Somone tell me what I'm doing wrong...

So, I've looked back, and over half of ALL my posts get Zero replies (and the ones that DO get replies usually only get them after close to a full week). Lots of views, but nobody ever replies. What am I doing that's driving everyone away? I'm on the verge of losing one of my characters because nobody wants to RP with him...

I'm pretty sure you can't just lose a character. CAN YOU?

Also, I'm been pretty bored lately. PM me, I'm sure w can find an agreeable topic to RP on.

You cannot lose an OC character because you own the character. As for cast, we don't check that often for tier 3 characters; as for Pip and isn't he in an RP?

Also it is hard to say with seeing the RPs in question. One suggestion is to talk about and form ideas with others in the OOC section first. You can also chat with people in chat (and/or Skype) about starting a new RP, or joining an RP that is started by someone else, or is already running.

I'm pretty sure you can't just lose a character. CAN YOU?

The minimum for background cast characters is one post a week per topic.

Poor Lightning Streak keeps getting ignored for some reason... I'm dissapointed because I thought he'd be a lot of fun' date=' but instead nobody really wants to RP with him... I may just let them take him away if he's not going to be useable anyway...

I want to rp with you Ashton. Im here if you need somepony to talk to.

Thank you *hugs* sometimes it's the strangest circumstances where we make friends ;):)

RP with an Ashton character O.O Dreams do come true!!! Seriously, though, I'm here for you <3

Lol, you flatter me, I really dont deserve such praise. . . thanks anyway though, I need an ego boost every now and then *hugs*

You cannot lose an OC character because you own the character. As for cast, we don't check that often, and isn't Pip in an RP?

Also it is hard to say with seeing the RPs in question. One suggestion is to talk about and form ideas with others in the OOC section first. You can also chat with people in chat (and/or Skype) about starting a new RP, or joining an RP that is started by someone else, or is already running.

Pip's in a very slow-going one, and will be in a second one soon. It's my wonderbolt that I'm worried about...

I try that and I tend to always be offline when the threads start and only come on after a dozen posts and half as many people have 'signed up' for the thread... that's why most of my threads are self-started...

I like Lightning Streak. Sky Flare is still interested in meeting him. So that thread to me is still active.

As for Pip, Light's still friends with him.

And don't worry about not having many posts.

I had times on other boards where no pony joined my thread. Sweet Surprise actually was from another board and no pony wanted to RP with her. Other characters of mine suffered dead posts. I felt like my characters were cursed, or that I wasn't RPing well. But you'll get those times of no replies.

You'll get your fun posts.

Also it is hard to say with seeing the RPs in question.

Those are my two most recent ones, I'll have to dig for the others, I know one was about Pip on a train-ride back to trottingham with his mother to visit some of her friends...

I like Lightning Streak. Sky Flare is still interested in meeting him. So that thread to me is still active.

As for Pip, Light's still friends with him.

And don't worry about not having many posts.

I had times on other boards where no pony joined my thread. Sweet Surprise actually was from another board and no pony wanted to RP with her. Other characters of mine suffered dead posts. I felt like my characters were cursed, or that I wasn't RPing well. But you'll get those times of no replies.

You'll get your fun posts.

Meh, we're eternally waiting on Thyralos it seems...

Yeah, I'm not as worried about pip, I've got enough friends for him I can drag somone in if I get desperate, Streak though kinda is a loner unless I decide to harass one of the other 'bolts that I've never RP'd with for some kind of thread...

My only worry is that I'll lose the character that I spend 2-3 weeks working to get (including writting a huge app)

I understand a couple, but it's close to half of mine that nobody likes...

I'm starting to question that, at least in part since all the threads I think will be 'fun' end up with no posts...

Isn't he going to be in The WonderBolt Coffee Break thread Ashton?

And maybe you should make OOC threads with Rp ideas for your characters and others instead of waiting, I'm sure people would LOVE to do rps with your characters

I for one have been wanting Reno to meet Pip.

If it gets made before the deadline that I'll lose Streak, but I got the feeling it was gonna be like 2-3 weeks down the road...

I've tried that and everyone loves my thread ideas, then nobody joins... maybe I just got unlucky, I may try it again...

Sure, why not, Pip's always looking for new "sky Pirates" to join his "crew" lol :)

Well sometimes it takes a while for people to notice. Heck I had open an OOC thread looking for foal characters for a field trip with Cheerilee type tread, given how many there are, only a couple people have mentioned interest so far (at least it won't start for another week or two), and i know there are a ton of foals. Sometimes things take a while.

As for the Wonderbolts, someone should put together a Wonderbolt thread idea in OOC. I will say though you are in no danger for your Woinderbolt character; as tier 3 cast characters are given far more leeway pricisely because they are tier 3 (background).

My first thread ever, it took weeks before I got a reply back then, it can happen to any of us. What is important is you build a network of friends and people you know here who you can RP with and it becomes a lot easier.

We can make two threads

One with Pip and Reno

And one with Gale and Streak being buds and practicing together?

Sounds good to me! :D

Streak can be practicing and Gale want to join in, especially if he doesnt recognize streak as a wonderbolt without his costume, Streak would certainly love having a true friend that's not in it just to say "I know a wonderbolt!" :)

Well sometimes it takes a while for people to notice. Heck I had open an OOC thread looking for foal characters for a field trip with Cheerilee type tread, given how many there are, only a couple people have mentioned interest so far (at least it won't start for another week or two), and i know there are a ton of foals. Sometimes things take a while.

As for the Wonderbolts, someone should put together a Wonderbolt thread idea in OOC. I will say though you are in no danger for your Woinderbolt character; as tier 3 cast characters are given far more leeway pricisely because they are tier 3 (background).

My first thread ever, it took weeks before I got a reply back then, it can happen to any of us. What is important is you build a network of friends and people you know here who you can RP with and it becomes a lot easier.

Someone mentioned that thread to me, I might throw Jez in if you want some chaos :mad: I can always use the excuse that her parents are visiting Pip's parents and they dont want their "little angel" to miss school :?:

That's a relief, I was about to start just RPing with myself to exploit a technicality in the wording "It doesn't say the thread has to be with *other members* just that it has to be active!"

That's what I'm doing with Pip, right now he has at least 3 other players/characters who can get drug into it if I get desperate :20:

Streak can be practicing and Gale want to join in, especially if he doesnt recognize streak as a wonderbolt without his costume, Streak would certainly love having a true friend that's not in it just to say "I know a wonderbolt!

...Gale Flurry is ALSO A WonderBolt Ashton..XD

That be awkward they both go to a show and recognize each other "YOU MEAN YOU ARE A WONDERBOLT TOO!?"

• Like 1

...Gale Flurry is ALSO A WonderBolt Ashton..XD

That be awkward they both go to a show and recognize each other "YOU MEAN YOU ARE A WONDERBOLT TOO!?"

O_o Oh... I looked at your log and he wasnt listed so I made the logical assumption that with the odds of 1000:12 he wasnt a wonderbolt lol

oh gawd, that would be hilarious, but I think the wonderbolts know each other too well for that, as one of the staff said when I was writing my app (I think skye) with the high risk if the stunts arent performed correctly they have to know and trust each other like family because sometimes it could literally be a matter of life and death.

Could Winter Bolt happen to run into you two awesome wonderbolts practicing and be the "true friend that's not in it just to say 'I know a wonderbolt!'" then, please? :D

If Ashton is okay with it

Sure, I dont mind :)

Lets do this thing, Ashton if you'll start I'll chime in =3

and no he's not there yet I gotta update that thing

Sure, any location in mind?

Lol, I have the same problem in reverse, as soon as I "final"ize an app, I add my character, with a note "awaiting approval" poor Streak was in there for 3 weeks before he got approved :P

My first thread ever, it took weeks before I got a reply back then, it can happen to any of us.

Tell me about it. I've opened first thread at 5th March, and had to wait until 16th for first response.

To be honest, each time a thread named "Looking for RP" appears here, it soon becomes spammed with ideas. So it's just about proper communication.

I'm wondering myself if I shouldn't open a new one. As Ardent Will got accepted not so long ago, I've started wondering about RP's for him. Found one suitable, as he's a Destrier apothecary. But a new idea came to my mind. I'd gladly confront him with royal guards. I'm somehow sure his personality would bring troubles upon him in their vicinity.

Oh, forgot to mention. I've visited the first topic you've linked Ashton. But, to be honest, tags looked like it was private. If you follow the track of my thoughts :P

As for the second one, I ain't got suitable OC's yet in that area, YET, and I don't want to come up with ridiculous reasons for current ones to leave the area they live in .-.

Oh, forgot to mention. I've visited the first topic you've linked Ashton. But, to be honest, tags looked like it was private. If you follow the track of my thoughts :P

O_o what about the tags makes it look private? (not being rude, asking so I can avoid it in the future, I had no idea)

well, I dont like just dropping into Rp's, so thats the main reason I rarely randomly join someone, I love too rp with anyone, its just me being.. well I guess you could call it shy.

Its hard for me to just jump into the middle of an rp, i can do it but its really hard. I guess thats why i was asking if you wanted to do a new one Ashton L)

Yeah, it seems when an RP starts here it only takes 15 minutes and it's 10 pages long... my rule is to not join if more than 3 rounds have taken place, because by then everyone's settled in and has their plots going. (Not to mention SO many on here seem to start as "closed, PM for invite" which immediately turns me off - I dont even bother to read it, I just go on to the next thread.)