New Lunar Republic? Solar Empire?

DustyCharm

New Lunar Republic or Solar Empire  

68 members have voted

1. 1. New Lunar Republic or Solar Empire what will you choose?

Celestia ruled With no opposition for those 1000 years. Maby she bashed Luna for trying to expose her?

Wrong, like I said, and like the quote I just posted.

Celestia banished Luna for being a tyrant.

I would have believed you if she hadn't stated her intent in her return to Equestria as NMM, but she did.

Wrong, like I said, and like the quote I just posted.

Celestia banished Luna for being a tyrant.

I would have believed you if she hadn't stated her intent in her return to Equestria as NMM, but she did.

1000 years alone would drive anypony insane, So she may have not been evil at all. She may have just thought she could stop her sister alone.

Hahaha, the NLR is a lie based on propaganda?

Says who? You a follower of the mare that had practically no guards during Cadence's wedding.

The mare who couldn't tell her niece was an imposter and couldn't tell that the captain of her entire guard was being manipulated.

The mare who literally lay down on a carpet and did nothing while discord ran amok on in ponyville.

The mare who bet the safety of her nation on a gambit?

The mare who was easily defeated by Chrysalis (love or no love Celestia has the power to move the sun, you think for a moment that I believe that lose was legit? It screamed staged).

She didn't even know what a parasprite was!

Either Celestia is the most incompetant mare ever or she is a genius and has hidden her tyranny well.

Hahaha, the NLR is a lie based on propaganda?

Says who? You a follower of the mare that had practically no guards during Cadence's wedding.

The mare who couldn't tell her niece was an imposter and couldn't tell that the captain of her entire guard was being manipulated.

The mare who literally lay down on a carpet and did nothing while discord ran amok on in ponyville.

The mare who bet the safety of her nation on a gambit?

The mare who was easily defeated by Chrysalis (love or no love Celestia has the power to move the sun, you think for a moment that I believe that lose was legit? It screamed staged).

She didn't even know what a parasprite was!

Either Celestia is the most incompetant mare ever or she is a genius and has hidden her tyranny well.

Now tell me which one of those actions are Tyrannical.

And which one of those actions are just mistakes.

Celestia clearly don't tell even most faithful student the whole truth. You can say Templar that it was for their own good,but it shows that Celestia herself lacks faith in fair judgment of her subjects. You can say that by being 1000 years old she have experience to back up that claim, yet you yourself Sun Supporter admitted that she made mistakes.

Celestia also have many secrets...secrets she is not willing to part with. She is often the only one who have the whole picture of situation, yet don't think it's good idea to tell about it to others. Excuse me but I am not willing to be a pawn of a chessmaster, no matter how good intentions she have. Luna on other hoof have no more secrets...all are exposed for public. She also don't deny that she made terrible things. Celestia apologized...once? To Twilight...after the wedding. Of course she already screwed up so no worries, it can't be any worse for her image.

Save the Sunny propagadna for yourself...

Aizendefeatsichigo.jpg

It can't touch us.

Ahem, well, may I make an example of some of our legendary leaders that made huge mistakes?

John F. Kennedy- Bay of Pigs invasion

Gen. Bernard Montgomery- Operation Market Garden

Hannibal Barca- Attacking Rome in the first place

Julius Caesar- Laying siege to Gaul. (Later sparked a flame that led to the Roman Civil War)

Pope Urban II- The Crusades, all of it. It was a massive failure to Europe.

Gen. James Deveruae- Battle of Wake Island

My point is, some of the great leaders we look up to, has made some stupid and silly mistakes. I doesn't really mean that they are no longer great, or Tyrannical.

And how do you know that Luna isn't hiding any secrets? Of course, you wouldn't know, because they are secrets. I mean, we've barely seen her on the show itself. Seems pretty shady to me.

Ahem, well, may I make an example of some of our legendary leaders that made huge mistakes?

John F. Kennedy- Bay of Pigs invasion

Gen. Bernard Montgomery- Operation Market Garden

Hannibal Barca- Attacking Rome in the first place

Julius Caesar- Laying siege to Gaul. (Later sparked a flame that led to the Roman Civil War)

Pope Urban II- The Crusades, all of it. It was a massive failure to Europe.

Gen. James Deveruae- Battle of Wake Island

My point is, some of the great leaders we look up to, has made some stupid and silly mistakes. I doesn't really mean that they are no longer great, or Tyrannical.

Oh true, true Frost....except the fact that Celestia both ruled and lived far more that these guys combined. Some of these mistakes were made because of old age - but Celestia don't get old. There are no excuses for these mistakes. When you are - possibly - only pony in the world capable of moving both Sun and Moon you aren't allowed to make mistakes. Why, you can say that with so much experience she should see all of these troubles mentioned by Eclipse by miles away. So Celestia is either screwing around or became sclerotic, which means she should be replaced anyway. Who in their right mind puts sealed mortal enemy of ponykind in the garden?!! There is no excuse for that!

So yes, I say Luna. She wasn't allowed to shine much, thanks for bad - and I don't deny, justified - publicity. But I gave her my faith for sole fact that she brings freshness. If she would gone rogue again or begin to screw up like her sister, she can be taken care off too.

Oh true, true Frost....except the fact that Celestia both ruled and lived far more that these guys combined. Some of these mistakes were made because of old age - but Celestia don't get old. There are no excuses for these mistakes. When you are - possibly - only pony in the world capable of moving both Sun and Moon you aren't allowed to make mistakes. Why, you can say that with so much experience she should see all of these troubles mentioned by Eclipse by miles away. So Celestia is either screwing around or became sclerotic, which means she should be replaced anyway. Who in their right mind puts sealed mortal enemy of ponykind in the garden?!! There is no excuse for that!

So yes, I say Luna. She wasn't allowed to shine much, thanks for bad - and I don't deny, justified - publicity. But I gave her my faith for sole fact that she brings freshness. If she would gone rogue again or begin to screw up like her sister, she can be taken care off too.

Ahaha! Yea, I was figuring that too. There are a bunch of memes and such of Celestia screwing up, and making frequent stupid mistakes. My philosophy, she is not a Tyrant, she is just getting old. The fact that she is immortal is true, but that doesn't mean that she doesn't age. That just means that she ages much slower than the usual pony. Even if she is not physically aging, she still might be mentally. You are right, Celestia needs to be replaced. But for her sake, don't raise a separate government, then attack us! That's absurd. Not only that, but it's downright ignorant. The so called "New Lunar Republic" was just a bunch of conspiracy theorists, who took simple mistakes, as outright tyranny. She may be losing her touch, but pay respect to the Sol Invictus who brought you to this glorious Pax Eqestria in the first place! Equestria was a kingdom built on peace, of the Elements of Harmony. Fighting a war to change the government is wrong. What do you think war would do? So what if you defeat our thousands in battle, now what? Ruin, that's what. Our once great Equestria is now a land of bloodshed, and carnage. Just because a bunch of conspiratorial lunatics was dissatisfied with their government.

You think i'm talking crap? Lets refer back to IRL shall we?

The Crusades: The Pope was giving out massive propaganda to the European countries, that the Muslims were infesting the Holy Land, and it was the kingdom's duty as followers of God, to drive them out in force. To Europe, that sounded like a great idea! Fighting for God? Heck yeah! Right?

Wrong.

The Christians stormed in the Holy Land with zeal of the lord, and got their sorry arses Jihaded back out again. It's sad, I know. Coming from an active admirer of the Knights Templar themselves. My point is, the Christians were just a collection of zealots, who were hyped on wrongful propaganda. And so is the NLR. But I know what you're thinking.

"But Templar, what if we won the revolution/civil war?"

Even worse!

French Revolution: This revolution was fought similar to the one we are consulting now, just a tad bit more significant. The French poor was dissatisfied with the conditions of their Government, so they decided to go to and have a revolution about it. A bunch of freedom fighters fighting for a better government, right?

Wrong again.

Although a success, the French Government only got worse. Innocent aristocrats, and general disbelievers of the Revolution were executed. The so called "new" Republic was unstable at best. And lead to the Prussian invasion of France. So, the only sensible thing to is for, guess what...

More massacres.

France was so unstable after the Revolution, that it literally took a absolute dictator to get them back on their feet again. You know, the very thing that they were fighting against in the first place. A little (and I do emphasize on little) guy called Napoleon Bonaparte. My point is, the NLR and the Revolutionary French Republic are strikingly similar.

• Both are unsatisfied by the government.
  • Both are fighting against not a Tyrannical Government, but a Government that just screwed up.
  • Both wanted a republic in place of the monarchy. (Or Principality in case of Equestria)

You may say that the NLR is nothing like the French Revolutionists, and that the NLR will handle the Revolution much differently. But it is easy to say that at first. But I am almost certain that the NLR will get carried away, and next thing we know, Filthy Rich's head is on a chopping block.

Don't believe me? Look at how you're talking now!

If she would gone rouge again or begin to screw up like her sister, she can be taken care off too

Look at you, already eager to overthrow your own leader, and you haven't even breached the barrier of our capital yet! This screams ambition! And blind zealously for a lost cause. Listen, don't get me wrong. Revolutions are great, when taken methodically. Like the American Revolution. That was a great success. When the 13 colonies disagreed with the British ways, they did a peaceful protest first, before going into a full on war. And it took a massacre to do so.

My ultimate point is, don't take up arms upon a Princess that are just making mistakes. It is wrong yes, and she needs to be replaced, yes. But not like this. Trust me, fighting a revolution this early will only make things much, much worse.

Um...my question for you guys is this:

What the buck are you talking about? This is Equestria, fellas...not real life :P think about this from an MLP point of view...massacres and wars and such are simply not MLP. If there ever did happen to be a conflict between the SE and NLR, it'd probably be like "Okay fillies and gentlecolts...let's vote on what we want more: Celestia or Luna? Empire or Republic?". No warfare, no blood, no executions...

Besides, you are also missing the point here. This is about who would win...and interestingly enough, NLR and Luna would probably win through both violence and non-violence.

Put that on for size! :shifty:

Luna 4ever :Luna:

Now tell me which one of those actions are Tyrannical.

And which one of those actions are just mistakes.

I would believe she is incompetent before I believe she is I believe she is a Tyrant. Those examples are of either her incompetence or her genius.

If she's not incompetent she's hiding her position of absolute power behind false faults and gambits meant to keep her away from the light. How better to keep the people on you side than to pretend to do all you can while not appearing not all powerful?

Too many holes in the stories for them to be mistakes. How is it a mistake to not do anything against discord? How is it a mistake to bet Equestria's safety on a gambit? Sounds like she did exactly what she planned on doing.

Yeah...

I kinda got a bit carried away. :blush:

But to say something is simply not MLP, is simply not true. As you could already see in the show, we've seen Royal Guards and regular ponies carry swords, bows*, and spears.

I know that they are used for ceremonial/competitive purposes only today. But neither of those three weapons were first invented for that purpose. Meaning that Equestria has seen some crap** before going into it's Pax.

You see, Equestria is in what you call a Pax. A Pax (Latin for peace) is the pinnacle of an Empire. With absolutely no wars, little struggle, and all around peace. This is what we are seeing now.

My point is, if Equestria had clear struggle in it's rise, it has the capability to have one again, if not a complete dystopia.

*Cutie mark

**Not sure of it means anything, but Diomedes actually got two full-fledged wars board canon.

EDIT* OH yes! And Twilight Sparkle did mention the possibility of a pony-war in the episode "It's About Time."

They probably were fighting the Changelings, we probably just didn't see them. Canterlot is a very big place.

Well, if they didn't have guards to protect the city as a whole, then that must be a form of incompetence, yes? Surely all areas of a city are worth defending than just a few specific areas...right? Doesn't Celestia care for those under her rule?

Well, if they didn't have guards to protect the city as a whole, then that must be a form of incompetence, yes? Surely all areas of a city are worth defending than just a few specific areas...right? Doesn't Celestia care for those under her rule?

It wasn't her fault. The specific platoon assigned to the precinct was already defeated, or maybe just retreated.

There we go, NLR Lunatics, resorting any little tactical/leadership error into full-out tyranny.

-_(\

Wait so lemme get this straight:

The Solar people want to keep celestia in because she is doing nothing wrong

And the lunar people want to kick her out because they think she is incompetent?!?

My reaction for those who like Pinkie Pie...

For the more dramatic Twilight Sparkle fans...