Family/Friends reactions when mentioning MLP :D

Firetaffer

I was out getting things at CVS with my brother, on a whim I decide to go to the toy aisle. I find Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy toys and I spaz. My brother looks at me and is all "Really?" then I frowned and was all "I suppose not, I need food more."

NEXT PAYDAY THOUGH! PONY.

When my mom found out I was into MLP again she actually went out of her way and made me a pillow case. lol... My mom is so cute.

I've been raving about ponies to my friends, I've actually converting many of them into fellow bronies. Feels good man.

My mum doesn't care that I watch the show, but she doesn't want me to buy the toys.

As for my friends, they're mixed. Some of them would probably be bronies themselves, others can't believe that something with rainbows and ponies could ever be badass. I haven't actually had much flak for it though, not even when I posted stuff about it on facebook and tumblr.

My friends are responsible for dragging me into the herd. Once I was in I was pretty shocked how many were FiM fanboys and fangirls. Of those who are not, I was surprised by the positive reactions such as "Wow, that is cool you found something that made you so happy, you are usually cynical". Some friends just chuckle and say nothing, or poke fun in a manner friends do; no one has actually given me any friendship threatening grief over it, I suppose because each of them are also into something odd for their age as well (such as Pokemon RP or something similar).

My family though I haven't mentioned this to. I really doubt they be nearly as understanding and already have a negative opinion of all the "geeky" fandoms I am involved in; this may be a bridge too far with them. Since I don't live with any of them though, they won't know unless I come right out and tell them.

My mom thinks it's cute because I used to watch MLP when I was younger. She's not too happy about me bringing my MLP movie to my baby sister of 4 years. Mom thinks it's more annoying to hear from the other room than the original english dubs of Kimba the White Lion that I gave her! XD

My boyfriend just writes it off as OMG GIRLY and would rather me NOT make a ponysona for him (Too late XD)

It took a while to prove I wasn't joking, but then they were all weirded out. They still don't look at me the same because of it. I tried to tell one of my friends about it but he told me to shut up then preached to me about why I should like Skyrim. Felt bad man.

My family is a bit more accepting. my mom made me a shirt and my dad teases me about it, but they're cool.

I've told three of my close friends about this show. As far as I know, two of them watch it casually, and the other is quite obsessed. I also told my mom about it. As first, she found it weird that so many guys were watching it. Then I showed her some clips; she even laughed out loud at Flutterguy. I know she won't watch it, but at least she sees the appeal. =)

I couldn't bring myself to tell my parents. They'd probably be alright with it, but I just couldn't take the possible embarrassment. :shock:

Yeah, there is no way I could tell the folks; they are rather old fashioned biker hillbilly types. I think they would be pretty stunned by the entire concept, especially the old man. :)

My mom knows all the ponies names, Rainbow Dash is her favorite Character.

A friend joked about cosplaying MLP FiM at a con, we couldn't take the joke, it happened.

Talked about it with my guy friend enough, he said "Well I talk about liking cartoons so much, I should give it a try", now he's been drawing fanart for the last 2 days straight.

My mom knows all the ponies names, Rainbow Dash is her favorite Character.

A friend joked about cosplaying MLP FiM at a con, we couldn't take the joke, it happened.

Talked about it with my guy friend enough, he said "Well I talk about liking cartoons so much, I should give it a try", now he's been drawing fanart for the last 2 days straight.

That sounds like a great success story! :)