Origin of your username?

GhostGirl

Manestream originated as a suggestion for a business name by a friend. I ended up making a bovine persona out of her as the products I was selling were going to be for ungulates in general- and hey, cows are cute.

Here she is:

ShintoMooddhist-1.jpg

I went through a few RL changes in profession, and a bit of a personal change as well. None of my previous usernames seemed to fit me anymore; perhaps, I'd grown up too much since my teaching years, and decided a new name was appropriate- so I kept Manestream.

I thought about making up some ridiculous story about a Tibetan monk, and my long hair, but I got too tired xD

Ciraxis is the boss from Baldur's Gate: Dark Allince. He's a mean and big white dragon who want to turn you into snowman in Act II.

I surprised that it's not used more often.

• 2 weeks later...

About a month ago I started developing a pony character who would reflect me in the pony fandom world. Who was Shadowmist. :D

I came up with the name from three random pony name generators. Normally my online user name is Gasser47 which stems from being a fan of Gascan from The manga bobobo-bobo-bobo.

=P i'd have the name for about five years now so, thats my slice of history.

• 2 weeks later...

My username started when I was in 7th grade, I really liked saying meow at the time and I couldnt come up with anythin to use for usernames (this was when things such as deviantart really started to pop up in mu life) I figured "Hay since I love saying meow why not meowplease" and I have been using it ever since! :D

Gez is short for Gezibing, the Cantonese word for a delicious waffle snack. I used to have them all the time, especially the chocolate and tuna ones. Most gezibing looks more bubbly and less waffle-like, but the one by where I lived was more like this. Mmm.

wd-waffles-15-628x371-3.jpg

My username dates back to the time when Runescape was cool... Well, okay, I was in middle school, Runescape was a shiny new toy, and I was easily manipulated (this was back in the days of when Runescape Classic was just Runescape, mind you). I was very excited to start playing, and I couldn't wait to jump into the game. But I had to choose a character name!

Well, I'm terrible at choosing names. My only other online username at the time was derived from my actual name (partly because Yahoo hates me and wouldn't let me use anything else). I didn't want to use that though; my name is so dull and boring. I wanted something exciting! So I thought and thought for days; I kid you not. I took this very seriously. But the waiting grew to be too much for me. I gave up my search and picked the first thing that popped into my head.

Hobbes. No, not that Hobbes. This Hobbes. Thought really, I suppose they are the same thing. But I chose it for the stuffed tiger. Runescape didn't like that though. Not one bit. It told me that I had to add numbers, otherwise I couldn't play the game. It offered me a few choices. I chose hobbes574. And now you know... the rest of the story.

Bellosh101 is a reference to Raiders of the Lost Ark; Bellosh is how the Nazi characters pronounce the name of Indy's arch-nemesis, Belloq.

my username, star1228, has somewhat of a kinda embarrassing backstory. Oringinally, i used to be someone that would constantly jump between things to watch, one of which was star wars. During that time, i figured star wars wasn't a good username for anything, so i decided to shorten it to just star. the 1228, well... my birthday is the 28th of december, so thats 12/28. remove the slash, and you just have 1228. so i then combined the two, and got my username.

When I was 12, I became a really big fan of the Haruhi Suzumiya anime and novel series. Later, when I was 14, I joined my very first forum, HaruhiSuzumiya.net. I had no idea how forums worked so I just entered in whatever I thought wouldn't be taken since like I said, I literally thought that forums kind of worked like....say, Youtube when it came to making an account XD. I didn't intend on becoming a member either, I was scared of internet people back then lol, I just wanted to make one post Hence, SOStmohs. one of the longest acronyms you will ever hear. SOS Brigade is the name of a special club in the Haruhi series.

Save the world by

Overloading it with fun

Suzumiya Brigade.

Tmohs is simply the abbreviation of the show's name,

The

Melancholy

Of

Haruhi

Suzumiya

And pronounced well just all the letters...people used to call me SOStimoss but no, it's "es oh es tee em oh ayche es" letter by letter lol. My nickname SOSy came from a friend of mine from there and when she told me how she pronounced it, I stuck with it lol. Nowadys though, everyone there just calls me by my first name though since I'm well known there. HS.net is dead though...as well as my motivation for the series sadly. -_- New stuff isn't coming out. I still like it though even though I only ever did kind of stick with that anime, but then again I like the novels better so yeah XD.

Well, I've always like birds of prey, and I first heard the term 'osprey' in a Redwall book. Years later, my friend and I were goofing around, pretending we were spies, and I chose 'osprey' as my code name. As for the '77' bit, this same friend always has ‘88’ in her online usernames, and is a year older than me. Our mutual friend, a year younger than me, always uses '66,' so I stuck ‘77’ on the end. I use it on a couple of other RP sites, but can alternately be found as FeyMaster (though it's sometimes taken) or KashalaFey(the closest thing I have to a Fursona). I considered using one of my Fey-based names, because they're a nod to my other RP site, but decided just to sue my username from that RP site, in case there were some Feila members here.