New Lunar Republic? Solar Empire?

DustyCharm

New Lunar Republic or Solar Empire  

68 members have voted

1. 1. New Lunar Republic or Solar Empire what will you choose?

Well, you have an excellent point...but sometimes things may appear fine on the outside, but what about the inside? The peace WILL end eventually, it always does. At this point I support neither side...but just for argument's sake, what will happen when blood finally is shed? Will the Solar Empire be able to cope with it?

Speaking of bloodshed, how much blood do you think would be shed in a revolution against Celestia? Because that's the only way that a Lunar State could be created.

The ponies of Equestria don't want to get rid of Celestia, and they most certainly do not want a revolution.

Speaking of bloodshed, how much blood do you think would be shed in a revolution against Celestia? Because that's the only way that a Lunar State could be created.

The ponies of Equestria don't want to get rid of Celestia, and they most certainly do not want a revolution.

No blood, just apple pie filling... ;)

Wow... You have got to stop taking everything I say so seriously... Besides, I was talking merely situational with shops in general, not the entirety of the sociopolitical atmosphere surrounding the Jim Crowe laws. That would be silly to do in a seemingly perfect society.

First of all, I apologize if my responding tone made it sound like I wanted to bite your head off. But you sort of struck a nerve there. You said that the Zecora incident was worse than the Jim Crowe Laws. You were comparing one of the most shameful acts in American history, to a little girl's show.

Anyways, you are making all of these points on how the creatures in Equestria, and perhaps you are right. But that is no need for a completely different government for it! Why don't the people just make a petition, or speak to Celestia about it? She'll most certainly agree. Nothing to make a separate government over.

And plus, making a constitutional monarchy is not a bad idea at all. There are two ways this can go, however.

• Celestia could still be in rule, but has to follow a set of guidelines and regulations, called a Constitution. And all of her laws would have to be carefully processed by a group of people called a Parliment, before set in action.

• Or the Parliment would be in complete power, and Celestia would just be a mere figurehead. Only to appear in show, or heraldry.

The latter will not end well, however. As you should know from history, one does not simply revoke the power from a single leader. Sure that is the situation in England today, but it took years, and years for it to get it that way.

Then of course, Luna could pull an Oliver Cromwell. It could be if she eventually wins the Revolution, whether it be peaceful or not, she could simply disregard her previous goals, and crown herself the new leader of the Solar Empire. Hey, Luna has shown signs of being a Tyrant before.

The military definitely needs better training...

Shining_Armor_face_S2E25.png

First of all, I apologize if my responding tone made it sound like I wanted to bite your head off. But you sort of struck a nerve there. You said that the Zecora incident was worse than the Jim Crowe Laws. You were comparing one of the most shameful acts in American history, to a little girl's show.

Just to note, I didn't say the entire situation was worse than the Jim Crowe Laws, just the fact that she couldn't even enter AN establishment. She didn't even get the courtesy of being thrown out.

Sorry if that wasn't clear. The Jim Crowe laws was a horrible chapter of American history, and I wasn't alluding to the sociopolitical atmosphere as I said. Just the state of the shops. Again, that was just a joke, and the only thing that was even remotely similar IRL. And considering that Zecora is obviously alluded to being African (I mean Zebras are from Africa, so it makes sense), it was just the only thing I could think of as a suitable reference for said joke.

That said, I'm glad you agree on the front of Constitutional Monarchy.

Funny how a contest between who is the favorite princess turned into a political debate XD

As much as it saddens me that our peaceful land is being divided by this schism, I must follow my beloved Princess Luna. All hail the New Lunar Republic.

Let me understand this,

Celestia has achieved peace and prosperity throughout Equestria, but you want to overthrow her for no real reason?

God preserve Equestria if ever your kind take control.

Fighting over nothing is fun! DEBATE ME BRO!

Let me understand this,

Celestia has achieved peace and prosperity throughout Equestria, but you want to overthrow her for no real reason?

God preserve Equestria if ever your kind take control.

Fighting over nothing is fun! DEBATE ME BRO!

Peace...prosperity...need I remind you that in the past two seasons alone, which could not have been more than a year in MLP timeline, the Mane 6 had to save Equestria's arse THREE TIMES? A bit much for teenage ponies, if you ask me. Also, each of those three times (Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis)...all those could have been prevented had Celestia taken proper action.

Instead of banishing Nightmare Moon to the...well...moon...she should have taken more drastic measures, not to mention the fact she COMPLETELY disregarded Nightmare Moon's return. (While I don't wish my beloved Luna any harm...her death may have been needed in order to preserve Equestria at that time)

With Discord, why did she leave his statue out in public, where anypony was just no doubt going to argue one day? She should have thrown his arse into a volcano or into the deep ocean.

Then with Chrysalis, she should have noticed how different " Cadence" was acting, being her bucking aunt and all! If she hadn't been so blind, then Canterlot wouldn't have been attacked and nearly destroyed by the Changelings!

Peace and prosperity...hah...we've seen three near-disasters in one pony year, and each time a group of FILLIES had to bail Celestia out. How many times has this sort of thing happened BEFORE the events of the show? An uncountable amount, is my guess.

Peace...prosperity...need I remind you that in the past two seasons alone, which could not have been more than a year in MLP timeline, the Mane 6 had to save Equestria's arse THREE TIMES? A bit much for teenage ponies, if you ask me. Also, each of those three times (Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis)...all those could have been prevented had Celestia taken proper action.

Instead of banishing Nightmare Moon to the...well...moon...she should have taken more drastic measures, not to mention the fact she COMPLETELY disregarded Nightmare Moon's return. (While I don't wish my beloved Luna any harm...her death may have been needed in order to preserve Equestria at that time)

Very true. Also, if 6 ponies can GET RID of Luna's dark side, why the hay couldn't Celestia do it? It was completely unnecessary to banish her to the moon at all, let alone for a thousand years. :shifty:

With Discord, why did she leave his statue out in public, where anypony was just no doubt going to argue one day? She should have thrown his arse into a volcano or into the deep ocean.

Then with Chrysalis, she should have noticed how different " Cadence" was acting, being her bucking aunt and all! If she hadn't been so blind, then Canterlot wouldn't have been attacked and nearly destroyed by the Changelings!

Peace and prosperity...hah...we've seen three near-disasters in one pony year, and each time a group of FILLIES had to bail Celestia out. How many times has this sort of thing happened BEFORE the events of the show? An uncountable amount, is my guess.

[colour=#008000]> implying the Mane 6 are just regular fillies[/colour]

[colour=#008000]> implying the elements of harmony aren't REALLY powerful[/colour]

[colour=#008000]> implying executions are better than using the Mane 6/ Elements of Harmony[/colour]

[colour=#008000]> implying Changelings aren't good at [/colour][colour=#008000]shape-shifting[/colour]

[colour=#008000]> implying Celestia's actions didn't lead to the defeat of Discord, the defeat of Chrysalis and the return of normal Luna.[/colour]

[colour=#daa520]inb4 "Implying on Canterlot"[/colour]

Okay, I admit Celestia has screwed up. I admit that she needs to retire, ascend, or whatever. But the fact, that you go out and make an entire separate Confederacy to change it is foolish! Not once, have you proven to me that Celestia has shown signs of tyranny. But Luna has already. Twice.

Why not make a Constitutional Monarchy? Why not vote Celestia out? I mean, I get your point and I agree with you, that Celestia is losing her shiz. But creating this "New Lunar Republic" is foolish, and stupid.

You know when you should make a Confederacy against us? When you are living in mud homes, eating rotten bread for food, and crying over your dead third-born son because he did not have enough to eat. That's when you should rebel against us. Until then however, simmer down, and stop whining.

And enough about this "Elements of Harmony" stuff. First of all, we don't know who forged them. For all we know it could very well have been Celestia herself who forged it. Incorporated her own power into the artifacts themselves. Furthermore, the Elements of Harmony is not just a group of ponies, but it's a spiritual collection of magical artifacts based on Divine Right.

And yes, Valen. Peace and Prosperity. So what if we had a few minor incursions here and there. Out of the three major conflicts in Equestria, not one of them was an act of proper war.

• Discord was just one being, and he never actually hurt anybody
  • NMM was only one being.
  • Chrysalis's minions were just a hive-mind populace, and are incapable of waging proper war. (I actually PM'ed Diomedes about it a while back, and he concluded that the Changeling attack was not an act of war)

Wow Valen. Why, would you blame Princess Celestia for not killing princess Luna? I am appalled at that statement. Look, Celestia did not kill her sister. Now what! Luna and Celestia are friends! That's what. Of course banishing her was the better thing to do, because nobody got hurt. Let me reiterate with a list. Celestia did not kill Luna, because...

• It would have made her look, really, really bad.
  • She's her sister.
  • Her tyranny was based of of guilt and neglect. Not evil.
  • A more peaceful option was apparent, banish her instead.
  • She's her mother-bucking sister.

Seriously, I've spotted three instances of execution in your argument alone. Plus, you tone of voice in this argument is blind, and over-zealous at best. You keep re-iterating the same argument over and over and over again. Your tone of voice is to willing, and eager to overthrow the Sol Invictus who brought you here in the first place. Instead of less-drastic measures like the ones I listed above. You go out, and actually make your own Confederacy, calling it the "New Lunar Republic" thinking you will accomplish something

You will accomplish nothing.

But sadness.

Glory to the Empire.

:Celest:

Okay, I admit Celestia has screwed up. I admit that she needs to retire, ascend, or whatever. But the fact, that you go out and make an entire separate Confederacy to change it is foolish! Not once, have you proven to me that Celestia has shown signs of tyranny. But Luna has already. Twice.

Why not make a Constitutional Monarchy? Why not vote Celestia out? I mean, I get your point and I agree with you, that Celestia is losing her shiz. But creating this "New Lunar Republic" is foolish, and stupid.

You know when you should make a Confederacy against us? When you are living in mud homes, eating rotten bread for food, and crying over your dead third-born son because he did not have enough to eat. That's when you should rebel against us. Until then however, simmer down, and stop whining.

And enough about this "Elements of Harmony" stuff. First of all, we don't know who forged them. For all we know it could very well have been Celestia herself who forged it. Incorporated her own power into the artifacts themselves. Furthermore, the Elements of Harmony is not just a group of ponies, but it's a spiritual collection of magical artifacts based on Divine Right.

And yes, Valen. Peace and Prosperity. So what if we had a few minor incursions here and there. Out of the three major conflicts in Equestria, not one of them was an act of proper war.

• Discord was just one being, and he never actually hurt anybody
  • NMM was only one being.
  • Chrysalis's minions were just a hive-mind populace, and are incapable of waging proper war. (I actually PM'ed Diomedes about it a while back, and he concluded that the Changeling attack was not an act of war)

Wow Valen. Why, would you blame Princess Celestia for not killing princess Luna? I am appalled at that statement. Look, Celestia did not kill her sister. Now what! Luna and Celestia are friends! That's what. Of course banishing her was the better thing to do, because nobody got hurt. Let me reiterate with a list. Celestia did not kill Luna, because...

• It would have made her look, really, really bad.
  • She's her sister.
  • Her tyranny was based of of guilt and neglect. Not evil.
  • A more peaceful option was apparent, banish her instead.
  • She's her mother-bucking sister.

Seriously, I've spotted three instances of execution in your argument alone. Plus, you tone of voice in this argument is blind, and over-zealous at best. You keep re-iterating the same argument over and over and over again. Your tone of voice is to willing, and eager to overthrow the Sol Invictus who brought you here in the first place. Instead of less-drastic measures like the ones I listed above. You go out, and actually make your own Confederacy, calling it the "New Lunar Republic" thinking you will accomplish something

You will accomplish nothing.

But sadness.

Glory to the Empire.

:Celest:

Annnd that my friends is game, set and match.

Well played Templar, well played.

• Like 1

...indeed. Well done. I admit defeat, Templar. However, my question is where the buck you found the NLR in any of those statements I made...? Did I ever once say I wanted the government overthrown? No. Just Celestia. Also, the only reason nopony got hurt in any of those conflicts is because of luck (and the fact that it is a kids show, after all).

Also...pffft...you are talking to me about being over-zealous? Trolololol, okay. All those pointers on my post make it obvious you take this subject very seriously. I denounce my involvement in this discussion, fillies and gentlecolts!

So Templar, would you support having a democratic Equestria? One where the people choose who will lead them?

Well buck, I wonder who the people will vote for, the candidate who has a history of success, or the candidate who needed to be forcefully banished only 1000 years ago.

The citizens of Equestria do not want to vote out or overthrow Celestia.

Regardless, let them vote if you must. We all know who the victor will be.

So Templar, would you support having a democratic Equestria? One where the people choose who will lead them?

Well buck, I wonder who the people will vote for, the candidate who has a history of success, or the candidate who needed to be forcefully banished only 1000 years ago.

The citizens of Equestria do not want to vote out or overthrow Celestia.

Regardless, let them vote if you must. We all know who the victor will be.

Clearly the victor would be none other than..... TWILIGHT SPARKLE. A young idealist who is the leader of the group wielding the EoH! Saving Equestria twice!

Or Cadence... She's got love on her side. And a husband to create a lasting family lineage!

CLEARLY! THESE TWO ARE THE ONLY POSSIBLE CHOICES!

I vote Equestria becoming a Constitutional Monarchy? (I.e England) both sides would be happy (if not then you're a diehard, Luna/Celestia fan.) Luna would still have as much power as Celestia and we can still have peace.

We reached that conclusion like... er... 2 pages ago :lol:

It's the perfect plan for Equestria, really.

...indeed. Well done. I admit defeat, Templar. However, my question is where the buck you found the NLR in any of those statements I made...? Did I ever once say I wanted the government overthrown? No. Just Celestia. Also, the only reason nopony got hurt in any of those conflicts is because of luck (and the fact that it is a kids show, after all).

Also...pffft...you are talking to me about being over-zealous? Trolololol, okay. All those pointers on my post make it obvious you take this subject very seriously. I denounce my involvement in this discussion, fillies and gentlecolts!

Oh yes, my apologies. You made two references to execution. Not three. That was a different person.