Connections with mane ponies

SeaSkies

Ok, so i know that if you want to have a lreationship or know a canon character you need permission from the person with that pony, but what about ponies that know the character distanly ?

E.g a colt visited ponyville, saw, let's say Rarity, and got a crush on her wihtout having spoken to her, them left ponyville ?

So they will think about the beautiful unicorn they saw in Ponyville, but did not have any kind of active relationship with that pony ? They don't even need to know about your ponies' existance. DO you still need permission ?

I'm fine with asking if i ever need to, but i'm just wondering seeing as the pony in question could live out their lives without knowing your pony.

Basically what i'm saying is, if your OC would want to be friends with Rairity i understand how you'd need to ask permission, so they wouldn't say anything to majorly contradict the History say pony A met Rarity in Trottingham but then Rairity said she'd never been there, etc.

I might never even need this information, but just in case i add a detail without thinking !

Your not allowed any kind of relationship, not even a crush, with Canon characters (I wanted Pipsqueak to have a crush on another canon pony, and was told it was not allowed --- it HAS to develop after the app and in RP) The only relationship is knowing of their existence (i.e. you attended flight camp and heard about the rainbow pony who showed off a lot)

As a suggestion, why don't you try and find out if there are other, similar OCs around. I'm sure if you ask around, you can find an OC filling a comparable role in an application (you'll need to ask the player first, of course).

Maybe you can find someone that way to helps you with your first RPs, too. :3

Yeah, but Ashton is absolutely right. No relations to cast members, unless you apply for a cast member. No exceptions, sorry.

Why does the pony HAVE to be Rarity? If your character doesn't even know who the pony is, why not an NPC? Or even someone else's OC?

Another thing, how is this crush relevant to your character? They went to Ponyville, fell in love, then left. Then what? If nothing ever became of it, how is it important to your character and your Application as a whole?

If it's just an unimportant event that happened, why include it in the app at all? And if it IS significant in some way, isn't that pushing the boundaries about past relationships?

Just making a few points to help you understand why we have rules the way they are, and to help you perhaps have an alternative. :)

And if it IS significant in some way, isn't that pushing the boundaries about past relationships?

I think this was what he was asking for clarification on. I.E. his OC saw a pony when he visited ponyville and now every time he thinks anything romantic he thinks of her.