So when did you... if at all... take the plunge into buying Pony stuff?

Eureka

mm, I never made a "plunge" really. I didn't buy anything for a long time though because I got into ponies shortly before my birthday and I got a pinkie pie toy. I didn't buy any toys after that because I'm too lazy to go out and I'm a penny pincher. I just waited for Christmas to ask for more. The only pony stuff I've bought myself were two toys for an art project. That was just last month

I took the plunge 2 weeks ago when I bought a prepaid Visa card and ordered 2 shirts from WeLoveFine. I bought 2 of their Nouveau shirts (Rarity and Fluttershy). I got a ton of freebies packed in with my shirt as well. (RD w/ Hello Kitty cloth bag, Derpy poster, steampunk Fluttershy sticker, and a standard WeLoveFine.com sticker.)

How IS WeLoveFine's quality by the way? I was taking a look at that site too, and they had plenty of good stuff I'd consider. Just don't wanna buy a shirt that you wash like, twice then starts fading because it's cheap.

Went into Toys R Us not long ago and was looking cautiously for blind bags. Fortunately, it was during school hours for most children and I happened to find 5 blind bags that I knew had some of the Mane 6 in them. Cashier didn't pay me any attention, must have assumed I was buying it for a relative. Overall, got 2 of the glitter ponies (Rainbow Dash and Twilight) and Regular versions of Twilight, Applejack and Pinkie Pie.

Right as soon as I saw there was ponies in the store I got a Fluttershy! :3 I didn't think there would be any in Sweden for a long, loooong time. I was visiting my sister when we found them and my jaw literally dropped.

Before that I knew they had gotten ponies at McDonalds in the US and some of my friends were so sweet and sent me some ponies <3

But yeah then I kept buying ponies... Out of the medium ones I have Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Rainbow Flash (RD and RF came in a pack) and also a bunch of blindbag ponies. I just recently learned to identify the numbers on the bags so yesterday I got a glow in the dark pinkie.

I waste a LOT of money on ponies :I and I was getting a Pinkie Pie for a friend yesterday but they were out lol

How IS WeLoveFine's quality by the way? I was taking a look at that site too, and they had plenty of good stuff I'd consider. Just don't wanna buy a shirt that you wash like, twice then starts fading because it's cheap.

Considering I spent 50 dollars on them, they appear to be of excellent quality. Just follow the washing directions and you should be fine.

The first time I bought a pony it was Twilight and it was last November. That one actually ended up with my sister in law when I found one of the first run Twilights with bangs. It really made her day since I conspired with my brother to insure she got it on a day that she was feeling run down.

Excellent quality I think. I have four shirts, Twilight Magic, Princess Luna doing her Galadriel impression, Derpy sitting and Derpy with ED-209. Lots of stuff came with them as well, a poster with the mane six, a Derpy button, a Rarity and Spike sticker, a huge bag with a steampunk Rainbow Dash on one side and Hello Kitty on the other and a blindbag that had an extra sparkly Twilight. I wear my shirts a lot and I follow the washing instructions carefully. They all still look brand new, even after two months of consistent wear. If you buy one, pay attention to the sizing chart. They like to use slim fit tees, so I always have to get the largest size available. Even then the neck feels a teensy tiny bit tight on my Derpy shirt.

The printing on the bags and stuff seems a bit cheap to me, but the T-shirts must be done via a different method. As with any printed shirt, just turn it inside out before you wash it to minimize fading, and try to use cold water and maybe a shorter wash cycle. As of writing this, I have a Pinkie top from WLF I've washed at least four times using the method I just described, with no visible fading yet.

Pony stuff? I have some G1 ponies stashed away somewhere from long, long ago! More recently, though, I did get the mane six blind bag set, and they're happily shipped together on my desk. AJ with Rarity, FlutterTwi, and of course my favorite combo, PinkiDash. I've got tons of other stuff, though -- vinyl stickers, keychains, buttons, badges, even body wash!

My plunge was the night of the Innistrad pre-release tournament. It was at a little hole in the wall comic shop in Croton. They had a small spin rack full of ponies. On the rack was Pinkie Pie. I could not resist. It was a sign. My wife was pissed.

Some months later, at my store, there was a customer returning an online order. It was Twilight's hot air balloon. I made a thread about this, but long story short, I got it. The balloon and Spike are in the trunk of a friend's car, while Twilight lives in my work locker. She's happy there. It's a bookstore after all. Here is a picture taken this morning of her on a banana.

photo.jpg

I've been snagging the McD's ponies since they came out, and maybe... two weeks ago, I got a Rainbow Dash from Toys R Us while stalking the store for Nightmare Moon.

Haha I remember when the MLP McDonalds toys first came here, which was like 3 months ago. I was getting a Rainbow Dash, and a Rarity. My sister wanted one too so I asked for three ponies; "one blue and two white ones" and she came back and said they only had the blue one. And I was like fine, I'll only have that one. And she replies "Three of them?" looking at my company which was my sister and brother (and my brother looked so offended, he's resisting the ponyness XD)

Anyway after a long wait and odd conversation I finally got RD and as we walked out I was opening my bag and the outer pocket was open and I dropped everything that was in it lol :D Not awkward at all! -ugh-

The printing on the bags and stuff seems a bit cheap to me, but the T-shirts must be done via a different method. As with any printed shirt, just turn it inside out before you wash it to minimize fading, and try to use cold water and maybe a shorter wash cycle. As of writing this, I have a Pinkie top from WLF I've washed at least four times using the method I just described, with no visible fading yet.

Pony stuff? I have some G1 ponies stashed away somewhere from long, long ago! More recently, though, I did get the mane six blind bag set, and they're happily shipped together on my desk. AJ with Rarity, FlutterTwi, and of course my favorite combo, PinkiDash. I've got tons of other stuff, though -- vinyl stickers, keychains, buttons, badges, even body wash!

Also, when I wash my shirt, it will be in cold water as per the washing instructions on a delicate cycle.

Bizarrely enough, I ended up taking the plunge today, and then finding this thread immediately after.

I went on a an expedition to get some WH40k books and I had about twelve dollars left over, so I went to Toys'R'Us to see if I could get one of the smaller MLP toys. I was hoping to get a Rarity toy, but the only Rarity they had in stock was one of the more expensive butterfly winged ones. I was then going to get Cupcake, until I saw that they had a Pinkie Pie. I got the Pinkie Pie, but I am planning on returning soon to get the Cupcake toy.

• 2 weeks later...