Origin of your username?

GhostGirl

Ghost Girl comes from my first Call of Cthulhu RP. Our DM didn't know my name because his girlfriend didn't think to introduce us (she's an old friend of mine), and he could never remember it, even after he learned it, so he started calling me Ghost Girl. That was like... two years ago. To this day I am still Ghost Girl.

525583408_99eb4e5368_o.jpg

(the first pony of my current collection, G1 butterscotch, in the middle. I got my last new MLP in 1988 when they were all thrown out by my mom (what a jerk)). I didn't see any for years until Christmas of 1996 (I think, it could have been 1995) when I helped out with Toys for Tots (I was a sorter), and found a mangy, gross Butterscotch in the bottom of the barrel. I was allowed to take her home because she wasn't suitable for children, and there the collection started. Some ponies have come and gone, but she'll always remain.

So, butterscotch -b + fl.

That's pretty much all there is to it. I didn't want to be mistaken for being a fan of

butterscotch-pony-furreal-pony.jpg

or

297x220_Butterscotch_Pudding.jpg

It's been my MLP forum name for at least 5 years, so that other Flutterscotch on MLP Arena or Flickr, yeah, that's me. And it always just made more SENSE to me, seeing as though she has BUTTERFLIES ON HER BUTT.

Also:

EXCELSIOR!

Did he win a no-prize?

The origin of my Original username, (Elazar) is from the very first DnD character I made, I used it when I joined my first forum and it just kinda stuck. Now my username reprisents the name of the Character I RP with.

I used to graffiti it all over the walls back in Middle School. I don't know why, but the name just came to my mind and I kept it with me ever since.

Little did I know that the word 'Tenkan' is actually a fighting technique in martial arts!

Tenkan_Waza.jpg

Well, the name "Thoth" comes from the Egyptian God of Wisdom and Writing (That was what is most-believed, anyway).

I began using the name on a few different forums a few years ago after I learned about the Egpytian Gods, and it soon just caught on. I now use the username "Thoth" for every forum I go on with rare exceptions. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, :smug:

I suppose it's just a username that fits. The members on the forum I started the name on would always ask me if I'd ever change back to it...so I suppose so, xD

Mine name is my OC that I have yet to do anything with.

Its also the name of a game I was playing at the time.

I was actually having trouble thinking of a name for my OC ( A stealthy kleptomaniac thief guy)

Then one day I fathered what was left of my intellect and put two and two together.

Penumbra is Latin for "Almost Shadow" and since Penumbra was to be a sneaky, shadow pony, I thought it would be appropriate.

I will create him...one day....

Penumbra is also connected to sun spots, dying brains and a few albums.

Look it up on Wikipedia.

There are a lot of meanings.

Kunio was a character from the NES and SNES series of Nekketsu Kouha Kunio Kun was a great beat em up/Rpg franchise in the 90's from Technos Japan and i loved the characters and the spin offs each title had, i pretty sure their was about 25 games in the franchise that lasted from the late 80's to mid 90's

I was fascinated with the games and the main bad ass character Kunio back in those days, but im pretty sure no one has ever heard of em and i will be surprised if anyone on here knew those series of games.

this is kunio

e9t2yp.png

Well mine is basically the name of Pony me (it's not the first time I've had my user name for fandom websites be what my name would be, but this one is more interesting than the other which was just transferring my first name into their naming system); I'm studying psychology and one thing that I saw reading my text book that I wasn't already familiar with was Motion Parallax, which is a depth cue and an important one to remember when animating as having objects appear to move at speeds they shouldn't be moving at will spoil the effect and I want to go into animation, then Paradox because....I am; I have a very paradoxical personality, even my parents still point it out at times

Another name I use a lot is Poppun (the o is pronounced like the o in open and the u is pronounced like the u in Pikachu) which is the name of a character I came out with about 5 years ago, she and several of her friends run a cafe and she is one of the waitresses (it was actually the result of combining elements from several other shows I like and watched heavily at the time) and her name came from part of the name of a Sanrio series that never made it here (the other waitress takes her name from the other half of the series title), I ended up really loving her design and personality so I used her name as a user name

Angie is short for my real name, Angela. normally I would never give my name out online, but I'd been lurking Canterlot for about three months when I joined, and I had a general idea on what a lot of the members were like and how nice they were, so I decided "why not?". I threw cakes on the end to keep up with my tradition of lame usernames :U

Well since it's just your first name that's always fine unless you have a really unusual name like Moon Unit or Tropica Exotica

Well, I like tacos...and

34xexx4.jpg

CURSE YOU TRIXIE!

So she has you too?

guilty.jpg

HE'S MY CUTIE WUBIE PUPPY DOGGIE WOGGIE. YES HE IS! WHO'S A GOOD BOY? AWW WHO'S A GOOD BOY? WHO LIKES TO DIG HOLES ALL THE WAY TO CHINA? AWW YES YOU DOO!

Te-he, I read that in the voice Fluttershy uses with Cerberus (^u^)

"Xiee" (pronounced as sigh-yee)

I thought it was pronounced she-eh

I used this name for a Tumblr, since I couldn't find another suitable name for it at the time. So, when I signed up on a pony forum, I just used the same handle.

I thought it came from the show (I have a friend who loves that show)

No, it is not a reference to Dr. Hooves.

The MD made me think it was a reference to House

So she has you too?

Grumble grumble. Well, if I shine her hooves while reciting 'The Great And Powerful Trixie Is Best Pony" and "Twilight Sparkle is a fink " every day at noon, she promised I could have -a- taco. Grumble grumble. :-|

Well, When i made this username long long ago, I was in love with Star Fox 64, go figure, right? Well at the time i had the name SpidermanX or SpiderkidX or soemthing like that, X's on everything was cool back then. But i needed to get a new username for my email, so i tried Starfox64... Already taken. so i added the X, and Bam! 12 years later i'm still using the damn thing, hehe...

Well since it's just your first name that's always fine unless you have a really unusual name like Moon Unit or Tropica Exotica

yes, but it takes away from the mystery :U

but it's mostly because my mom gets mad when I give out my name :l

The HM in EdgeHM is short for Hypermatter. I don't remember why I shortened it that way. In any case, Edge is the name of my Mega Man OC, and my primary RP character. My friend came up with the name, as well as the name of his OC, Drak. Before that, the name was Arwing Pilot.

I've had him since eighth grade, and he started out as a Protoman recolor. The original plan was to make a sprite comic. That didn't go well, by the way. He's gone under several revisions since then, akin to switching from classic to X to Zero and finally to ZX, and is now mostly original parts. I kept the visor though. Visors are cool.

Because Star Swirl the Bearded is awesome, and apparently invented time travel in Equestria. Granted I only knew that he had a section of the library when I made the account, but learning that he invented time travel....? That made him 20% cooler in my book.