true I don't have the same view on Pony Yuri, but that is because there are so few males to begin with that it seems likely that there would be something that ensures the few that do exist are willing to procreate. Though I do tend to be on the fence in terms of most two-mare pairings after reading "A Pony and A Portal" I realised that their existence as a whole does make some amount of sense; as I said before, even though this is probably the most balanced generation in terms of gender ratio, there aren't many stallions in Equestria so it is an obvious solution, at least it's better than thinking of most of the population being alone. Hmm, I doubt they would have marrying a stallion for money or status, all things considered. And even though a lot of people assume this, not everyone who wants to get married wants to have children, some just want to have the companionship (actually now that I think about it, I've read a few Pony yuri stories and for some reason they often think their relationship will be frowned upon which I find a bit strange)

In general I can't see Twilight Sparkle and Princess Celestia as a couple but even less so when Celestia is the one that starts everything off

Big Macintosh with any of the Mane 6....well Applejack it's rather obvious why not. And yes that includes Fluttershy, or at least none of them could work at the moment because we've only seen him interact with any of them apart from Applejack trice: once when Twilight asked him to retrieve Smarty Pants, Once when Rainbow Dash helped him with the cider press (though I'm not sure that would count as an interaction), and once when Pinkie had him move the M.M.M.M. (though again, I'm not sure if that would count as an interaction). I know some people are adamant that Fluttershy and Big Macintosh are perfect for each other and some say that they aren't a good match because they are too similar; personally I think that it's too early to say and that pairing characters that have a noteworthy amount of screen time is much more difficult than pairing characters that only show up in the background since in the former case you have to take their interactions into account and what sort of chemistry they have and could have while with back ground characters it's similar to taking a video of a crowd and trying to work out who knows who and what their relationships are.

Shining Armor paired with anyone but Cadance, really after all they went through during the Wedding it would be sad if it fell apart

I don't really agree with the opposites attract and you can't pair characters that are too similar to each other theory; sometimes having the person you marry compliment your personality is better than having them contrast it. There are a few opposite pairings that I like but for me it's something that's difficult to have work since there's a cut off point where it stops being a matter of being different enough that you bring different perspectives to your interactions and starts being that you are so different you don't have very much in common at all or your values are so different that you are always shocked by the other person's opinions

I also admit that I'm not really sure about the way that some fans handle Spike and Rarity, I know a lot of people like that it's actually in the show and really was the first ever pairing of the series and there have been a few works of them that I've enjoyed, but I generally can't see them going as far as some people depict them. I'm not really sure why, it isn't a matter of age (even though I've objected to smaller age differences in the past) or species difference, my personal theory is that if left to develop naturally (without hoarding) that Spike's species of Dragon has a similar size and life span to a Pony, I just can't see them going beyond having a trial date or two and deciding that they are better as friends. I definately can't see them married with children as a number of people have depicted them (actually in terms of future character children I always imagine Rarity's as being created through something like the magic mirror from G1 and that given how she doesn't seem to be very good with children she wouldn't be the primary caregiver).

Perhaps I'm just biased because of years of reading and watching Shoujo series; it seems to be the unwritten rule of shoujo that if you have a child or teenaged character fall in love with somebody several years older it doesn't work out, especially when one of the two is a main character (the best such pairings can hope for is situations like Rika and her teacher in Cardcaptor Sakura where you never find out how it ends). In terms of pairing Rarity, for me it depends on wheither you pair her with a male or female character: if it's with a Female character then Applejack, if it's a male character then Fancy Pants

Not sure if someone's already said this, but here's my worst...

GranBloom. That's right, Granny Smith and Apple Bloom. Just... no... and why? We're in full "What is this I don't even" territory on this one folks! Oh, and Derpy x Anyone-But-Doctor-Whooves too, but that's just my wuv of Derpy.

Perhaps I'm just biased because of years of reading and watching Shoujo series; it seems to be the unwritten rule of shoujo that if you have a child or teenaged character fall in love with somebody several years older it doesn't work out, especially when one of the two is a main character (the best such pairings can hope for is situations like Rika and her teacher in Cardcaptor Sakura where you never find out how it ends). In terms of pairing Rarity, for me it depends on wheither you pair her with a male or female character: if it's with a Female character then Applejack, if it's a male character then Fancy Pants

The fact that is Shoujo that such relationships "as a rule" fail is one reason in my mind to see a well done ship where such a relationship succeeds. I like anime/manga, but one problem in both is there is too much similarity when it comes to major themes, and no one is willing to move out of the box so to speak. For example is perfect, they keep writing such relationships to fail because "its always done this way", so it never really changes which hurts the genre's creative, but this is just IMO and bucking the trends in my mind is seen as a positive.